HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   So Sick of Anxiety (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58337)

Redwolf8812 06-12-2013 04:11 PM

So Sick of Anxiety

So I've made a decision to stop feeling anxious and put it in God's Hands.

My recent bloodwork shows liver still functioning as it should. Thank You, Lord! I've made a decision that I can only have positive attitudes. Fear is of the devil. So, as far as the scan I have coming up on the 25th, I am looking forward to hearing great news on the results! Praise God!

As my friend said, I've got the "little liver that could". LOL.

- Penny

NEDenise 06-12-2013 05:02 PM

Re: So Sick of Anxiety

Amen, Sister!
Only positive energy coming your way!
:) Denise

JennyB 06-12-2013 05:04 PM

Positive Penny I'm with you x

Bunty 06-12-2013 06:53 PM

More positive energy to you Penny! As most of us know here, anxiety is one of the worst parts of 'all this', but it is something that we definitely can have some control over! Faith certainly helps us get that control.
Best wishes, Marie

StephN 06-12-2013 07:27 PM

Hi Penny -
Very glad you have screwed up your courage on this and are making that attitude adjustment.

As our recently departed dear TriciaK used to say, " hope and fear cannot exist in the same space." So if you are filled with HOPE, that is what you are.

All the best on that scan. Just keep breathing - slowly and deliberately.

KsGal 06-12-2013 11:42 PM

I like that...the little liver that could. lol. Anxiety sure does not help us any, and it sure is hard to live in the moment sometimes and not worry about the future. Im glad that you are giving up those worried to God, and keeping the faith. Just keep on keeping on, one baby step at a time. Big hugs to you...and lots of prayers and positive energy headed your way.

NEDenise 06-13-2013 05:42 AM

Hi all!
Andi BB just started this thread all about the power of positive energy!

http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58328

You ladies may want to add your voices to the positive energy chorus!!

:) Denise

Jackie07 06-13-2013 06:08 PM

Penny,

I'll be praying for your getting a good scan result on the 25th.

BonnieR 06-13-2013 09:04 PM

And you know what? A little anti-anxiety med wouldn't hurt either! Ativan was my friend during times of stress. I only wish I had started it sooner
Keep the faith

MJo 07-04-2013 02:45 PM

I agree with Bonnie.
Please don't automatically reject medication
Overcoming anxiety shouldn't be a challenge.
I have Xanax. I don't use it often.
But there are times that anxiety is strong.
I refuse to suffer. I wipe out that anxiety sucker immediately with a dose of meds.

karen z 07-04-2013 06:29 PM

I also feel that an anti-anxiety med, when needed, can do wonders. If you mostly used when you just might not be able to shake it.............there will not be any harm and you will feel much better.

Kkmom 07-04-2013 08:21 PM

Penny,
I will be praying for you and positive results on the 25th. Give it to God - he will lead you - all you have to do is follow. Give the worrying up - and replace it with hope.

Pamelamary 07-04-2013 10:51 PM

Penny, that your liver is functioning well should help boost the positive vibes.
Sending more from Oz..... Pam

NEDenise 07-05-2013 08:25 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Pam,
You've been holding out on us!
You are brilliant!

I always wondered which part of our bodies captured and filtered positive vibes!
Now I know... the liver!!!

Now, just for clarity...
are the vibes drawn to where they're needed...
or do all vibes enter through the liver and are then sent around the body as needed.
This could have important treatment benefits!

I'm thinking...
I'd be willing to fashion a collender helmet, like Rick Moranis wore in Ghostbusters... (see photo)
and wear it 24/7 if it would focus the good vibes to my brain...
where I need them!
Hell... I'm going to get going on the helmet just in case...
what could it hurt?!
Besides curing my brain goo...
I bet people would let me go ahead of them at checkouts when I wear my cool helmet!

I think you liver met-sters should look into something the size and dimensions of a WWE wrestling championship belt.
Those babies are HUGE so they'd definitely capture and focus those vibes right where you want them! (see photo)
I bet there are lots of those belts available on eBay!
Plus... they can do double duty as Spanx girdles!

Hmmm...
lung met-sters...
we didn't forget about you!
A chain mail shirt would work, but they're so heavy and lumpy under clothing (listen to me! Like I've actually ever worn chain mail!)
Something a little less noticeable - like the WWE belt and my cool helmet - hmmm :)
Okay, screw un-noticeable!
Bald wasn't un-noticeable either!
Okay...so chain mail might be hard to come by...
but aluminum foil is cheap, recyclable, and readily available.
And as someone who got a hair-raising shock while doing a 4th grade science demonstration...
I can assure you that aluminum conducts electricity quite nicely...
why not positive vibes!?
!

Not to neglect our bone-metsters or our friends afflicted with lymph node, chest wall, and spinal mets...
depending on where the vibes need to be focused...
I think an old-fashioned poultice, made of aluminum foil...
and applied to the area might be just the thing we're looking for.

Pam! Again, thanks for bringing up the need to focus the vibes. I'll let you know how the helmet works after my next scan.

If anyone tries one of the "focus techniques", let us know how it goes!
Never let it be said that the HER2 support board isn't open to advances in science!!
or humor!!

Love you guys!
Denise

Cat 07-05-2013 08:35 AM

Denise,
I am enjoying a great laugh for the morning! You have set up a visual of all these women around the country suddenly donned in metal, aluminum foil helmuts etc. etc. and I'm getting a great chuckle.
You really need to write a book or movie!!!!
Thanks for the giggle,
Cathy

Redwolf8812 07-06-2013 09:55 AM

Denise, you make me laugh. Thank God for you. LOL.

- Penny

ammebarb 07-06-2013 10:06 AM

I'm picturing Dr. Sato, as he tries to palpate my liver through that WWE belt! It's my laugh for the day, and will probably enter my mind each time a doc palpates my liver! It will make them wonder why I'm giggling as they are pushing on my middle :-)

Denise, you are a special gem for all of us! Thank God for you and your humor.

Hugs,
Barb

conomyself 07-06-2013 03:28 PM

Penny, congratulations on your good blood work. I'm really glad you are able to do this.

I resolved not to get anxious about scans, and I'd say I'm about 90% successful. This last time my blood pressure wasn't up at all when I saw the onc for my scan results.

It will be what it will be, and why borrow trouble? I find it's best to focus on what I want to do, in all areas of life. And I'm sure the physiological effects of anxiety can't be good.

And I'm sure your results will be excellent!!

Andrea Barnett Budin 07-06-2013 04:08 PM

Penny, I love your self talk. You know that's like having a conversation with the Universe. I read that somewhere and I believe it! Your SELF is a Spirit and that is a holy spark of Our Source...

Denise, Thanks for the plug for THE POWER OF YOUR THOUGHTS thread. I would welcome some input over there!

As for your humor -- there is no stopping you! You get a grip and you keep it coming! LOVE your words and the help of pix besides to fully grasp the concept of capturing positive vibes.

Silly me, I just put my hand over my breast, my liver, my head -- whatever needs some help, and think of a radiant white Light beaming down. Of course I get into a full meditative state before doing this -- filling myself to overflowing with Love and Serenity and positive energy. Oh, and I think -- using THE POWER OF MY THOUGHTS -- HEALTHY AND WELL. NO MORE CANCER. I can feel my cheekbones rounding out as I KNOW I am smiling.

You KNOW when you KNOW a thing -- in accordance with the Laws of SELF-FULFILLING PROPHECY -- it truly does come into being, manifesting as you envision (with guided imagery of course).

I must add, as some have already mentioned -- I could not be ME if not for some Ativan or Xanax. L-Theanine is a natural supplement that helps if you don't want to go to prescription meds. But -- you should never, ever, unnecessarily suffer!!!!!!!!! Bonnie said it. I am saying it. My favorite oncologist, who isn't a pusher, told me that over a decade ago. YOU KNOW THEY DON'T GIVE OUT AWARDS TO THE ONE WHO SUFFERS THE MOST. That's why we have these medications. At the first sign of pain, or anxiety -- go for it. Don't wait!!! He was very emphatic. And he aside from being brilliant, is a healer, a soother, and a rather gentle Soul!

Penny, please listen up. Re-read that paragraph again, please.

Sending positive vibes to you, Penny.

If you wrap your entire body in tin foil, you'll sweat a lot, and then maybe lose some weight, not that I have any idea what size you are... But weight is always on my mind. Back in the day they had those sweat boxes, where just your head stuck out, and you would sweat off the pounds. I've seen this on television, though never actually encountered such a God awful machine. 27 years of hot flashes is enough.

I did go to a holistic lady about a yr ago -- who cured me of my flashing whereas no other doc over those decades could!

Love and -- LAUGHTER (thanks to our in house comic relief character -- Neddy!!!!),

http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/clip_art/pe...clip1-blessyou

Andi

KirisMum 07-06-2013 05:24 PM

Denise, NIH wants you on line 3.....;-)