HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Starting Perjeta, Navelbine, & Herceptin this Wednesday (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=60320)

Redwolf8812 02-17-2014 03:50 PM

Starting Perjeta, Navelbine, & Herceptin this Wednesday

praying, praying, praying

:-)

lkc Gumby 02-17-2014 05:15 PM

Re: Starting Perjeta, Navelbine, & Herceptin this Wednesday

Penny, Perejta and herceptin are a great combo, with very little side effects.
Can't speak of navelbine, but praying it is your magic bullet

sassy 02-17-2014 07:58 PM

Praying with you.

Jackie07 02-18-2014 05:05 AM

Adding mine...

Pamelamary 02-18-2014 03:20 PM

Thinking of you, Penny, with all digits crossed!

CoolBreeze 02-18-2014 07:10 PM

Penny, you may know that I'm stable. I have even been off chemo for months and only on Herceptin and Perjeta. I think Perjeta is a miracle drug, and to date, most of the chemo effects have worn off and I feel normal and energetic. My only problem is some lasting pain but I'll take it. I had gamma knife (SBRT) on my liver tumors but the Perjeta had made them inactive before we even did it. The SBRT was just a nail in the coffin. :)

I hope the same for you. It has been a miracle drug for me. I will have 3 years with liver mets this May, and ::knock wood:: feel like I'll be around for a bit! You never know and I try not to get too confident but I feel great. I even have a writing job! I cleaned out an entire spare junk room and made it my scrapbook room, AND I scrapbook. I am a functioning adult again and I didn't realize until now just how sick I'd been.

I also did Navelbine, although not with Perjeta, quite some time ago. I found it a pretty easy chemo and I hope you do too. Herceptin and Perjeta are like nothing as far as side effects.

I'm even planning for the future again - a dangerous game but I feel healthy so that's where my mind goes. :) Thinking about vacations, visiting friends in other states....never thought I'd get there!

Pamelamary 02-19-2014 08:52 PM

More great news, from Coolbreeze. So glad to hear you are stable and like the idea of having Perjeta in my future armoury.
Best wishes.... Pam

michka 02-20-2014 03:07 AM

Penny, this is a good combo. Hoping for you.
Coolbreeze, happy you are stable. Hope your quality of life is improving.
Michka

Redwolf8812 02-20-2014 05:50 AM

Thanks for all the encouragement, and for good news from Ann. This is given as follows: all 3 the first week, just navelbine the 2nd week, off the 3rd week, then it starts all over with all 3 the next week. So I'll get another shot of navelbine next week, 2 days before we go on our gigantic-25 people ski trip - can't wait. I'll probably do 3 cycles before scanning again.

:-) Penny

LeahM 02-20-2014 05:55 AM

Praying with you.

Mtngrl 02-20-2014 12:57 PM

Penny,

Best of luck to you. I might be right behind you