HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   What's on your bucket list? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54972)

valleygirl 06-30-2012 07:45 PM

What's on your bucket list?

Whats on your bucket list? I would love to go on safari, but my husband won't fly. Thinking about going on my own. I have traveled all around the Caribbean with my daughter, but she's getting married soon and will be starting her new life, but I do plan to drag her and her new husband on a cruise for her birthday.
I love reading all your posts, I find so much inspiration and comfort here.

Debbie L. 07-01-2012 05:41 AM

Re: What's on your bucket list?

Hi VG,
I don't see any responses to your question, so I'll give it a try. I don't have a bucket list. The whole concept of it just hasn't made sense to me, or for me. I try, with widely varying degrees of success (smile), to put each moment into a bucket-list kind of frame (awareness, appreciation, gratitude).
Debbie Laxague

karen z 07-01-2012 06:37 AM

I want to go to Italy (particularly a little town in Bari) and visit relatives I have there. I want to feel o.k. (peaceful) when my daughter goes to college in a little over a year. I want to feel more content and connected- not so lonely.

valleygirl 07-01-2012 11:25 AM

Hi Karen z, Please feel free to find me on facebook. We could all use more friends and should never feel alone
valleygirl=Denise Valley

carlatte7 07-01-2012 06:58 PM

This is not exactly a bucket list...but I want to go to Montalcino, Italy. Also Hawaii with my DH. Oregon...Mt. st. helens...California Coast...heck, i dont have time to be sick, I've got some traveling to do!

Dx Apr5, stage 2b. Er/pr-, HER2+++, 1-3 nodes+, started chemo- Herceptin, Taxote, Carboplatin on May1, by May 5 i could no longer feel my 3cm mass. June 11 my oncologist declared that i have had a complete response to chemo. Lumpectomy, node dissection, radiation coming up shortly.

Laurel 07-02-2012 06:39 PM

Well, I want to build this cabin that overlooks a million dollar view of the rolling mountains of Pennsylvania. I have it all designed in my mind. Just have to make some more shekels and retire!

karen z 07-02-2012 07:37 PM

Thanks Denise- very nice of you.
Laurel- that cabin sounds perfect !

Firework 07-02-2012 07:59 PM

I want to do everything possible and probable. Until it's my time to go, at which point I've decided to pass away outside. That sounds beautiful to me!
I've been a Flight attendant for 25 years as well as a Military Spouse therefore, we've seen our share of the world outside the U S A, now we look forward to seeing Mount Rushnore, the biggest ball of yarn....important stuff!!!
Celebrate Life your way, Lorraine

Jeanette 07-02-2012 08:15 PM

I want to go back to Scotland to see my family, then take the chunnel and go to France, Switzerland, Spain and Italy. I would love to see the Vatican. I keep telling my son there are too many places to go and see, so I guess heaven will have to wait.

imdavidson 07-02-2012 08:46 PM

Laurel, let me know if you'll be taking boarders! (-: That sounds amazing!

StephN 07-02-2012 09:37 PM

My "list" mainly involved seeing my family grow and evolve. I have managed to stay here (under the thumb of a stage IV category of BC) WAY past my prognosis, have travelled all over the world AND seen my family continue to grow and become the beautiful people I was hoping they would be.

Now, I am helping my mother a lot in her old age. I am SO blessed, it is beyond words. I have outdone a terrible diagnosis and lived far more "life" than I ever imagined so many years ago.

Every day is a day that means I can do as I choose and love helping others.

Jackie07 07-03-2012 05:48 AM

Debbie L,

Wondered if you'd studied Chinese philosophy. One of the famous quotes is 'One is strong when without desires'. Students/adults often jokingly repeat the phrase when asked why they're not taking certain action to enjoy life more...

:)

Laurel 07-03-2012 05:57 AM

Idelle,

IF I ever build that cabin it will have an open door policy to all Her2Support Sisters (and the rare "birds" like 'Bird)!

Rolepaul 07-03-2012 01:24 PM

Nina, myself Nina's mother, Nina's step father, our son and his girlfriend are going to Yellowstone at the end of the month. The plan is to cruise the Danube for eight days next July. We want to stop in Malta to see Carol and Mario who are also on this board and getting great care. It is easier to make plans now than six months ago. We were lucky to have a good plan and good doctors.