HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   more bumps in the road (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52862)

Pam P 01-13-2012 09:22 AM

more bumps in the road

I have not been on this site since Christmas. Over the holiday I was sick with cold/flu. That Tues. I went to ER and they put me into ICU. I went down hll very quickly. Pneumonia, dangerously low blood pressure. Lung fill with fluid requiring thoracentisis. Atrial fib for about 20 hours. The list goes on... I was in ICU 3 days and in hospital for 13. I got so weak I can no longer stand/walk or do anything independently. I'm in rehab now trying to get stronger with therapy. I'v been here four days and so far haven't gained ground. I'm worried I won't get enough strength back to go home but trying to be hopeful. The pneumonia is much improved but I'm still on many drugs mainly for heart stuff. I'm so discouraged with all the set backs I've had lately. Of course I won't get chemo now until I get stronger either.

ElaineM 01-13-2012 10:28 AM

Re: more bumps in the road

Oh Pam, I am so sorry to read your latest news. However you are a fighter, so hang in there and try your best. It might take awhile to get your strength back, but you have been down before and came back fighting, so I am confident that you can do it again.
Take good care of yourself. I have my fingers and toes crossed for you and I will say a prayer for you. Blessings of peace and good health to you.

Pam P 01-13-2012 10:33 AM

Thanks Elaine. Appreciate your prayers.

snolan 01-13-2012 10:56 AM

I worked in a inpatient rehab center as a therapist for 13 years you are in the best place possible. Keep your chin up and just take it one day at a time, set small goals for each day to keep you focused. You will get there.
Suzanne

Redwolf8812 01-13-2012 11:04 AM

Prayers going up....

StephN 01-13-2012 11:13 AM

Der Pam -
You are such a strong person to come on and post all this. You have a couple sister here and elsewhere who have also had some near misses lately. I have a friend here who is in rehab, but she is able to go for her T-DM1. She has been in rehab for a month and the plan is for her to go to assisted lived very soon.

It may take a little time, but you have battled back more than once. Chin up and the good Lord will be there for you.

notamrnpsn 01-13-2012 11:38 AM

Gods Blessing are being sent to you pam. You are such an inspiration. Strong and gutsy, Jeanette

BonnieR 01-13-2012 12:00 PM

Pam, so sorry to hear your news. And when health is down, spirits go down with it. But, as has been said, just take baby steps one day at a time and you will have slow but steady improvement. Hard as it is, keep the faith.

Mtngrl 01-13-2012 12:28 PM

Poor Pam. I'm so sorry.

We're all pulling for you.

Vicky 01-13-2012 12:31 PM

You are the living, breathing, definition of warrior in my eyes. I have to rest in the words of all those who have posted before me. You've persevered through all of this, and many times before this and I will pray that with your determination and will, you will battle through this too. Prayers and hugs being sent your way!

Paty 01-13-2012 12:51 PM

Dear Pam,
Hope you will recover strenght in you body soon. I know how strong your soul is and That is very important and such an example to many. I am praying for a prompt recovery. God bless you. Love, Paty.

Jane 01-13-2012 01:09 PM

Pam,
I am praying for you - and thinking about you a great deal. You have been through so very much.

I pray that you will feel God's presence in your room and that He will give you emotional and physical strength.

Jane

(pittsburgh)

schoolteacher 01-13-2012 01:15 PM

Pam,

You are in my prayers.

Amelia

caya 01-13-2012 01:34 PM

Pam,

So sorry to hear of your troubles, you certainly do not deserve this.

Sending prayers and big hugs your way from Canada.

all the best
caya

Kellennea 01-13-2012 01:56 PM

Sorry you have to deal with this... Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Pray 01-13-2012 04:00 PM

Oh Pam, What a strong wonderful Woman you are! The fact that you made it out of ICU is such an enormous deal! Then out of the hospital and fighting your way through rehab! You amaze me! You always have since I first came to this site. For goodness sake! even your title to your post "more bumps in the road " like this is not hard stuff! You are my Hero! You undoubtable are one of the strongest, Kind hearted women I have ever met. You inspire me so! Gods blessings to you. Please know you are in my prayers.I do Love and Respect you dearly.Your Friend,Nancy

JennyB 01-13-2012 09:44 PM

Pam,

I hope you make a speedy recovery and are soon updating us from home again! You deserve an easy time of things - stay strong.

Jenny xx

KsGal 01-13-2012 10:33 PM

Pam...Im so sorry to hear of all you had to endure. I know you must be exhausted. Like many other people said, baby steps. Viewing it all at once is so overwhelming, but make smaller goals you are able to accomplish and it will help keep the depression at bay. You are such a strong woman. Know that you are surrounded by many prayers being sent your way for strength and comfort and good spirits.

chemteach 01-14-2012 08:11 AM

Pam, my thoughts and prayers are with you too. Keep going, and you will get back home as you make progress day by day. Laugh whenever you can, and keep your chin up. More people are rooting for you here than you can imagine! It's powerful, and it's for you because we're all connected.

Delaney 01-14-2012 09:37 AM

thinking of you Pam, hope you see some improvement very soon.