HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Its a Cyst! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=30327)

Becky 10-02-2007 10:46 AM

Its a Cyst!

It’s a cyst. Nothing showed on mammogram and I have easy to do breasts (not dense). The radiologist on call is the one my surgeon says is the best and he told the ultra sounder that she wouldn’t find anything. I could still feel the cyst but I admit, it was considerably smaller than on Sunday. The ultrasound did show a 8mm cyst that even the radiologist was blown away that I could feel (but I am a good self examiner according to my surgeon). According to the radiologist and looking at all the old pix, that cyst has always been around but since I only examine once a month, it was probably never big enough to feel as they fill and deflate during other times. There is another 1mm one about ΒΌ inch from the one I felt. I see my onc Thursday morning (probably because he thinks he will be the one to tell me the good news – but I forced it out of the technicians and wanted to see the radiologist) so I already know. My big question to my onc (and I will let you know what he says - which will be more interesting to the ER+ women on the board than the ER- ones) is – cysts come and go due to fluctuating hormone levels in the body BUT I had my ovaries removed and I am on Arimidex so is the Arimidex really working? (I have occasionally had my estradiol run and it is fine but the lab uses a cut off of 30ug so I don’t know if it is 29 or 5 and it may move from high to low within this “postmenopausal range”. I might discuss a change to Femara or Aromosin because of this episode. If anyone out there has any ideas or info – especially Lani, I would be very interested in hearing it.

In the meantime, your prayers, thoughts and concerns about me meant more than you will ever know and the good karma worked! I love you all.

hutchibk 10-02-2007 10:48 AM

YIPPEE Skippy! Give it name and buy it a drink! LOL

Carolyns 10-02-2007 10:56 AM

Great news!!!

Margerie 10-02-2007 11:01 AM

Happy CystsDay to You!!!!!! So happy you got good news. And stop trying to feel the 1 mm one- because I know you are!

And let me know what your onc says about the fluctuating hormones. Sometimes I feel fluctuating, LOL. No breast tissue left, but I don't have many menopausal symptoms.

RhondaH 10-02-2007 11:04 AM

Awesome News!!!!

Now GO shopping and by you a "relief" present:) Take care and BIG huggs.

Rhonda

Jean 10-02-2007 11:16 AM

I am jumping for JOY for you!
Now do go shopping and you know what to buy.

Love Ya,
Jean

Jean 10-02-2007 11:17 AM

Brenda,
I love your humor - I needed a good chuckle.
Thanks,
Jean

Sheila 10-02-2007 11:34 AM

Becky
RELIEF........glad its nothing to worry about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe 10-02-2007 11:43 AM

FANTASTIC and then some !!!!

Joe and Christine

PinkGirl 10-02-2007 11:46 AM

YA WHO MOUNTAIN DEW..........

:) :) :) !!!!!!!!!!

sarah 10-02-2007 11:52 AM

Great news!
sarah

Andrea Barnett Budin 10-02-2007 11:58 AM

Here's To Nice Mushy Cysts...

LET'S ALL CHEER FOR BECKY'S CYST! That's the best news! Filled w/fluid, no biggy. (I have one they keep visualizing in my R kidney, which gives me a gasping pain if I twist around in the car to talk to someone in the back seat.) Now, is that cyst hormonal, or only the breast cyst? Just wondering out loud...

When the 2nd and 3rd radiol read my scans back in '99 (w/the 1st giving exact dimensions of my ev 8 wk shrinkage of ea of my multiple tumors throughout my liver) #2 and #3 (independent of one another) said -- I'M NOT SURE WHAT I'M LOOKING AT ARE TUMORS. THEY APPEAR CYST-LIKE, FILLED W/FLUID! Yes, I am a big fan of CYSTS vs other unwanted *lesions*!

HURRAY, FOR YOU BECKY. Congratulations on your cyst(s). Way to go... Thanks for sharing your life w/us. I love your posts! And your attitude!
BIG HUGS,
Andi

Mary Jo 10-02-2007 12:05 PM

Not only did that news make your day HUGE it made mine HUGE as well. Couldn't think of much else today but you dear Becky and prayed through out the day. I am Praising The Lord as I type this note.

Hey Becky, I look at you and me kind of in the same boat - we're part of that early stagers group and wondering how we'll do with the herceptin we received. We are not getting this crap again - NO Way - No how - SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - NO more scares like this - alright????? Only teasing ya - but of course you know that.

YAHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YAHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Mary Jo

KRISS 10-02-2007 12:12 PM

YEAAAAAHHH!!!! So glad to hear the good news. Rest easy.

IRENE FROM TAMPA 10-02-2007 12:20 PM

Hip Hip Horayyyyyyy

for that cysts....

I am so happy it is nothing more then a cysts Becky -

C E L L L L LAAAAA BRAY SHUN TIME IS HERE....

Believe51 10-02-2007 12:27 PM

YeeeeHaaaa!

Oh My Friend I have been thinking of you. I have been so busy I really miss the site. Yeahhooo!! Now you can rest a little easier, this will be today's joy for me and you too!! Let me know if you will be in town next month and not BUSY(yeah right) I would love to give you a giant hug... Love Ya Becky>>Believe51

Cynthia 10-02-2007 12:54 PM

Becky,

I am so happy for you and your "girls." Looks like they got a much needed reprieve.

Congratulations.

Cynthia

Patb 10-02-2007 01:02 PM

Congratulations Becky. Who knew one day we would all be so happy
to have a cyst. Go celebrate!!!!
patb

Chelee 10-02-2007 01:08 PM

Becky, Whooo Hooo girl...such WONDERFUL NEWS. You know we are one very select *special* group of women that could get so excited about the results of a cyst. :) Other women that haven't been through what we have would think we were all crazy. lol

I am SO HAPPY for YOU. On another note...I would LOVE to know your secret to getting the technicians to spill the results. I have tried every thing to get them to give me even a hint of what was found...but they always smile and say "You know I can't do that". I've made jokes and you name it trying to PRY it out of them...but it never works. So darn girl..your good! One very talented lady. Again...I am just thrilled you got such great news. I can only imagine your relief.

Chelee

Lolly 10-02-2007 01:14 PM

Whew! Big, big sigh of relief! So happy for you, but I don't have any wisdom to offer re the hormone thing, as am er/pr- myself. But great, great news!

<3 Lolly