HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Staging Poll hopefully correct this time (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=24958)

astrid 08-12-2006 06:11 AM

Staging Poll hopefully correct this time

I have re done this with 3 other polls. Please use those and ignore this one.

madubois63 08-12-2006 07:08 AM

I voted in the 2 -4 year category even though the metastisis was at 4 1/2 years later...

chrisy 08-12-2006 01:03 PM

I was stage 0. DCIS only. There are no guarantees - I was diagnosed with liver mets 2 years later.

Val Pfeiffer 08-12-2006 01:56 PM

hi Astrid--
I have worked with data on and off over the years, and I want to offer my "two cents worth." I was thinking that you might want ask these questions a bit differently. The way they are currently worded, many people will be able to choose several of them, and people will be forced to select one, even though two or more may apply to them. For example, someone may be stage 4 currently, but can also answer yes to "was originally stage 1" and "did your cancer metastasize." With the current questions, you will not be able to draw any useful conclusions from your data. If I understand correctly the points you are trying to measure, in order to get accurate data, you may want to consider asking the questions something like this:

(ask the first three questions...are you currently stage 1 2 or 3)

* I am stage 4 and was originally diagnosed as stage 4

* I am stage 4, my cancer started out as stage 0, and metastisized less than one year later.

* I am stage 4, my cancer started out as stage 0, and metastisized one to two years later.

* I am stage 4, my cancer started out as stage 0, and metastisized between two and four years later

* I am stage 4, my cancer started out as stage 0, and metastisized five or more years later

* I am stage 4, my cancer started out as stage 1, and metastisized less than one year later.

* I am stage 4, my cancer started out as stage 1, and metastisized one to two years later.

* I am stage 4, my cancer started out as stage 1, and metastisized between two and four years later

* I am stage 4, my cancer started out as stage 1, and metastisized five or more years later

* I am stage 4, my cancer started out as stage 2, and metastisized less than one year later

* I am stage 4, my cancer started out as stage 2, and metastisized one to two years later

* I am stage 4, my cancer started out as stage 2, and metastisized between two and four years later

* I am stage 4, my cancer started out as stage 2, and metastisized five or more years later

* I am stage 4, my cancer started out as stage 3, and metastisized less than one year later

* I am stage 4, my cancer started out as stage 3, and metastisized one to two years later

* I am stage 4, my cancer started out as stage 3, and metastisized between two and four years later

* I am stage 4, my cancer started out as stage 3, and metastisized five or more years later

I think I covered all the possibilities...might have missed something, but you'll see the pattern. By allowing the respondent to select their specific situation, you will get better ionfo. Hopefully that makes sense.

Good luck with the data--I think this will be worthwhile info :-)
Val

Montana 08-12-2006 02:41 PM

Thanks, Val for clearing that up. I am very interested in the results of this poll, especially the Stage 1 to Stage IV results.
Astrid, would you please try it again?

karenann 08-13-2006 05:31 PM

Just out of curiosity Astrid, what kind of treatment did your sister have?

Karen

Lauriemn 08-14-2006 11:45 AM

I was wondering, for the women who recurred after 2 years, are you er/pr+?

Laurie

chrisy 08-14-2006 05:37 PM

Hi Astrid,
I know this has been a lot of work trying to capture this info! I hate to say this, but I still do not fit into this poll! I was originally DX Stage 0, metastasized 2 years later.
I voted in this one before the latest changes...

Jean 08-14-2006 05:38 PM

I am curious what treatment was given to those Stage 1 who had recurrance?

This should prove to be interesting how many had radiation, hormonal therapy,
chemo, etc.

Maybe that should be added also....

Jean

mamacze 08-14-2006 06:23 PM

Great questions being asked; my curiosity is peaked! Astrid, I hope you are not feeling overwhelmed...I have to add that like Chrissy, I was originally diagnosed a Stage 0 in 2001; then a stage 4 with mets to the lungs in 2004. I am Her2+++, er/pr-, and it seems like Astrids sister and Astrid were er/pr + ?
If I can help, let me know.
Love Kim from CT

Christine MH-UK 08-17-2006 08:50 AM

So far, so good

What about those of us who are 2-3 years out or even longer with poor initial prognoses who are still NED? It would seem to be useful to keep that possibility in mind.

chrisjan 08-27-2006 01:33 PM

Herceptin Clinical Study

Hello,

Can anyone tell me how to get the Herceptin clinical study - looking to make sure that I am on the right treatment regime for my cancer. her2+ about to end my second round of treatments - Abraxane and Herceptin (allergic to Taxol). About to go to Herceptin for the next year. Should I go onto radiation and anything else?

Thank you for responding.

Chrisjan

MJo 09-11-2006 05:27 AM

I am happy to take as many polls as you post here. I like val's suggestion, as I am DX at stage 1 and hope with Herceptin this never comes back. But I want all the facts I can get.

MJo 09-11-2006 05:31 AM

P.S. RE Val's suggestion--we could divide it into two groups, ERPR+ and ERPR-, although we have variables, such as ER+PR-. We have the chance here to gather some really important info. We could even break it down to HER+++ and HER++. I know it sounds nightmarish, but there isn't any other place to get this info.

Lisalou 06-24-2014 09:04 AM

Re: Staging Poll hopefully correct this time

Hi Chistjan
You may want to post a separate thread with your questions for more responses. Your treatment depends on your stage and the type surgery you had. If you could share that info it would be helpful. If you search google scholar for Herceptin you will find several studies. Herceptin for 1 year is standard it has been tried for longer and shorter times with no greater benefit or less benefit