HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   abdominal mets (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49067)

Faith in Him 03-02-2011 11:11 AM

abdominal mets

It's been a long time since I've posted but I check in often to see how everyone is doing. I always keep you in my thoughts & prayers.

I need a little help with my last scan which revealed abdominal mets or possibly post surgical changes from the tram flap. Onc is leaning towards mets. Isn't abdominal mets more likely in lobular or er+ bc?

I have posted on other sites but haven't received any responses. Anyone w/ this type of met or know someone that has? Since a baseline scan wasn't done, I will stay on the trial and rescan in 2 months.

It was the people on this site that showed me how to push drs and ask the right questions when I was blown over by this cancer dx. I am so grateful. In a few months I will have a teenager. Wow, I made it this far.

Ellie F 03-02-2011 12:41 PM

Re: abdominal mets

Hi Tonya
So glad to hear from you, I have often wondered how you are.
Sorry to hear about this latest blip. By abdominal mets do you mean lymph glands or organs or something else??
What trial are you on?
Prayers and hugs
Ellie

Mary Jo 03-02-2011 02:32 PM

Hi Tonya - I, too, was happy to see your post! Like you, I don't post much but do check up on people! I'm sorry I can be of no help with your mets question! Asking God to lead the right people to you and I know that He will!

Peace and love,

Mary Jo

Mary L 03-02-2011 03:49 PM

Hi Tonya, I also can not be any help in this area but I am so sorry that you have to go through this. It is very scary to be a cancer patient and you just never know what is around the corner. I try not to live in fear but it is very hard. I will be praying for you and I send you my best wishes, Mary L

Jackie07 03-02-2011 04:03 PM

Found an abstract about a patient who was diagnosed with abdominal mets 7 years after her initial breast cancer diagnosis.

Case Report Med. 2010;2010:615923. Epub 2010 Jun 16.
Isolated gastrointestinal metastasis of breast carcinoma: a case report.

Titi MA, Anabtawi A, Newland AD.
Department of Surgery, Crosshouse Hospital, Kilmarnock, Scotland KA2 0BE, UK.
Abstract

Purpose. Gastrointestinal tract is one of the rare locations for breast cancer metastasis. This paper shows such metastasis may occur even in the absence of breast metastasis in other more common locations. Case Report. A 64-year old female was admitted to the hospital with abdominal discomfort and diarrhea. She had breast carcinoma treated 7 years previously with normal follow-up since. Colonoscopy showed hepatic flexure thickening that was confirmed to be breast metastasis. Staging investigations showed upper and lower gastrointestinal tract metastasis with negative findings elsewhere. Conclusion. Although more common causes for gastrointestinal symptoms should be excluded, however, a high index of suspicion of metastatic breast cancer is needed when such patients develop gastrointestinal symptoms.

lkc Gumby 03-02-2011 04:59 PM

Hi Faith, ABdominal mets is extremely rare especially as a first met site.
my money is on scar tissue which is extremely prevalent w/Trams.

Midwest Alice 03-02-2011 05:40 PM

Hi Tonya, Praying for you. Glad you posted. I look for you when I'm on. Are you looking at TMD1 trial? There are several great treatments in the pipeline. We will find you the right one. ~Alice

Mary Anne in TX 03-02-2011 06:02 PM

Hi Tonya!
I'm believing for the best and sending up a prayer flare!
luv, ma

bejuce 03-02-2011 06:09 PM

Sorry to hear this. Hoping that this is just scar tissue. Keep us posted and keep the faith,

Marcia

schoolteacher 03-03-2011 01:10 PM

Glad to hear from you, Tonya.

Let us know how things are going.

Amelia