HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Lifetime Movie on Herceptin (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=36067)

rebecca0623 10-13-2008 07:54 AM

Lifetime Movie on Herceptin

Just wanted to post that, at least in my cable area, Lifetime Movie "Living Proof" about Dr. Slamon and development of Herceptin starring Harry Connick Jr. and Bernadette Peters is showing Saturday Oct 18th at 8. I have the Tivo set and ready to go!

Soccermom 10-13-2008 08:00 AM

Thanks for the reminder Rebecca! Also Congrats on the negative BRCA test,

Hugs marcia

Chelee 10-13-2008 12:02 PM

Rebecca, I really appreciate the reminder. It seems I have the worse case of chemobrain possible. It's darn right embarrassing how bad it is. Reminders like yours will help burn it in my brain. lol I am so looking forward to watching this movie...I don't have tivo so I have to depend on my brain...scary! haha

Chelee

Audrey 10-13-2008 03:23 PM

I am really looking forward to watching this movie, too. Wish everyone on this board could get together for a viewing party, but I know we'll all be together in spirit, cheering on our hero, Dr. Dennis Slamon, and all those brave women who signed up for the early clinical trials of Herceptin

mts 10-14-2008 08:39 AM

Just bumping this up since there is quite some interest in this topic and many of us may not have seen this post.
Maria

rebecca0623 10-14-2008 08:58 AM

Just a little further information - the TV guide has it in my area as 8:00 pm on Saturday.

lexigirl 10-14-2008 10:28 AM

Can't wait!

Lexi

CindyE 10-14-2008 02:23 PM

I just found it on Dish at 6:00 on the west coast. I've got it set now to record.

Terri B 10-14-2008 02:34 PM

I've got my phone alarm set to go off on Saturday to remind me!

caya 10-14-2008 03:25 PM

Unfortunately this wonderful movie is only available in the US - I checked the Lifetime website and the information in the FAQ section states that this channel is not available outside the US. I am very disappointed.

I hope it will be available to buy on a DVD. I think I recall Joe may have mentioned he was trying to arrange this.

Any update Joe?

all the best
caya

Chelee 10-14-2008 10:05 PM

Caya, Even though I plan on watching it I still want a copy of it on DVD. I'm pretty sure after the movie airs they will have DVD's available.

I found one article that mentioned a big party they had for the actors that were in the movie...& it went on to mention that Peggy Siegal went up to Laura Bush & gave her a DVD of "Living Proof". So I'm hoping we will all be able to get our hot little hands on a copy after Oct. 18th. :)

Chelee

Andrea Barnett Budin 10-17-2008 03:02 PM

Reminder

Tomorrow -- SATURDAY, OCT. 18 -- Lifetime channel --
DO NOT FORGET!

The movie about Herceptin and Dennis Slamon's remarkable journey to help save thousands of lives...

My DVR is set!

tricia keegan 10-17-2008 04:07 PM

Wish I could see it, please fill me in after!!

madubois63 10-17-2008 04:14 PM

So I've been waiting for all these months for this movie and wouldn't you know it...my daughter has a Sweet 16 to go to (4 pm to 10 pm). It's about 40 minutes from home, and the movie starts at 9 pm here. After the party, we are driving to Connecticut so that we can be in New Haven bright and early for a tour of the U of NH campus for my daughter. Both my kids will be gone in the fall :( . I have my sister armed and ready with the Tivo so I can watch it when I get to her house after midnight. I have my friend doing the same here so I can go to her house and watch it on Monday if need be...Don't forget the tissues!! I cry every time I see the commercial. I am going to be a blubbering idiot watching the movie....

StephN 10-17-2008 09:23 PM

Nah!
Maryann, you will NEVER be a blubbering idiot!

Maybe blubbering - but NOT an idiot. And that's final.

janieR 10-18-2008 11:26 AM

Like tricia, I wish I could see it.

Joe can you try and get a dvd sorted for this as I feel I am still here because of Dr Slamon and then this very accurate informative site with such genuine people to keep us going in the uk.

Thank you Christine and Joe

RobinP 10-18-2008 01:00 PM

I'm going to try to watch it, if it doesn't stir too many emotions for me. I read the book and I cried throughout it, knowing what these women were fighting and this was years before I ever knew I had her2 breast cancer. So whew, now I get to watch the movie, knowing I'm a her2 girl, awesome and kind of scary too, but thank God for Herceptin and for Dr. Slamon.

tricia keegan 10-18-2008 01:52 PM

Joe, Like Janie in the UK it would be fabulous if you get dvd's of this that will show here. Please keep us posted if you do!

Paty 10-18-2008 03:48 PM

I am also very disappointed that I won't be able to see it down here in Mexico. (Sniff!). Hope we can get DVD's later. I have the American Network on anyway on my TV, just to see if by any chance there is something there. To all of you who can see it, please enjoy it!!!. Love to all,

Paty

micheleu 10-18-2008 05:45 PM

i've got my red wine with me ready to watch it!! I'm really excited!!