HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Lump in neck and ultrasound (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57544)

JennyB 03-12-2013 06:13 AM

Lump in neck and ultrasound

Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to share that I am off for an ultrasound and maybe biopsy tomorrow on a lump that has been present for about 8 months in neck. It will be the second u/s on lump the first was done in a 'small town' hospital 8 months ago and the onc in the 'big smoke' just wants to double check so am not really expecting anything huge - but - you know its a lump and all that!!

I am due to fly home to the UK in 2 weeks time, I have been trying to get home for 2 years now since diagnosis and Eddie was born - fingers crossed that nothing tomorrow will interfere with my much rehatched plans to see my Mum... Am nervous but trying to be brave.

Cheers

Jenny x

ammebarb 03-12-2013 09:05 AM

Re: Lump in neck and ultrasound

Hello Jenny. Hope you appointment today brings only good news. It's probably good to be careful and have it checked out. Then, you can make your trip to the UK with some reassurance. Fingers crossed.
Barb A.

Ellie F 03-12-2013 10:42 AM

Hi Jenny
I also hope your appt only brings reassurance and that its just a knotty lymph node. Hope you have a good trip to England. It's a bit cold here at the moment but spring is on its way.
Hugs
Ellie

'lizbeth 03-12-2013 04:02 PM

Good Luck Jenny B. I hope you get awesome news that it is benign. Keep us posted.

dawny 03-12-2013 06:13 PM

Good luck Jenny, hope it is all good, and you get to go and your family
Dawn xx

Mandamoo 03-12-2013 07:35 PM

Good luck Jenny - I hope they get you an answer to take away the worry. Xx

JennyB 03-13-2013 03:02 AM

So I didn't get away quite as easily as I had hoped they did a fine needle aspiration (biopsy) I was so sure that they would lok at the ultra sound and say no further action required!
I am now a little sad but trying to 'not borrow trouble!' - its hard!
I am now back up in Port Hedland with my husband and kids and trying hard to be upbeat and positive - hoefully I will get the results tomorrow arvo or Friday.
I hate how fragile life seems and how easy it is to have the carpet pulled out......
Fingers crossed
Jen x

Ellie F 03-13-2013 05:45 AM

Hang on in there Jenny. I hate this disease and how one minute you can feel optimistic then in a brief moment it's all up in the air again.
Please let us know, we are with you in spirit!

Ellie

NEDenise 03-13-2013 05:52 AM

Jenny!
I feel like I stand on that same carpet...waiting for it to be ripped out from under me...several times every month! So unfair! So frustrating! But almost always...the carpet stays put.

So... like you so wisely pointed out...let's not borrow trouble. Much better to check things out and be sure you're fine before heading off to the UK...so you can truly enjoy your visit with your beautiful Mum! And, let's be clear...even if the news from your biopsy is not stellar...it's not the end of the world...just a new turn in this messy journey. What's one lumpy lymph node in the grand scheme of things!? I had 14 of them two years ago...and I'm still going strong.

A trip to visit your Mum seems like a dream come true to me. I just know it's going to go off without a hitch. You deserve it! You need it. And...my gut tells me you'll be collecting Mum-hugs in not time at all!

Hug your beautiful family...take a deep breath...and feel the prayers and love of your HER2 friends glowing all around you. Looking forward to your next update!
Denise

Ellie F 03-14-2013 12:45 PM

Hi Jenny
Just wondered if there was any news?
Been thinking of you
Ellie

caya 03-14-2013 01:26 PM

Yes Jenny, any news? Sending good vibes from Canada.

all the best
caya

JennyB 03-14-2013 03:51 PM

No news yet - I got the impression that the Oncologists were very busy.......he said initialy that he would get me back in a month to talk about the results!! I said that wouldn't really do and could he maybe phone me - I will call today and try to get some answers the waiting as you al know is horrendous!
Thank you for checking in on me xx

Mandamoo 03-14-2013 05:43 PM

Jenny - you drive that bus honey - get on the phone an ask for the results. If you call now it gives them a chance to call back before the weekend. Sending you love and I'm sure it will be ok. A xxx

JennyB 03-15-2013 03:26 AM

Amanda I phoned and the onc called back this arvo after wards - all clear just normal lymph node cells found by pathology - I am very releived but........I am very angry with this stupid disease. I was seriously only just starting to get my mind around things life etc and am reminded how tenous it can all be. It seems whenever I am bold enough to make a plan - like go home to UK something happens....
Anyway enough rant - I do feel very blessed tonight and have been showering my littlies with affection all afternoon - thank you to all who read this and care you guys rock my world every day with your love and c ompassion for all who come here xx

Paula O 03-15-2013 03:37 AM

Happy, happy news...I'm so glad for you.

Jenny, you are going to have sooooooooo much fun on your UK trip home!

Paula

NEDenise 03-15-2013 04:36 AM

YAY!!!

So happy for you!!
When's the trip?
Denise

Ellie F 03-15-2013 05:13 AM

Such brilliant news. I am so happy for you and now you can have your trip to England!
Ellie

ammebarb 03-15-2013 07:01 AM

Jenny, that is absolutely wonderful news! Enjoy the relief, shower those beautiful babies with love and have a wonderful trip to the UK!

Barb A.

'lizbeth 03-15-2013 07:57 AM

Wonderful news. Have an amazing time in England. WooHoo!

Kellennea 03-15-2013 09:10 AM

Double yay!!