HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Life Insurance advance money (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=43658)

dchips1 02-06-2010 09:52 PM

Life Insurance advance money

God has been awesome and helped us find this option, with the help of Darlene from this site and I was able to take a advance on a term life policy, called an Accelerated Death Benefit. The policy was a 200,000 dollar policy and I took 150,000 of it, tax free. I left the 50,000 and it kept the kids rider on it as well. It only took a couple of weeks for the check to arrive. We were able to pay all of our debt and just have everyday bills, in order for me not to have to work so much. Before "borrowing" from some of the advertised loans check into this. Good Luck and prayers for our families and their Angels.

Darita

Chelee 02-07-2010 12:25 AM

Re: Life Insurance advance money

Darita, That's great news. I'm so glad this worked out so well...what a relief that must be you and your family. Now you can take some much deserved time for yourself and not work so hard. I'm really happy for you! Thanks for sharing the news as I'm sure it will help others out too that didn't know about this.

Chelee

Jackie07 02-07-2010 01:56 AM

This sure is an option for me in case this neck stuff does turn out to be metastasis. The beneficiary of my life insurance policy is my 87-year-old Mother and then my third Brother - they both live overseas and really don't need my money. I just felt like I owe them a lot... But hubby sure isn't too happy about it.

Without much hope for future job prospect and income, we (I) may have to go the same route one of these days. Thanks for sharing.

Darlene Denise 02-07-2010 08:10 AM

Darita: Good to see you posting. I'm sorry to see that it is post crainiotomy. I hope it went as well as it could and you have lots of love and support around you. I have one brain lesion left of the original pack of eleven that we are trying to determine if it is growing again. I hope not and I am so sorry your situation was not resolved without surgery.

I am so glad that the life insurance advance is helping your family. After selling life insurance for 32 years, I never imagined that I would be on this side of things.
I am happy that my information could be of help.

Keep us posted of your progress and tell us about something special you are able to do for yourself with your life insurance proceeds!!

Hugs...Darlene

dchips1 02-07-2010 04:13 PM

oops hit the wrong button """Goofy steroids and blood sugars really mess up the vision and fingers"""LOL

the place I have worked takes care of special needs kids. They are non profit so I can go and help with whatever whenever.

Take care and Smile and hug the people who look like they need it!!!

Darita

dchips1 02-07-2010 04:23 PM

ok this is posted backwards, i guess i deleted the first part the reply.

Some of the things we did my husband brought home a 8 week old puppy, upgraded front room furniture and TV. Especially since no longer have all the special needs kids and 4 additional 18 -20somethings in the house to ruin it!!!(still have 18 yr daughter and 9 yr boy) at home.
Got me a 80.00 camping lounge chair that has feet rest and reclines!! Perfect in my bed room as alternative to my bed. (I am getting home ot/pt from massive lower body muscle wasting) Invest some, move my 9 yr to a Private Christian school, and put money away for the 18 yr for college. Plus the relief of not having to go back to work, especially since I have applied for social security and have to wait the 6 months for payments.

Take care
Smile at those who need it, hug those who move your heart and share your "journey" and what God has done in yours!!!
Darita