HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   waiting for my CT scan results (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40122)

fullofbeans 06-23-2009 04:10 AM

waiting for my CT scan results

Well, the nurse is calling me back after lunch to let me know what the score is, so I have to wait three hours at home alone now and not sure what to do with myself..

Am I worried? yes, many of you know the score. After hearing that my dear Missy liver mets recurred after 3 years I feel very much at risk.

The sun is shinning outside but I am going to do the mount of dish I have left undone since my scan as I busied myself going out over the last week..

Please please please I have so many plans, I am just really getting back on track with my life as it should have been, perhaps better even as I feel my priority in life are so right now. I hope and want to join the rank of the miraculous on this site ..please please please. I already feel grateful that I have lasted so long in great health, but it is not enough, not enough.. no not enough!!!!!!!

fullofbeans 06-23-2009 04:42 AM

The registrar just call with results and they agree with me I did not get enough!!!!

Yipeeeh all clean, I just cried of relief, thank you thank you thank you.

The only little cloud in the horizon is a breast MRI in a month because I got lumpectomy with unclear margins at first and then a second, no radiation, because I was written off at first as a stage 4. Part of me is happy about not having had it tho.

NO NOT ENOUGH!!! NOT enough not enough not ENOUGH!

Jean 06-23-2009 04:56 AM

fullofbeans,
As I read your first post I held my breath and then let out a woosh when I read your second post.

So thirlled for you!
Yippe (never enough)...skip those dirty dishes and go outside and just have some fun.

hugs,
Jean

schoolteacher 06-23-2009 07:07 AM

Yeah! Fullofbeans glad to hear your good news. Hope you have a great day.

You are an inspiration to me. I finish my last vaccine this week.

Amelia

Missyw 06-23-2009 07:13 AM

Great news!!!

Hi Sweetie,

Soooooo happy to hear your wonderful news. I feel like I was holding my breath with you. Don't worry about me, had my resection on the first and back on Navelbine on Friday. So far, so good! Stay strong and make those plans!!!!

Missy

Shobha 06-23-2009 07:34 AM

So very happy for you, Fullofbeans! Jean put it exactly right, read you first post and held my breath, sent an extra long prayer to god and then immediately let out a long sigh of relief on reading your second post!

So happy - May God bless you with continued NED status and a long long life filled with good health and joy!

hugs,
shobha

alicem 06-23-2009 09:29 AM

Another breath holder here. I am rejoicing with you across the pond!

karenann 06-23-2009 09:41 AM

Great news! Now go out and enjoy the day.

Karen

Mary Anne in TX 06-23-2009 10:17 AM

It's celebration time!!! Make some noise! ma

Sheila 06-23-2009 02:30 PM

FOB
A big sigh of relief as we all rejoice in your happy news! Go celebrate, you deserve it!

Patb 06-23-2009 02:42 PM

Congratulations on the good news. The dishes
can wait.
Look at the sky, the earth, feel the wind, the sun
and enjoy life.
patb

StephN 06-23-2009 04:44 PM

Dear Beans -
WOW! The best kind of news for us gals is NO news! So your disease is still quiet as is mine ... and a few others here. Let's continue to keep it muffled really tight and not a peep be heard!

Glad you got the call within the 3 hours so you did not have to accidently break all your dishes from the nerves.

Stay in touch and keep asking those smart questions. Are you doing anything new with diet, supplements or anything?

CourtneyL 06-23-2009 05:15 PM

SO glad to hear your great news! Doing the dance of joy for you here in SF. Praying you will keep that disease silenced for a long time to come. I agree - not enough, not enough. But I'll take stable or NED for now!

harrie 06-23-2009 11:53 PM

FULLOFBEANS........YEA!!!!!!!!!!! Now get out there, let out one huge exhale and live!!

Believe51 06-24-2009 12:54 AM

Hahaha, I am on the breath-holders list too. Thanks for the new white hairs I got but it was worth it just to exhale with you.

And Missy, you go girl!!>>Believe51

Mary Jo 06-24-2009 12:45 PM

Yippie Skippie :-)

suzan w 06-24-2009 02:11 PM

YAY!!!!! Great news!!! When I read your first post I held you in my heart and closed my eyes to see your wonderful face!!! Now you can go forth with joy!!!

WomanofSteel 06-24-2009 02:18 PM

Terrific news! Now celebrate!

fullofbeans 06-24-2009 02:38 PM

Thank you all of you so much for your moral support and kind words and prays. It's wonderful to feel the support and understanding.

Missy I am glad that you went ahead with resection and that something was done about it and I send you good vibes and to all of you still having to fight this battle. StephN as you know you are my 'bean' of hope..

Big love

fullofbeans 06-24-2009 02:55 PM

Also StephN to answer your question, I am taking omega3, and alternate with various supplement such as reichi mushroom ect.. I have also been taking shark liver oil in the last year which I beleive to be an important immune stimulant. I take it despite my belief that we should protect shark, tough choice but..

I am convinced that for my case looking after my immune system and stimuting it is the way forward. I also make sure I get enough sun and take supplement vit D when I dont.

Diet wise I have become a bit slacker with time but still I do not eat much meat but more fish especially wild alaska salmon (which is fished sustainably) also I receive a big box of organic veg each week that I try to go though. I guess I have a very good diet compare to most people but certainly less strict that I was at the beginning.