HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   my sister passed away (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=22645)

Unregistered 02-07-2006 12:00 PM

my sister passed away

My sister, Carole, passed away on January 29th.
She had a huge network of friends and supporters throughout her brief 2 and half year battle with breast cancer.
She will be terribly missed by her devoted husband, three brave and special children, my parents and siblings.
We tried our best to always encourage and support her and most importantly, provide her with hope. Despite our efforts and her continued optimism, she could not survive this disease.
We are comforted in our knowledge that she is in a better place right now.
Thank you, Christine and Joe, for providing this support group. Through the abundance of information posted on this site, we were able to prolong her life, which allowed her the opportunity to travel and, ultimately, spend mores time with family and friends.
The Lapitinib drug for brain mets showed that it was, in fact, working for her. But, because her liver was slowly giving up, she could no longer continue the drug…I hope this provides some hope for those interested in this drug.
Thank you to all of you who continually offered encouragement. Although it will be too painful to visit this site, I will check in on occasion to see how everyone is doing.

Fondly,
Celina

Zeyl, Carole

ZEYL, Carole Sunday, January 29, 2006 Carole Berube, age 44. Loving wife of Don Zeyl. Dedicated and loving mom of Byron, Nadine and Jory. Cherished daughter of Jacqueline Bourgon and Normand Berube. Dear sister of Murielle McKinley, Celina Masoud and Richard Berube. Cremation. Friends may pay respect at the Kelly Funeral Home, 580 Eagleson Road, Kanata Thursday from 5 to 9 p.m. In Memoriam

Montana 02-07-2006 12:28 PM

Celina,

I'm very sorry to hear about your sister.

Sue

Julie2 02-07-2006 12:43 PM

Celina,

I am very sorry to hear the news about your sister.

-Julie

Unregistered 02-07-2006 01:20 PM

Celina,

You've been a wonderful sister for Carole and did everything you could to help her find her way through this terrible disease. God bless all of you.

StephN 02-07-2006 01:44 PM

Carole has good company

Dear Celina -
YOU get the "Best Sister of the Year" award. So many of us here have been following your posts throughout the saga of Carole's disease. We cried with you and shared your joy in the successful times.
Carole has lots of BC angels with her - I lost a friend on Feb. 1, also to a prolonged battle with BC, and I am sure they will find each other.

Your information about the Lapatinib trial will be of interest to many of us.
Thanks so much.

AlaskaAngel 02-07-2006 02:44 PM

Celina,

Thank you for sharing Celina here with us, and for letting us know. I hope you get through this difficult time with her spirit by your side.

AlaskaAngel

Barbara H. 02-07-2006 03:18 PM

My condolences to you and your family. You were and are a terrific sister.
Barbara H.

karenann 02-07-2006 03:43 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Sheila 02-07-2006 06:04 PM

Celina

My deepest sympathy in the loss of your sister....thank you for sharing with all of us the struggles and good times you have both been through on this journey...you gave to your sister and to all of us in sharing with us.;Hugs and Love in this time of sadness

eric 02-07-2006 06:06 PM

I'm so sorry to hear of your sister's passing. My thoughts are with you and your family through this difficult time. Eric

Lyn 02-07-2006 06:14 PM

Thank you for taking this time to be thinking of us when you must be feeling deeply lost. Words won't bring her back, but she will never be forgotten while she has a wonderful sister like you.

Love & Hugs Lyn

al from Canada 02-08-2006 01:41 PM

Celina,

My heart goes out to you and Carole's family. This sort of thing shouldn't have to happen to anyone and the time is sure past-due when we needed a cure.

Sincerely,
Al and Linda

Cathya 02-08-2006 06:35 PM

I am so sorry to hear of Carole's passing. We are blessed to have known your sister and her journey. My prayers for her children, husband and family. Please do return here as we are now part of an extended family....always there and always caring.

Cathy

Tami 02-08-2006 06:55 PM

Celina - I am sorry to hear of Carole's passing. You and her family are in my prayers. Thank you for taking the time to post.

with love
Tami

mamacze 02-08-2006 07:37 PM

Dear Celina,

Another angel has earned her wings...God be with her, with you as you embrace the gifts of her memories; and her children who will grow up with as much of an anchor as she could possibly give before she passed. How fortunate she was to have you.
Love Kim (from CT)

Lolly 02-08-2006 09:48 PM

Dear Celina,

Please accept my sincere condolences on the passing of your sister Carole. I will keep you and your family in my thouhgts and prayers, and will always consider you one of our "sisters", so know that you will always be welcome here. You were beyond wonderful in your search for help for Carole. Love and Hugs to you and the family, Lolly

sherri 02-08-2006 10:57 PM

Dear Celina,

I have a sister that has been very supportive and always here for me and you should know how Carole appriciated you being there for her. We all die one day it does not matter how many years we live, but how much love we can feel in our lifetime. I'm sure she is watching you and her family, I know you all miss her but she is and will be always with you and in your hearts.
Love and hugs,
Sherri

kristen 02-09-2006 04:59 AM

Dear Celina,

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your sister Carole. You are the best sister I know of and her children are lucky to have an Aunt like you to help them through this time as well. Take care of yourself, I know it will be painful to come back here, but know that you are a part of this family and check in every once in a while and let us know how you are doing. Again my condolences to you and all of Carole's family.

Joe 02-09-2006 06:04 AM

Celina,

Our deepest symphathies to both you and Carole's family. Chistine lost her Mom to bc in 1990 and realize what this loss means to all of you.

Hugs
Joe and Christine

lu ann 02-09-2006 06:35 AM

Dear Celina, You are such a devoted friend and sister. Please accept my deepest sympathy for your loss. God Bless You and Your Family. Lu Ann.