HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   My Turn (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=25747)

Mary Jo 10-16-2006 07:07 PM

My Turn

My turn to report that herceptin is now finished. October 11th was my last treatment. I received my herceptin every 3 weeks. Started last October 2005 and finished this October 11, 2006. I only had one muga done at the 4 month mark. My onc. said that toxicity is usually evident in the first 4 months so unless I had symptoms she didn't do anymore. I'm thankful I haven't had any symptoms of heart trouble and feel pretty darn good. I haven't had just too many symptoms being on herceptin. A little diarrehea - left side/rib pain but that's about it. My onc. says "you are perfect" and I am rejoicing in that for now.

I pray it continues! Time will tell. For now - I'll take it one day at a time and just enjoy the ride.

God's Blessings to all,

Mary Jo

Liz J. 10-16-2006 07:23 PM

God Bless

Hi Marejo,

God Bless and congratulations.

Sincerely,

Liz J.

Bev 10-16-2006 07:53 PM

Way to go Marejo. Keep us updated about when the side effects go away. BB

tousled1 10-16-2006 11:15 PM

Congratulations Marejo! Please keep us posted.

rinaina 10-17-2006 09:17 AM

So happy for you Marejo and I hope you continue to feel as well if not better than you do now. Wow, what a milestone. I am about to complete radiation next week but still have a year of herceptin. Can't wait to join up with you at the end of my herceptin one year from this past September.

TriciaK 10-17-2006 09:41 AM

Congratulations, Marejo! It's kind of scary to leave the "protective nest" of herceptin, but it's been 11 months for me and I'm still NED. We just need to live our lives to the fullest, without fear, but just be vigilant. It gets easier as time goes on. This website will continue to be a blessing. I think we need to share all the success stories and keep each other in our thoughts and prayers. Hugs, Tricia

SusanV 10-17-2006 11:03 AM

Mary Jo,

Just wanted to say congratulations ! Celebrate and do something fun to mark this great occasion

Susan V

Vanessa 10-17-2006 11:08 AM

Congratulations and best wishes. You have passed a milestone. I am hoping and praying that everything is uphill for you now. Take care of yourself.

sabpri 10-18-2006 08:13 PM

I'm done too!!

I started last October as well and had my last Herceptin dose 2 weeks ago (Was suppose to get my last dose today but Onc let me free after the last dose 2 weeks ago!)

What is up with the rib pain on the left side?? I have the same thing and it seems to be getting worse. I just had a clean Pet scan and Tumor Markers normal, so I don't think it is any bone mets type thing. Has your Onc said anything about why the rib pain? Hoping it will go away since I am done.

Congrats to both of us!!

Natalie

Mary Jo 10-19-2006 04:28 AM

Hi Natalie,

My onc. makes nothing of the rib pain. She said there is nothing over on your left side and totally blows it off. I have heard of others having it also so is thinking it is a herceptin thing for some. My nurse said possibly there are receptors over their???? Who knows. All I know is I feel awesome and am glad to be finished.

One day at a time..............................with the help of God.

Congrats to you too Natalie.

Mary Jo

panicked911 10-19-2006 09:11 AM

Conrats - I am right behind you on Nov. 1 ..still hoping that some of thee funky symptoms will finally start abating....

Susanne

suzan w 10-19-2006 04:51 PM

Congrats Mary Jo!!! (I finished on Oct. 5th) Isn't it a great feeling??? I think somehow all of us who are finishing up should find a way to keep in touch! I have not noticed much different since stopping, but it has only been 2 weeks! I am impatient!

sassy 10-19-2006 05:28 PM

I have the left rib pain also. Sometimes worse than others. It has to be Herceptin.
________
Unique glass pipes