HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Spa to Rejuvenate (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29548)

Sherryg683 08-23-2007 10:37 PM

Ohhhh yea..Hawaii..sounds wonderful on this end..sherry

Sherryg683 08-23-2007 11:06 PM

Checked out the rates at Miravel and they are pretty prices, most rooms over a thousand a night., some are 1,600 to 1,700 a night...that's a little over my budget considering I'd also need airfare. Unless they were to give a big group rate discount. Heck we could fly to hawaii and stay in some beachside bungalow for less than that...Or maybe we should think about booking a cruise, those can be pretty cheap and we should be able to get special reates with numbers....sherry

Sheila 08-23-2007 11:51 PM

Don't know how I missed this...but count me in..and Jan/Feb sounds great...but coming from Illinois I hope its somewhere warm!

harrie 08-24-2007 12:48 AM

Mauna Lani Resort, Big Island

My favorite spa (actually the only one I have been to) is on the Big Island where I live. It is at the Mauna Lani Resort and it is a fabulous spa.
If you go to: maunalani.com
you read about the resort and spa.

When I was last there I had a massage and pedicure. There are quite a selection of treatments available there.

Maryanne

Melinda 08-24-2007 10:03 AM

HARRIE
I see your picture on your posts, I was wondering the same thing.... I do not see my picture on my posts. How does the computer know when to use the picture? ;) Is it that we do not see our own picture?
Melinda

tousled1 08-24-2007 11:23 AM

Melinda,

For your picture to show up on all your posts you have to put it on your avatar in addition to your profile picture. Go to UserCP and click edit avatar it will prompt to you add your picture.

StillHere 08-24-2007 04:28 PM

Administration: I know there have been responses to this thread because I have received notices in my email, but the last post I show on this thread is from Vanessa on 8/16. Can you try to refresh this so I have a complete historical thread? I have been taking note of everyone's name that shows up in my email. Hope everyone got my message that the Miraval sales rep is out of the office until 8/29. Karen

StephN 08-24-2007 04:51 PM

Lots of interest

Hi Karen -
There are 46 replies prior to this one.

Maybe go to:
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/sho...t=29548&page=3

and you can go back to the other pages from there and see everyone's response.

I would love to join in - was just waiting for more info on place, time and cost. Miraval sounds a bit steep to me unless there are two or three to a room and that is also including meals and other things that might be separate elsewhere.

Maybe some comparison shopping is in order?

The only spa I have ever been to was Nance's Hot Springs in Calistoga, CA. I went for the mud baths, massage and don't forget the WINE! Oh, and the Sonoma Mission Inn.

tousled1 08-24-2007 07:35 PM

Depending on when and where you can count me in.

StillHere 08-25-2007 03:41 PM

Cruise, Mexico, DR- any objections?

OK, I'm just plain stupid! I forgot to go to next page on this long thread to read all the posts.

Questions:
Anybody object to a cruise? Get seasick, etc
Anybody object to going to Mexico or DR?

harrie(Maryann). Could we afford Hawaii?
Brenda & Donna - Any news?

I will continue to check into Miraval, but does not look promising.

harrie 08-25-2007 05:24 PM

Hawaii would be pricey.....no doubt about that.

Melinda 08-25-2007 07:43 PM

I am open to any and all suggestions. I did a cruise on Royal Carr. last Jan. and I must say I got a lot of bang for my buck. Left out of Galveston to Mexico (5 days.) With the shopping and the "extras" on board my bill was more than my fare! ANd they included airfare as well!. Of course I dont know what shape Mexico is in right now. There are a lot of all inclusives in Punta Cana and the DR. The only thing I ask is maybe we could find a resort that is not too child friendly. I hope that does not sound horrible, but on vacation I like to relax and not have babies wailing, and small children splashing poolside.
Melinda

Donna 08-26-2007 10:47 AM

No word Yet

HI Amazing Group,

No word yet from the amazing spa in San Francisco. You would think that a promise of 20+ people would get a response!

I am all for a cruise - I will cruise anywhere anytime!

I will keep you posted on more spas - I am so busy right now that I don't have the time to devote to this search that I wish I did.

Love to you all!

Donna

VaMoonRise 08-26-2007 04:33 PM

Cruise

I hate to be the first one to object to a cruise but I am not comfortable at all about the thought of going on one. I worry to much about the illnesses that can be caught, especially for some of us with low blood counts and the crime. Call me a woosie if you want but I can't help it, lol. I would much prefer a spa resort. If I turn out to be the only one in objection of a cruise I would want all of you to go anyway and enjoy.

Thanks ladies,
Nicola

sherri 08-28-2007 05:20 PM

I can't for Cruise like Nicola. I went once and after the first day I knew that would be the last. I took medication but I was sick the whole time, lost 12lbs in 7 days, it was good for WL!

StillHere 08-30-2007 02:51 PM

Miraval update- Mr. Sim called me and said that he would talk to his Vice-Pres and try to get us the best rates possible for Wed/Thurs/Fri, Jan 2/3/4. Jan and Feb are of course High Season, but he felt he could give deeper discounts on the dates listed above. He will email me quotes for both single and double occupancy by Wed. 9/5. He will also let me know how many rooms would be available for those dates. He knows we have approximately 20 women who are interested if we can afford the trip.

Mary Anne in TX 08-30-2007 03:35 PM

Thanks for working to make this happen for us! ma

Cheryl44 08-30-2007 07:43 PM

Yes, thank you for working on this. I hope that I can go if it all works out.

Cheryl

Melinda 08-30-2007 08:53 PM

Thank you for spearheading this. I too am anxious to hear what Miraval can do for us.... I look forward to a hot stone massage or even a yoga class.... and lets not forget the many toasts we can make, celebrating our get together. I look forward to meeting some sisters from this board!
Melinda

hutchibk 08-30-2007 10:51 PM

No news yet from here, but I will put out more feelers tomorrow....

I won't be available until after Jan 10... Oh well. Don't hold anything up because of me. And I don't know how I feel about a cruise. Hmmmm.