HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Genentech's TH3RESA trial has many locations (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54738)

Joan M 06-13-2012 04:27 AM

Genentech's TH3RESA trial has many locations

This trial has 199 study locations, with over 50 locations in the U.S. The trial is for HER2+ metastatic survivors who have received at least two prior regimens of HER2-directed therapy. It has two arms: T-DM1 and treatment of physician’s choice. To read more about TH3RESA, visit http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01419197

For any patients, caregivers or doctors who are looking for available trials for T-DM1 or Pertuzumab, or if the TH3RESA trial is in a location on the list that’s not yet recruiting, please call Genentech’s Trial Information Support Line at 888-662-6728. The call line is staffed by trained nurses who can discuss available Genentech trials.

Joan

MikeF 06-25-2012 01:25 PM

Re: Genentech's TH3RESA trial has many locations

My wife Barb was enrolled in the Emelia trial and we withdrew when she was randomly assigned the Tykerb leg. Does that constitute prior TDM-1 involvement even though she didnt follow through. I would love to get her in the Th3resa study but it appears she would be excluded. Has any body seen the rules bent in a situation like this Ive called Genentech and am waiting for a response hopefully the wording isnt so literal.

MikeF 06-26-2012 08:58 AM

Heard from Genentech this morning apparently the wording is strictly enforced Barbs attempt at the Emelia trial will exclude her from the Th3resa study. I guess the only hope we have of getting her TDM-1 is FDA approval or possibly a request from her Oncologist for compassionate use.

Rolepaul 06-26-2012 09:39 AM

I vote for the Onc and Compassionate use. Are you going to Duke or UNC? Both are good for the compassionate use option. I am in Raleigh and saw both of them but chose to have Nina treated in Houston due to people interaction issues with the above. They are both good locations and I think have access to TDM-1. I would push the local onc hard.

Paul

MikeF 06-26-2012 09:43 AM

Paul

We have choosen to stay close to home in Shelby. We both like her Onc. and I really believe in my heart he cares for her. I did'nt think all the traveling to Duke or UNC would be good for her. If we have to travel to get the TDM-1 we will, Ive always felt this is what she needs. Would love to talk to a fellow Tar Heel about the role of caregiver unless of course your a Blue Devil fan LOL

MikeF 06-28-2012 10:58 AM

I talked to someone at Genentech again today and apparently said something differently this time. They told me to have her Onco. call their medical team to see about access to the Th3resa Study regardless of the previous enrollment. Not sure what to make of all this one person says one thing another says something else. I just want whats best for Barb.

'lizbeth 06-28-2012 05:41 PM

Go with the good news.

Its always better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

MikeF 07-05-2012 08:39 AM

We recieved a call late Monday afternoon from Barbs Oncologist saying that she has been approved for TDM-1 under compassionate care. Now we are praying our insurance cooperates, they have been known to throw a wrench in the works. At this point I dont care what they do, God will provide as He has faithfully done in the past. Thank you all for the prayers, thoughts, and comments.

KDR 07-05-2012 06:37 PM

Mike,
This is wonderful news. I am hoping things go your and Barb's way, it is SO deserved. Thanks for letting us know.
Warmly,
Karen

Sandra in GA 07-06-2012 06:03 PM

Mike,
This sounds like a God-send. I pray everything goes well with Barb and the TDM-1 does its job.
Sandra

LuckyLinda 07-21-2012 10:38 AM

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Keep asking and don't take no for an answer. Best of luck. Keeping Barb & your family in my prayers.