HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Our Dear Friend Kate Got Her Wings (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33849)

Kavy 05-04-2008 11:55 PM

Our Dear Friend Kate Got Her Wings

Sisters and Brothers,

It is with a broken heart and great sadness that I bring the dreaded news that our dear Kate, Kathleen McCarthy, went home to be with the Lord today, at 3:30 pm, sorrounded by her loved ones.
Our friend is now at peace. She is no longer in pain, no longer sick, no more suffering. She is strong and health again surrounded by beautiful angels, and by her family who went before her, specially her beloved son.
Kate courageously fought her battle until the very end. She faced this horrible disease with dignity and incredible strengh and positivity. She was an amazing person who touched me and so many others with her kindness and her support, and her posts were an inspiration for all of us.
Kate was a wonderful friend who I feel honored to have met her here on this site, and who always had encouraging and positive words when I needed most. I feel so blessed that I had the chance to get to know her better and to see what an amazing person she was. I also feel blessed that I was able to be "by her side" (phone calls) until almost the very end giving her the support that she gave to so many of us throughout these years.
I would like to thank each and every one of you on behalf of Kate's family and on my behalf for your prayers, support and kind words to our friend. Know that Kate treasured all of you and this site, and that she felt honored to be part of this family and to know that all of you were praying for her.
My heart is crying for my dear friend. I will never forget her. I know I will miss her a lot, I already am, but it comforts me to know that she is loved by all of us and that she will live forever in the heart of her family and each one of us.
God bless you all.
KarlaV.

Unregistered 05-05-2008 12:03 AM

So Sad:(

Oh karla this is so sad, I know Kate was battling for her life but still got such a shock on seeing your post just now. I'm so sorry to hear this, you also have been such a wonderful friend to Kate and a great support during her recent fight. Kate and I had been exchanging pm's up to recently on where she stayed in her time in Ireland and how much she enjoyed it.
She was a true lady and we'll all miss her so here. As I leave to attend Carols funeral I take comfort only in knowing they are both out of pain and at peace from this disease at last.
God bless them both and help their family and friends through this sadness in accepting their loss.
Thank you Karla, bringing this awful news to us especially this week was not an enviable task.

((((hugs))))

tricia keegan 05-05-2008 12:07 AM

oops!

Sorry forgot to log in, that message above was me Tricia Keegan..

hermiracles 05-05-2008 01:22 AM

Feel so sad. Love you Kate.
Hermiracles.

michka 05-05-2008 03:49 AM

I am crying. It is so unfair. Why take away from us the nicest and most courageous person? Thank you Karla for finding all the right words about Kate. I will never forget her.
Michka

Mary Jo 05-05-2008 04:11 AM

Thank you Karla for sending us this message about our Kate. Yes, she was a beautiful person and I feel blessed in having gotten to know her.

My sincere condolences to you and her family. Although we know her suffering has ended and she now has health and peace in Heaven, our hearts are heavy with saddness in knowing we will not "see" her here again.

God Bless you dear Karla and may you all be held close by God and given His comfort and peace.

Love,

Mary Jo

belle 05-05-2008 04:28 AM

I found her very special, too. She will be missed very much here...

dhealey 05-05-2008 04:32 AM

overwelmed by sadness

I am overwelmed by sadness over Kate's passing. She was such an inspiration to me. Another angel looking down on us. Kavy my you find comfort in that she is now cancer free. May you find comfort and peace in the following days as you greive the loss of your dear friend. She will be greatly missed hear on the board.

kcherub 05-05-2008 05:28 AM

No.....

Peaceful, but sad.

kareneg 05-05-2008 05:32 AM

This is so heart breaking. I pray for Kate and her family that they are finally at peace. My deepest sympothy goes out to her family and everyone here we have suffered a great loss. All my love dear Kate all my love.

Sheila 05-05-2008 05:40 AM

This is not the news I wanted to read this morning. We are blessed in ever having known Kate....she was truly a very special person, always putting herself last. My deepest sympathy to her family. Our dear Kate is an angel now...I will miss you Kate, my friend.
In sadness

DonnaD 05-05-2008 05:40 AM

My heart is breaking. Kate fought like a warrior until the very end. She is to be remember for her courage. It has been an honor to know Kate from this site. Thank you Christine and Joe for bringing us into this family where we can meet sisters like Kate. I am at a loss for words.

Her family, Kavy and all her friends will be in my prayers. Let us continue to pray for a cure for this unfair disease.
Donna

Joe 05-05-2008 05:58 AM

We are deeply saddened by the loss of Kate and send our most sincerest condolences to her family.

Joe

Gerri 05-05-2008 06:08 AM

God Bless you Kate and make you whole again. You will be missed.

Much love,

kcherub 05-05-2008 06:19 AM

All day yesterday, I would have moments of being inbetween laundry, cleaning, etc. and would think, "I am thinking of/hoping for/praying for Kate." It was simple, but it kept her on my mind all day. I kept checking the board, and was panicked when it was down--I needed to hear how Kate was.

When I first came here, she was one of the first people to write to me. I will never forget her mile-wide grin and ever-optimistic spirit. I will never forget that new photo of her (sans hair), but still with that grin.

With a heavy heart,

Hopeful 05-05-2008 06:32 AM

My heart is very heavy from this sad news. My condolences to Kate's family and friends. They are in my thoughts.

Hopeful

lilyecuadorian 05-05-2008 07:12 AM

this is so broken heart news , I felt so impotence about this ..hopeless ..my prayers go with Kate who is in Heaven ...reading our post under God name and with angels on another vibration another level ...wachting her family and her friends like our group ...Please Dear Kate the Great help us wherever you are in heaven give us a hand on this ...you know how is ...knowing your genorosity I know that you will !!!!and I always remember you ......peace for your family ...and my condolence with the love one's family and friends ..

mts 05-05-2008 07:20 AM

The loss of Kate feels very personal to me... I hope she knew how much she was loved !

Maria

basset girl 05-05-2008 07:23 AM

I am so sad to hear of Kate's passing. She was such a strength and inspiration to all of us. I know now she is at peace in heaven. I hate this disease so much!! May God give Kate's family peace and comfort during this time.

mimiflower07 05-05-2008 07:34 AM

she is now free...free to continue to support and love us from above. May her family find comfort as they find their way.
suzanne