HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   GOOD NEWS!!..... at last! :-)) (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37405)

hermiracles 01-03-2009 06:48 AM

GOOD NEWS!!..... at last! :-))

Dearest friends sorry I haven't been around - I have been in and out of Palliative Care - and finally got some GOOD NEWS just before Christmas!

The 6 brain metastases I had in my brain have ALL GONE!! Can you believe it? I can hardly believe it myself! I think they found them in September - I went for my 2 weeks of whole brain radiation, and then returned home to commence Xeloda/Tykerb. Just before Xmas - while in PC - I had a catscan and found those mets in my brain have disappeared!!

Which is so good - as the day before they were talking about ceasing treatment as it was making me SO sick - nausea, vomitting, diarrohea - and if they did that I would probably have 2 months to live!!!!!?? SO thank God for the catscan.... and thank God for your prayers and support.

It is amazing as since I was diagnosed this time with the cancer returning HER2 - about August last year I have had nothing but bad reports... cancer spread to my hip, ribs, lung, brain... and no treatment seemed to be helping at all.

So I got to spend Xmas/New year at home with my hubby and beautiful bubbas ~
miracles do happen eh?

Now I'll wait to see the Oncologist in about 1 week - as they have ceased the Xeloda and reduced the Tycerb a little - so I'll have to see how I go on that.

Hope you all had a blessed , joyful and peaceful Xmas/New year. So grateful for each of you and this amazing group.
Blesssings all
Hermiracles

http://her2support.org/vbulletin/pic...5&pictureid=52 20 months and smiling walking :-))

Becky 01-03-2009 06:57 AM

I am very happy for you. Thank goodness this plan is working out for you so well. As soon as I read your message, I just had to respond even though I have no words but tons of joy in my heart.

hermiracles 01-03-2009 07:02 AM

Oh thanks so much Becky..... you're a sweetheart.

Blessings
Hermiracles

Mary Anne in TX 01-03-2009 08:12 AM

I love the Good News AND the fantastic new picture of the bubbas!!!! I'll keep praying about the next scan and for you and your family. You are amazing, Marilyn!!!!! ma

naturaleigh 01-03-2009 08:21 AM

YEAH!! YEAH!!! YEAH!!!!

What joyous news!!! I have been praying and thinking about you along with everyone else. I thank God for this wonderful news.

Merry Christmas and I pray that 2009 brings more and more great news for you and your dear family.

eric 01-03-2009 08:24 AM

YIPEEEE!!!! What a great way to start the New Year. Enjoy.

michka 01-03-2009 10:12 AM

Hermiracles
I am so happy for you!!!!!!!! And the "Bubbas" are beautiful.
Keep fighting. Michka.

BonnieR 01-03-2009 10:19 AM

This is a great New Year gift you have given us! May miracles keep happening in your life!
Keep the faith, Bonnie

notamrnpsn 01-03-2009 10:36 AM

Just the best news we could hear. These darling babies are so beautiful. Good health for the coming year, Hugs and Blessings, Jeanette

Faith in Him 01-03-2009 10:37 AM

I am so thankful that you have received this wonderful news and shared it with us. Thank God for answered prayers. We will keep them coming for a full recovery.

sassy 01-03-2009 10:51 AM

What wonderful news!! God is working in this new year!

The bubbas are beautiful!

Jean 01-03-2009 11:54 AM

Just read your good news!
I continue to keep you and the those beautiful babies in my prayers. This is the way to start off the New Year.
I am smiling....and so very happy for you.

With Love,
jean

Snufi 01-03-2009 12:44 PM

Prayers do work, keep praying and so will . Snufi

StephN 01-03-2009 01:35 PM

Dear Wonder Woman - Your new nickname!

If nothing else, we DO learn PATIENCE (http://her2support.org/vbulletin/ima...ons/icon14.gif) on this website. That is while we wait to see how our sisters in the active fight are faring, while holding them close in our hearts and wishing every good prayer in their direction.

So happy to hear the good news about your brain. Now there must be more scans in the near future to see how the rest of the tumors are shrinking as well!

Those little ones are SO happy to see their Mum!

TSund 01-03-2009 01:45 PM

Hermiracles,

Your news is wonderful and I hope more to come. Keep up the good work. Your bubbas get cuter and cuter...thank-you so much for sharing!

Terri

RhondaH 01-03-2009 02:08 PM

I am...

tickled to pieces for you...I have been thinking about you a great deal. Take care and God bless.

vickie h 01-03-2009 02:13 PM

WOW! What great news! You have given us all something to look forward to and to believe in. It takes away my breath to realize all you have gone through and then to receive such wonderful news...and before Christmas. We've all been praying for you. Thank God for another miracle. Much love and hugs, Vickie

Chelee 01-03-2009 02:30 PM

What absolutely WONDERFUL news! I have been thinking of you alot & have had you in my thoughts & prayers. I'm so happy for you...& what great timing to hear those pesky mets were gone right before Christmas.

Your bubbas are growing up so fast...they are so darned adorable. May 2009 be the start of many more good things to come. I will continue to keep you in my prayers. :)

Chelee

WomanofSteel 01-03-2009 02:38 PM

I am very happy to hear your good news! What a wonderful way for you to start the new year. Your little ones are just too cute for words. I hope the rest of the year brings continued good health for you.

jones7676 01-03-2009 02:55 PM

Happy to hear your good news and what a wonderful way to start the New Year!