HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   On my way to the 10th Anniversary... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57193)

Jackie07 01-29-2013 09:48 PM

On my way to the 10th Anniversary...

Saw my ('new' and 'young') oncologist yesterday for the DEXA scan (for bone density http://www.medicinenet.com/bone_dens...an/article.htm) result. Hard to imagine that after two full doses of chemo (2003, 2007), five years of Tamoxifen and 3 months of Exemstane (trade name Aromasin) and not much physical activity the past year or so, my bones are O.K. !

The calcium pills (tasted like candy) I took for a whole year in elementary school (3rd Grade?) and all the sports I had participated in must have had some good effects on this premature baby. O, and the rib soups ... :)

Just wanted to share the good news with my fellow bc warriors.

Remember 'walking 30 minutes a day has a lot of benefits...'!

[He did mention that some 'protein' number on the blood test report was high. I told him it'd always been high - probably because I've always had cancer. He asked me about the brain tumor (Five nodules of Central Neurocytoma - unrelated to BC) and I told him they'd not been bothering me since I'd started sleeping on my right side [to help pull the (one particular) tumor away from the Thalamus with the help of gravity] about six months ago. Come summer, I'll be celebrating the 23rd Anniversary of my brain tumor diagnosis/surgery and the 10th Anniversary of my breast cancer diagnosis/surgery. Yeah!]

Pray 01-29-2013 10:56 PM

Re: On my way to the 10th Anniversary...

How absolutely wonderful. Gods blessings to you! I hope and pray you have many, many, many healthy and happy years!!

Jackie07 01-30-2013 01:58 AM

Thanks, Pray. My Fifty-third birthday is also coming up soon (I used to always get 'double' amount of money in the 'Red Envelope' given by my parents on Chinese New Year's Eve (when the clock stroke 12 at midnight :). The tears I shed 5 1/2 years ago in the hospital waiting room after being informed about the recurrence was proof how far I've come.

This Board, created by Christine and her late husband, Joe, and being supported/participated by so many of our fellow Her2 BC fighters, has had a tremendous impact on my survival...

This is the only place I could safely communicate with others about my feelings, hopes and prayers ... I've learned so much from everyone: the difference/pros and cons of lumpectomy and mastectomy, different types of chemo agents, the miracle/power of Herceptin, genetic links and preventive measures, nutrition and exercises, ... etc.

Though nobody knows the future, I'm glad to be on my way to the 10 years mark!

Bunty 01-30-2013 04:47 AM

Jackie, such great news, and I believe you can absolutely call yourself a Survivor! Wishing you continued good health.

And thanks very much for all your valuable contributions to this forum - you are such an important part of this 'family'!

Best wishes
Marie x

europa 01-30-2013 05:50 AM

You are simply awesome. Congratulations!!!

caya 01-30-2013 06:57 AM

Big congrats to you Jackie on #23 and #10 - and Kung Hey Fat Choy!

all the best
caya

karen z 01-30-2013 07:36 AM

Thanks for this wonderful news.
Many many congratulations to you.
kz

BonnieR 01-30-2013 12:45 PM

Jackie, wonderful news indeed! And I admire that you continue to stay on the board to offer experience, strength and hope to frightened newcomers. Paying it forward. Good for the karma, too!
Keep the faith everyone.

Kkmom 01-30-2013 02:56 PM

Jackie,
This is what I am talking about....I loved reading your post. I am at the beginning of this ride - I start chemo next week. Your post gives me lots of energy for knowing I will be ok also.

ElaineM 01-30-2013 03:09 PM

It sounds like you are doing very well. Congratulations.
Happy Birthday, Happy Chinese New Year. Go out and have a nice celebration. You deserve it.

ammebarb 01-30-2013 03:13 PM

Jackie, that is absolutely wonderful news! Hope you are properly celebrating somehow! Best wishes.

Barb A,

Soccermom 01-31-2013 06:57 AM

Jackie, you are amazing! Happy 10th and here's to many many more such posts!
Xoxo Marcia

tricia keegan 01-31-2013 08:26 AM

Huge congrats Jackie on this very special milestone!!!

Joan M 01-31-2013 07:26 PM

Congratulations, Jackie!!! And thank you for everything that you do for us!!

Joan

Joanne S 01-31-2013 07:49 PM

I'm so happy for you! Congrats Jackie! And very best wishes for continued wellness!

NEDenise 02-01-2013 03:56 PM

Jackie, my friend,
Please forgive me for being tardy to your party!
My only excuse is all the pain meds!

Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday to you!
You are such an important, and well-loved member of our HER2 family, I hope you're still here and making valuable contributions when you celebrate your NINETY-third birthday!!

Enjoy a wonderful year!
Denise

ps - your new avatar photo is beautiful!

KDR 02-01-2013 09:37 PM

Jackie,
Wonderful news for you, and well deserved!
May 2013 and beyond be the best yet,
Love
Karen

rhondalea 02-02-2013 12:19 PM

You're one amazing woman, Jackie. My wishes for you are that your birthday was very happy and that you are able to celebrate anniversaries like this one for many years to come.

Laurel 02-02-2013 05:35 PM

Well now, just how very cool is that????? Terrific news from one terrific (and dedicated to all those on this site) lady! Thanks for being such a brilliant inspiration.

KsGal 02-03-2013 11:53 AM

Jackie...Congratulations!!! Im so very happy for you. I also just want you to know how much I appreciate your posts and the stage IV thread. When I first came to this site I was so scared and negative....the work you did with that thread and the things that you posted to me had a HUGE impact on me finding the strength and the hope to move forward. Big hugs to you, Jackie, and prayers for continued good health. You are a very important part of this site.