HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   ~Daily Inspirational Quotes..... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31080)

hutchibk 11-16-2007 11:00 AM

Maybe not inspirational, but a quote that responds to Pink's husband's family:

"Do you know that you are pathetic little people AND morons?" - hutchibk

hutchibk 11-16-2007 11:06 AM

"I wanted to be the first woman to burn her bra, but it would have taken the fire department four days to put it out." ~Dolly Parton

Oh and...

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live." ~Jim Rohn

Andrea Barnett Budin 11-16-2007 05:11 PM

Ponderings...

"TAKE YOUR LIFE IN YOUR OWN HANDS, AND WHAT HAPPENS? A TERRIBLE THING: NO ONE TO BLAME." Erica Jong

"THE ONLY REAL VOYAGE OF DISCOVERY CONSISTS NOT IN SEEKING NEW LANDSCAPES BUT IN HAVING NEW EYES." Marcel Proust

I know I personally is oxymoronic, but all the same -- I personally love these two.

For me, when I began to see the world through the eyes of my Soul
-- EVERYTHING CHANGED! Revelations emerged.

This is my new favorite thread! Thank you soooo much, Marie. What a fab idea...
Andi

PinkGirl 11-18-2007 09:26 AM

EACH FRIEND REPRESENTS A WORLD IN US,
A WORLD POSSIBLY NOT BORN UNTIL THEY ARRIVE,
AND IT IS ONLY BY THIS MEETING THAT A NEW WORLD IS BORN

Anais Nin

PinkGirl 11-18-2007 09:39 AM

Inspirational photo :)

Attachment 156

hutchibk 11-18-2007 11:33 PM

I LOVE the cartoon!

Believe51 11-19-2007 12:20 PM

To Complete My Thanksgiving Blessings Post:

This completes my thoughts on Thanksgiving and what it means to me, today & always:

"True Thanksgiving Means That We Need To Thank God For What He Has done For Us, And Not To Tell Him What We Have Done For Him" By George R Hendrick

Believe51

hutchibk 11-19-2007 04:09 PM

I love that too! Thanks Marie.

PinkGirl 11-20-2007 02:25 PM

AVOIDING DANGER IS NO SAFER IN THE LONG RUN THAN OUTRIGHT EXPOSURE. THE FEARFUL ARE CAUGHT AS OFTEN AS THE BOLD.
Helen Keller

Andrea Barnett Budin 11-20-2007 03:34 PM

KEEP AWAY FROM PEOPLE WHO TRY TO BELITTLE YOUR AMBITIONS. SMALL PEOPLE ALWAYS DO THAT, BUT THE REALLY GREAT MAKE YOU FEEL THAT YOU, TOO, CAN BECOME GREAT. Mark Twain

Andi

PinkGirl 11-20-2007 04:22 PM

Roger Bannister Broke The Four-minute Mile Record
On May 6, 1954. It Had Been Deemed An Impossible Feat.

The Record Was Broken Again On June 21, 1954 And Upon Knowing That It Was No Longer Impossible, 3 Years Later, 16 Other Runners Also Cracked The Four-
Minute Mile.

Andrea Barnett Budin 11-20-2007 05:01 PM

SINCE WHEN DO YOU HAVE TO AGREE WITHPEOPLE TO DEFEND THEM FROM INJUSTICE? Lillian Hellman

WISE SAYINGS OFTEN FALL ON BARREN GROUND; BUT A KIND WORD IS NEVER THROWN AWAY. Arthur Helps

ALWAYS DO RIGHT; THIS WILL GRATIFY SOME PEOPLE AND ASTONISH THE REST. Mark Twain

HE WHO ALLOWS OPPRESSION, SHARES THE CRIME. Erasmus Darwin (grandfather of Charles Darwin)

PinkGirl 11-20-2007 05:50 PM

I'M NOT A VEGETARIAN, BUT I EAT ANIMALS THAT ARE.
Groucho Marx

Believe51 11-21-2007 06:44 AM

With Thoughts Of Thanksgiving....

Just some proverbs and thoughts to celebrate yet another holiday with family and friends..

"Gratitude Is The Heart's Memory" French Proverb

"Let Us Be Thankful For The Fools; But For Them The Rest Of Us Could Not Succeed" Mark Twain

"Some People Grumble Because The Roses has Thorns. Be Thankful Instead That The Thorns Have Roses" Unknown

I will be gone from the site until atleast Monday so I needed to send a few thoughts your way to hold you over until my return, LOL!! Of course I always send love, prayers, positive thoughts and hope to you also. Thanks for this unbreakable, unconditional bond of friendship for it is priceless!!>>Believe51

PS I said Monday I will see again but today is not over yet!!! Talk to you momentarily!! Hehehe!!>> MarieG

PinkGirl 11-21-2007 09:19 AM

The Weaver

My life is but a weaving
between my Lord and me,
I cannot choose the colours
He worketh steadily.

Oft times, He weaveth sorrow
And I in foolish pride
Forget He sees the upper
and I, the underside.

Not till the loom is silent
And the shuttles cease to fly
Shall God unroll the canvas
And explain the reason why.

The dark threads are as needful
In the weavers skillful hand
as are the threads of gold and silver
In the pattern He has planned.

author unknown

PinkGirl 11-22-2007 11:47 AM

Another inspirational(?) cartoon

Attachment 162

PinkGirl 11-22-2007 11:52 AM

THE JOY OF A SPIRIT IS THE MEASURE OF ITS POWER.
Ninon de Lenclos

Becky 11-23-2007 12:05 PM

Not all who wander are lost.

Tolkein

fauxgypsy 11-23-2007 04:43 PM

When I was in graduate school another student and I had a place in our office where we put inspirational quotes. We called it our "profundity" corner. We decided to rearrange the office and asked one of the other students who shared the office if he would mind. He said,"I don't care where you put my desk, as long as you don't put me in the fecundity corner." We thought about this for a moment. Then we laughed and decided that it might be appropriate, since it did keep multiplying. I LOVE quotes.

Leslie

hutchibk 11-24-2007 11:29 AM

"Try everything twice... and love it both times!"

"Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down. (Keep this in mind if you are one of those grouches.)"