HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Prayers for my sweet father in hospice~ (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53860)

jml 04-04-2012 02:22 PM

Prayers for my sweet father in hospice~

Hi Friends~
Asking for your prayers for my sweet Papa who we've moved to hospice care yesterday.
A year ago he suffered a catastrophic stroke that reduced him from an active university professor who played tennis and swam at the beach here in beautiful Hawaii to not being able to speak, tube feeding, and walking only with assistance. My incredible mother has cared for him tirelessly for this past year,but despite it all he has suffered additional mini stokes and seizures, and now respiratory issues, including pneumonia.
After prayerful deliberation, my mom made the difficult decision to move Dad to hospice. I'm so grateful to be able to be here with my sisters, supporting each other and my Mom and just loving my dad through this transition.
Hospice care has already been so helpful guiding us how to say goodbye and let go. The social worker made a point to tell me that it is important that i tell my dad that i'm going to be okay, and that i will continue fighting. I honestly never in a million years thought that i would survive this disease before losing my parents. But i have to tell him that i'm going to be okay. At east i've been able to share with him my most clean brain scans and I hope that brings him some comfort and peace.
It has been an intense couple of days, and I know the upcoming will be even more so, so I ask all of you for your prayers and strength.
Thanks so much.
Keep the faith~
jml

Kellennea 04-04-2012 02:33 PM

Re: Prayers for my sweet father in hospice~

I am so sorry. Sending prayers up...

StephN 04-04-2012 02:43 PM

Dear Jessica -

Very sorrowful time for you and yours right now. We did speak about your father in San Antonio, and it was clear how much he means to you and the rest of your family.

Your love and constancy will prove good underpinnings as this transition progresses. We were in a similar situation with my much-loved and missed father, so I feel your emotions.

NanaJoni 04-04-2012 03:04 PM

Of course we will keep you and your family in our prayers in this difficult time.

ElaineM 04-04-2012 03:05 PM

I am so sorry. Please know that your father feels your love and the love of the rest of the family. God is watching over him and his family.
Hugs !!

BonnieR 04-04-2012 03:18 PM

God bless you all. We will always be our Daddy's little girl...
Keep the faith.

Mary Anne in TX 04-04-2012 04:16 PM

I add my prayers too.

Paty 04-04-2012 04:28 PM

Dear Jesica,

I am praying for you, your dad and your family. May this time God help you to smooth the pain that you all are going thru..

love

Paty

Elizabethtx 04-04-2012 05:09 PM

Adding my prayers for you and your family. May you have sweet time together.

Vicky 04-04-2012 05:19 PM

Oh Jessica, so sorry to hear! I will absolutely pray for your father and for all of your family. I pray you feel comfort and peace during this difficult time. I lost my father a year and 1/2 ago and miss him so, but I rest in knowing he knows no more pain and suffers no more.

Love and blessings to you...

adelay 04-04-2012 05:32 PM

Prayers for you and your dear father.

KDR 04-04-2012 05:51 PM

Jessica,
Your description of your father paints him as a very knowing and loving man. He knows you WILL survive. I will be thinking of you in the coming days.
Warmly,
Karen

chrisy 04-04-2012 06:37 PM

Jessica, my heart goes out to you, and your family is wrapped in loving prayers.

Mary Jo 04-04-2012 07:14 PM

So sorry for all you and your family are going through right now. It's so hard to say good bye. God Bless each of you with Peace and may your last days together hold some very special blessings.

Love and hugs...

Mary Jo

Jackie07 04-04-2012 07:28 PM

Jessica,

We will be praying for your Dad, your family and you. Be sure to take good care of yourself during this trying time.

Pray 04-04-2012 08:39 PM

My heart is sadden for you also. Gods blessings to you and your father. Please know you and your family are in my prayers.

My father's COPD is catching up with him. He had been in the hospital for a month and home now for 2 weeks. While in the hospital my Sister said my Dad told her he was only trying so hard because of me, if he gives up I might. I never talked to him about it because I'm afraid he will stop fighting. reading your post has made me think who am I to decide how long he should fight?

Sheila 04-05-2012 04:53 AM

Jessica
Keeping you and your entire family wrapped in prayers, it is never easy to say goodbye to our parents....hospice made it much easier losing my Mom....he will forever be in your spirit as my Mom is with me. Sending a hug and much love

schoolteacher 04-05-2012 11:06 AM

jml,

I am praying for your father, you, and your family.

Amelia

greenacres 04-05-2012 12:21 PM

jml, Saying a prayer for your father and your family as well.

Firework 04-05-2012 12:58 PM

All our best thoughts prayers and hope for your family.