HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Marie needs some help (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=41243)

rl2 09-29-2009 02:43 PM

Marie needs some help

Hi, Marie has had to put Ed in the hospital today, she has no car, no transportation, etc. to see him.
Is there anyone in RI or nearby that could help her?

momcat 09-29-2009 02:57 PM

Re: Marie needs some help

Hi, newbie from RI here, been lurking for sometime. Please Pm me with more info on what Marie needs for transpo. I am in RI, but I have good days and bad~ happy to help when I can

Lien 09-29-2009 03:00 PM

Does the hospital have a room for relatives? When my grandmother was dying, we could sleep near her.

Love

Jacqueline

rl2 09-29-2009 03:05 PM

i am sure that once she gets to hospital she won't leave, I don't think he has a lot of time left, or that is what hospice was telling her.
Momcat - I have sent you a private message with Marie's contact info.

tricia keegan 09-29-2009 03:13 PM

I hope someone here can help her:)

Yorkiegirl 09-29-2009 04:22 PM

On No, I so wish I was closer to be able to help her. I hope she finds a way.

StephN 09-29-2009 06:06 PM

Very sorry to hear this development. I know times have been tough for our dears.

Are there taxi or van services that the Hospice people can help her with?? I know here we have volunteers who will drive people who don't have transportation. Hope such services will surface.

I pray for the assistance of loving presences to guide and calm Marie and Ed during these coming days.

Faith in Him 09-29-2009 07:47 PM

Is this something the American Cancer society could help with? Maybe they just help with transportation for the cancer patient.

I sure wish I could help.

ElaineM 09-29-2009 08:40 PM

The hospice people may have suggestions. Ask the American Cancer Society for the names and contact info for nearby taxi companies that might be able to offer her a discount. Go to Cancercare.org or call them at
1-800-813-4673. They might have suggestions. Can someone at their doctor's office make suggestions?

atdec05 09-29-2009 10:56 PM

I'm in Mass. and RI is an hour away. PM me if I can help.

Anna

rl2 09-29-2009 11:03 PM

I know a couple of you spoke with Marie today and offered to help in case she needs rides, etc. I am glad she has some backup, this is taking its toll - she was meeting with social worker tonite at home so maybe they can help also.

momcat 09-30-2009 05:33 AM

I spoke with Marie yesterday and told her I am available anytime for any reason. I am 1/2 hour away. I will continue to stay in touch with her ( Isn't it funny how asking for help is so difficult?). Bless you all for your concern for your friend~ know that I will try to help, for her and for you.

Unregistered 09-30-2009 07:15 AM

Oh dear God, I'm so sorry this is happening. Ed's time is coming to be with his maker.

Maire I'm in Mass and will be happy to help.

Ann I see you in Mass as well, where are you located? I'm in Lowell

Randi

atdec05 09-30-2009 08:03 AM

Hi Randi,

I'm in the Boston area.

Colleen007 09-30-2009 10:17 AM

I spoke with her as well...she was all set for today but has my number if she needs help another day. I'm about 45 minutes away from her.

Colleen

Believe51 09-30-2009 10:41 AM

Cannot imagine the tears that fall reading a thread like this or getting assorted phone calls from all over. I cannot express and you think I could by now. The love and support I have recieved here is a unique bond, it has been my life's work....because of you. I will be working when my benefits run out and before the extended benefits. I have to wonder if this is really supposed to be...I feel my life was supposed to be this, I am still centered and focused somehow. Thank you all for walking the walk with us and sorry that you must join us on this part. Please do not let this all discourage anyone from anything. There is no regrets, we turned all stones and I grab great comfort from this...as can you knowing that.

I will set up a seperate updated post about his condition. It will still inspire you. See you soon and giant hugs...Marie

I still cannot believe this is happening...can you believe that?? Unreal.

Unregistered 09-30-2009 10:43 AM

Anna,

I would love to go to Ed's mass, if it is open to us, but I do not drive long distance very good. Would you be going? If so I would love to hitch a ride, I would be happy to pay towards gas money. I just feel like I need to be there for her. I've talked to her off line and even spoken to her on the phone. She has been an absolute Angel through this.

Thanks
Randi

Terri B 09-30-2009 02:23 PM

Awww Marie :'(

IRENE FROM TAMPA 09-30-2009 04:40 PM

Marie

I love you and Ed without ever even meeting in person.

My prayers to you both my dear friend.

Ceesun 09-30-2009 06:29 PM

Love to you Marie and Ed....Ceesun