HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Out of the hospital (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38756)

vickie h 04-03-2009 06:33 PM

Out of the hospital

Hi dear sisters and Brothers,

I am out of the hospital (spent 6 days there in quarantine) after running a fever and discovering I had no neutriphils. I have been out of town every week and only coming home for chemo (my grandson, Travis, came in second in the California Cup and they are now going to Nationals in Florida in August for soccer) and posting very little as I have had no time. I went for my last chemo and they took me straight to the hospital, so I have missed all that is going on. My cat decided to jump up on the phone and erase all my phone messages while we were gone and now my computer is playing games with me (on and off the fritz). I am lying in bed thinking of you and praying all will be well. I am feeling better, except for some severe back pain, which has prompted my Onc to schedule a bone scan on Monday.

So...here i am, bottles adorning my bed stand with mixtures of pain relievers, tylenol, vicodin, lorazepam, assorted nausea pills (all making my
liver scream) and other sundry items. I will be returning calls (if I can figure out who called) in a few days and answering posts that need attention.

My husband was laid off last week to make things even more interesting. I feel that when one door shuts another opens so we will be entering through that door and embark on another path soon.

Just wanted to tell you all that I missed you and love you and will be back up to par by next week. You are the sunshine that warms this board...

Love, Vickie

sassy 04-03-2009 07:50 PM

Vickie,

I am sorry to hear of your plight. Hopefully things are turning around and better days are ahead. I will keep you and your husband in my thoughts and prayers.

ElaineM 04-03-2009 09:50 PM

Out of the hospital

I hope you will be feeling better very soon. Laying in bed with a bunch of pills is no fun !!

StephN 04-03-2009 10:01 PM

Dear Vickie -
I feel bad that you feel bad! Backaches can be debilitating, so hope it is just the bones trying to rebuild your blood.

Sometimes new treatments sneak up on us and throw us for a loop until we can get some needed R & R.

Super news that grandson's soccer team is top of the heap and still climbing. He has his grandmother's love and encouragement to keep his spit and fire competitive edge going.

We will see you when you can. Meantime maybe the cat did you a favor! Anything VERY important and you will have been called back.

WomanofSteel 04-04-2009 05:27 AM

Sorry you have been out of comission. Take an opportunity to rest up and we look forward to your return. Gotta love those kitties! They make life sooo interesting!

Mary Anne in TX 04-04-2009 05:38 AM

Hi Vicki!
You must be the proudest grandma ever! What a treat to have all those games stored up tight in your mind to pull up and watch and smile whenever you choose! You're one terrific grandma!
Is the chemo making you so sick? The cytoxin? I hate that you are so sick and missing the games and having to deal with the yuckies. You finished the cycle?
Maybe your kitty thought you needed a "get better" break! I'm prayin' that you are on the mend pronto and back to your happy grandma job again!
Much love and many prayers,
ma

mmoons 04-04-2009 10:13 AM

Praying for you!

Vickie-

You are REMARKABLE!!! I am going to call you "the unsinkable Vickie". You have had a crazy couple days but your spirit is light and happy. Please know that I am saying extra prayers for you and your hubby. Please let us know how Monday goes.

Thinking of you all the time!

Maureen

Laurel 04-04-2009 05:55 PM

So very sorry to hear you are not up to par, Vickie. I just stinks to be laid low by the stuff that is given to cure us! I will pray your counts continue to stay up, that your strength returns, and especially that that back pain was from those horrible mattresses they put you on in the hospital!

vickie h 04-04-2009 10:13 PM

Thank you all for such kind thoughts and empathy. I'm feeling a bit better today, but still extremely fatigued. Your wishes and strength will carry me through, as they always do. I love you mucho, Vickie

jones7676 04-05-2009 01:31 AM

I am sooo busy catching up on how everyone is doing. I'm just hoping you continue to recover and get well.

Joan M 04-05-2009 04:33 AM

Vicky,

Good to hear that you're out of the hospital and praying that you'll be feeling better soon.

Congratulations to your grandson!

And, yes, cats do those kinds of things ...

Joan

chrisy 04-05-2009 05:44 PM

vickie,
sorry you got socked so hard - but very glad you're back at home, a hospital is no place to get well.

Shobha 04-06-2009 09:43 AM

Dear Vickie!

So happy to hear you are out of the hospital! Praying for your speedy recovery and healing. Also praying for you hubby!

Get well soon!

love,
shobha

tricia keegan 04-06-2009 04:21 PM

Vicky, glad you're home and hope you enjoy your cats antics at cheering you!
Good wishes to you and hubby as you face this..

Sheila 04-07-2009 11:55 AM

Vickie
Glad to know you are on the road to recovery...you and your hubby are both in my prayers....please take care of yourself!

bcindc 04-07-2009 02:53 PM

Glad you are out of the hospital and gaining your strength back.

Jackie07 04-07-2009 08:15 PM

Vickie,

Glad you are feeling better. I missed your posting because of my surgical procedure March 31. I am recovering well and hope you continue to feel better.

Believe51 04-14-2009 06:04 PM

Vickie, I am happy to hear you are getting better after having to be hospitalized. I was following this post while I was gone.....did you feel like someone was looking over you?? That was me! Anyway, I am glad you are home getting well and I did not have to straighten you out. (wink) Sending healing vibes, a smile and a big, I missed you too girl!!>>Believe51

flynny 04-14-2009 06:32 PM

Vicki, I'm so glad that you are out of the hospital and now recovering at home. There is nothing like being home in your comfy pj's and resting on the couch. How proud you must be of your grandson. I hope they win in August!

Carpe Diem!

vickie h 04-15-2009 01:02 PM

Marie and Flynny! So happy to hear from you. Have missed you both so much. Marie, I haven't been posting that much so I am thrilled you are back and yes, I did feel that you were watching over me. Love you both mucho! Thank you for your love and support. Hugs, Vickie