HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Wanted to share (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54869)

Emelie B 06-25-2012 11:49 AM

Wanted to share

Hello to all you lovely ladies and gentlemen,
I just wanted to let you know that I am now in the Denver Hospice care program and have a wonderful team of support people. I love, love my nurse Peg. She comes by my house once a week and she was truly meant to be a hospice nurese. Such caring and compassion. She makes my day. I am on oxygen most of the time now and anything she thinks I need is delivered to my door. It makes it so much easier on my family. I am allowed to drive just short trips. So no more Walgreens where they know my car now when I pull into drive-up! I also use a liquid morophine when I need a boost in-between the long acting pill form I take once every twelve hours. When I need the liquid for quick relief (usually in 10-15 minutes) I put the 2.5-3 ml on a sugar cube because it tastes absolutely terrible, and I add the magic ingredient-2-3 drops of Grand Marnier. Just like that "spoon full of sugar".
So, as my time goes by I am now putting the last pieces into place and I wanted to share what I read every night with you. It gives me great comfort and I hope it helps anyone who needs to feel "carried too".
Best regards to all,
Emelie

Footprints
One night I dreamed I was walking
Along the beach with the Lord,
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints.
Other times there was only one.
This bothered me because I noticed
During the low periods of my life when I was
Suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.
So I said to the Lord, “You promised me,
Lord, that if I followed you,
You would walk with me always.
But I noticed during the most trying periods
Of my life there has only been
One set of prints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most,
Have you not been there for me?
The Lord replied,
“The times when you have seen only one set of footprints
It was then that I carried you.”

chrisy 06-25-2012 11:54 AM

Re: Wanted to share

Emelie,
I've been thinking of you and am glad to see your post. Who would think of Grand Marnier...

Footprints is one of my favorites as well. We all need to feel, and be reminded that we are, carried.

Much love,
Chris

Shobha 06-25-2012 11:59 AM

I have been thinking of you too, Emelie. Your never fail to amaze me. Taking control of your life in this unique manner is very courageous - God bless you!

Hugs,
shobha

7andcounting 06-25-2012 12:45 PM

Emelie,

So glad your experience with palliative care and with hospice has been so positive. That is a blessing! Thank you for sharing the encouraging message with us, that reminds us that we are not alone, even when it can sure feel like it. It is a comfort to know we don't walk through these difficult times by ourselves. Hugs to you.

Ellie F 06-25-2012 01:48 PM

Emelie
I read your post with tears in my eyes,I just couldn't stop them.I carry a small card with this same verse on in my purse everyday as it was given to me by my mum shortly before she unexpectedly passed away. To this day I believe she wanted me to find comfort knowing we are never truly alone.
Love Ellie

KristinSchwick 06-25-2012 04:22 PM

Oh Emelie,
Thank you for sharing your life, wisdom and advice with so many of us. I love footprints too- I will be thinking of you when I look at it on my wall tonight.
Stay strong. God bless,

Laurel 06-25-2012 06:19 PM

Well, brave Emelie, what can I say? You've got tears in my eyes too! Thank you for sharing your "journey" with us. I'll sign off with a "so long and bon voyage!" I've always liked Grand Marnier over vanilla ice cream. Next time I have it I will think of you. Peace.

KDR 06-25-2012 06:26 PM

Dear Emelie,
Thank you dearly for sharing your journey with us. I, too, had tears in my eyes reading your post. The peace you feel shines through--I am so happy for that.
Love
Karen

jml 06-25-2012 06:34 PM

Oh Emilie~
Footprints is one of my favorites too. My dad kept a copy of it
in his wallet and when he passed a couple of months ago, I took it and carry it in my own wallet now. I treasure it.
It takes much courage to lay down the gloves and to ask to Lord to carry us.
I honor you Emilie and your journey.
We're all here to share each step that you will share with us~

Jessica

Jackie07 06-25-2012 06:50 PM

Emelie,

There are many, many more footprints around you on the beach... The sea washes them away quickly, but your footprints, as well as those of many others, will stay etched on our hearts.

LoisLane 06-25-2012 07:49 PM

Dear Emelie Have also been thinking of you. What a gracious lady you are. So caring to take the time to fill us in on this journey. I really liked your "spoonful of sugar" comparison. You are teaching us so much about a dignified letting go. God bless you xo

ElaineM 06-26-2012 10:42 AM

Thank you for the update and the lovely Footprints poem. The poem is one of my favorites.
I am glad you are getting good care.
Peace, comfort and love to you.

suzan w 06-26-2012 11:01 AM

Emelie, thank you for sharing one of my favorite passages and reminding me, once again, of the importance of the message. Your serenity at this time is an inspiration to us all. Peace and love to you and your family. xo Suzan

Delaney 06-26-2012 08:10 PM

Emelie, I hope I am as brave when the time comes. Peace and love. xx

Pray 06-26-2012 08:58 PM

Emelie, I'm also amazed with you! (Still thinking of others!) Thank you so much for your post. You are a remarkable Blessing to all of us! I'm so glad you have Hospice to help you along your journey. Gods blessings to you and your family. you are all in my prayers.

Ceesun 06-26-2012 10:11 PM

I am in absolute awe of you and admire your courage and dignity. You are a lady full of grace. May God bless and sustain you and all those you love. Ceesun aka Cathy

Mary Anne in TX 06-27-2012 08:57 AM

Emelie, I waked very early this morning thinking of you. I have both of my granddaughters for a few days and one of them is an Emily. I am so sad about your circumstances and so grateful that you have chosen to share your decisions and courage with us. I have felt empowered by your choices and your peace. It's only been since BC and being older that I feel the burden and blessings of the people I have chosen to put into my life. Your willingness to share your journey has been one more confirmation just how very important our "people environment" really is. Thank you for being one of my blessings in life. ma

Vicki revised 06-27-2012 01:08 PM

Emelie:
I also receive comfort and strength from Footprints. May God continue to hold you in his embrace as you prepare to enter His kingdom where there is no pain or worries. You are an example of courage for all.

tricia keegan 06-27-2012 03:11 PM

Emelie I was touched by your post and my prayers and thoughts go with you! xx

rhondalea 06-27-2012 07:26 PM

Thinking of you, Emelie.

Rhonda