HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ~Kate~(tousled1) UPDATE For You All.... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32852)

Believe51 02-28-2008 07:01 PM

~Kate~(tousled1) UPDATE For You All....

I called and spoke with Kate just a minute ago. Maybe some have noticed that she has not been on the boards since 2/18 and that is partly due to her having computer problems. Before beginning this post I want you to know how great she sounds....after all..this is our Warrior Kate and I am so honored to be able to help her.

She has also been hospitalized for pneumonia and at 8 pm tonight she was scheduled for another breathing treatment.

Kate has found out that she has had some progression on her combo despite her most desperate desires for this cocktail to work. On Monday she will be beginning her new regime of Tykerb/Xeloda. Her voice was of the same strong-willed determined kind and her spirits were those that let you know she is going in fighting.

She does want you not to worry so let us make this our goals. Please know that she is ready for this combo and Monday cannot come too soon for her.

Again I want to say that I am so blessed to have such Angels in my life. Continue to keep praying for our 'lil tousled1 as I know y'all will (that one is for Kate & Bill)-hehe!!

Believe51

PS: I love this family!! You all are an amazing bunch of Angels!!

kcherub 02-28-2008 07:27 PM

I had been wondering about Kate, as she also lives in Georgia, and I always look to see her posts. I am glad that her spirits are good, and will be praying that she sees some improvement soon! This weather cannot be helping the breathing issues!!!

Take care,

sassy 02-28-2008 08:03 PM

Sending good thoughts, prayers and strength to Kate. Keep that strong spirit Kate. We love you.

Bill 02-28-2008 08:16 PM

I've been wondering, too, Marie, thanks for the update. My thoughts and prayers are being sent up for her. (Sassy, good to hear from you, too.) Being new to the site, if I don't hear from "my girls" every day, I worry. Love to y'all, Bill

StephN 02-28-2008 08:27 PM

Get better soon!

Thanks, Marie -
For staying on top of some of our missing. If you speak with Kate again soon, let her know that there are lots of prayers and hugs coming her way.

Very bummed out to learn she has to change treatments again. They got her on her feet a couple of months ago, so let's cheer on her medical team to do it again!

caya 02-28-2008 08:29 PM

Thanks Marie for the update on Kate.

Kate, I am praying hard for you that the new treatment will knock that cancer out on its butt.

all the best
caya

wennydog 02-28-2008 08:47 PM

Marie : Thankyou so much for the update about Kate. Please let her know that I am thinking about her and cheering her on. Those new drugs have been helpful for many people. Marie you are such a special person; thank you for your loving spirit. Tell ED hello.
Love Donna

Margerie 02-28-2008 09:00 PM

Tell Kate I hope that T/X TK's that darned cancer for good!

Be thinking of you Kate, hang in there!

nitewind 02-28-2008 09:01 PM

Marie, I want to thank you too, for letting us know. I know that you will tell Kate that we are all thinking of her and praying for her. She is a true fighter and what a great outlook! Wish I could just give her a big hug.

lexigirl 02-28-2008 09:17 PM

Hang in there Kate!! Prayers that the new tx will have you feeling stronger and breathing easier very soon.

Thank you Marie for keeping us informed on our dear Kate.

Hugs and Prayers,
Lexi

hermiracles 02-28-2008 10:20 PM

Oh yes I've been missing Kate too! You hang in there Sis and start feeling better soon. You are always in our thoughts and prayers.
Thanks Believe for letting us know.
Luvya Kate!
Blessings
Hermiracles

Catherine 02-28-2008 11:01 PM

Sending hugs and love to Kate, our tough girl.

Catherine

Karen W 02-28-2008 11:37 PM

Sending hugs and prayers to Kate.

Karen

Mary Jo 02-29-2008 05:32 AM

Thanks for the update. I, too, wondered about her. I pray that this new combo does what it should do for Kate.

Blessings to her.........

Mary Jo

Sheila 02-29-2008 06:11 AM

Kate
Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers...hoping that the next coctail will be easier on you and successful....you need a break....sending healing thoughts to you and thank you Marie for letting us know.

Patty F 02-29-2008 06:21 AM

Kate
You are in my prayers also. Get well soon.

Patb 02-29-2008 01:16 PM

Kate
Wishing you the best with the new treatment. You will be in
my prayers daily.
patb

Andrea Barnett Budin 02-29-2008 02:33 PM

Thank You Marie!!

http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/clip_art/pe...ips/hands-clipKate, my sweet Sister, you are in my thoughts every day. I just love your shining Spirit. You are one very special lady (w/more spunk then any three of us put together). So sorry that you are down but sometimes the hospital is the best place for us. Know they'll take extra good care of you and get you back up as soon as possible. May the new tx be THE one to gain the upper hand w/your nasty canser http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/clip_art/gs...dday/greenface. Sending prayers out for you to keep on being the remarkable person you are. We all need you, Kate. So please take extremely good care of yourself. God bless you! With much love always,
Andi

Believe51 02-29-2008 02:54 PM

Hey Friends

Kate is home from the hospital, still a bit fatigued but happy to be in her own place!! She will not have a computer until further notice so if you need to say something special I will contact her.

I will be calling her back tonight to read all these posts from you fine Warriors and she is anticipating that call. You are the best, I love this site and the very special family we have here.

Thank you all for being the people you are. I love you so much>>Believe51

Julie2 02-29-2008 04:48 PM

Kate,

You are in my thoughts. Get well soon.

Julie