HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Guess it was a good run... Time for the gloves (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=60600)

Jaimieh 03-25-2014 04:09 PM

Guess it was a good run... Time for the gloves

So I found out today that I have a 1x2cm mass that contains IDC that is ER/pr- and her 2+ just like the last time. Now I wait for a PET scan and pray that is is clear. My oncologist is already talking chemo and I am just baffled and in shock.

Coux92 03-25-2014 05:26 PM

Re: Guess it was a good run... Time for the gloves

So sorry to hear your news but will pray for a clear PET scan for you... You did it once, you can do it again. Be strong!

tricia keegan 03-25-2014 05:44 PM

Sad to hear this too, please keep us posted and know we are all here for you!

KDR 03-25-2014 06:59 PM

Sorry to hear that you have had a relapse. We understand that sinking feeling. But there are so many options now, don't give up. Sounds like it was caught early, and that's good.

Karen

JennyB 03-25-2014 08:28 PM

That sucks I'm so sorry!

From your signature it looks like you had a double mastectomy last time?? You must be really scratching your head!

Good luck

Jenny x

Nurse4u2day 03-25-2014 08:55 PM

I'm so sorry you have to battle this once again. It's a battle that will take all your might but you have proven once before that it is a battle you can win. I will say a prayer for you tonight.

Jaimieh 03-26-2014 05:32 AM

Jenny I had a double mastectomy, implants twice, they were removed, one surgery to clean out my chest cavity, then three reconstructive surgeries with flaps. The lump was on my cancer side at the fold of my breast. :(. So I am baffled. Now I will have a PER to make sure it's just a local recurrence and then have a lumpectomy, rads and some kind of chemo :(.

I am sad, angry and scared. :(

Becky 03-26-2014 06:26 AM

You can do this again. You may not want to but I know you can do it. Pesky hide out. I understand as I had a dcis when I was still in treatment and removed. Its a shocker but I didn't have my breasts removed. I should have but every consult I saw said no. I very seriously contemplate getting them removed anyway. So you did and there was an escapee from the prison and I can only imagine how disappointed you are. We are here for you. All this cancer is very hard work and you unfortunately have to work harder but I know you can do it.

Lisalou 03-26-2014 08:05 AM

Sending healing and prayers. You can do it, what ever is needed. I had double mastectomy also but no gaurantees I guess. Though what a shock. Take care

'lizbeth 03-26-2014 09:53 AM

Jameih,

That sucks, I'm so sorry.

At least now there are more Her2 tools and other treatments available.

Hoping for minimum side effects and maximum effectiveness in your next round.

Carol Ann 03-26-2014 11:00 AM

Jaimieh,

I agree with everyone, this so SUCKS!! I am so sorry. :( Please know we are all thinking of you and rooting for you every step of the way.

Carol Ann

Shirley 03-26-2014 12:23 PM

Jameih,

I am also sorry to hear that you have to have more treatment. It does seem baffling that it has reappeared in the same breast after a mastectomy.

I just had my annual mammogram on my remaining breast this morning. And OF COURSE they found calcification spots that weren't there last year. So next week I go in for stereotactic biopsy.

To be honest, I kind of feel like "been there, done that", and I feel more ticked off than anything else. It could be nothing but if it is like the other side than in the next couple of years I'll be doing this all over again....darnit!!!

My take away from all the ladies on this site is that all of the new treatments we have at our disposal make this thing something we can usually manage and survive. For many of us it is what might more accurately be described as a "chronic" condition. I do not mean to minimize the struggle and the heartache and the losses we have sufferred, but I can only do what I can do for now...one day at a time.

You did it before and you know you can do it again, right?

Take care,

Shirley

Soccermom 03-26-2014 02:18 PM

Jamie girl,
Keeping you in my prayers.. I hate that you have to go through this ... But you will do what you must and you'll kick this new tumors b*tt
((( Jamie)))

Marcia

SusanN 03-27-2014 06:51 PM

With everyone else, am so very sorry to hear this...I honestly would be sad and angry, too...many emotions!!!
Know I'm sending Huge hugs to you and prayers!!

Pray 03-27-2014 08:40 PM

Jamie , hoping and praying for you also. Gods blessings

Jean 03-30-2014 11:03 AM

Jamie,
That is upsetting and I was very sorry to read your post.
As many before me said, you can do and you will do it.
Just take a step back and allow yourself to feel sorry for yourself, it is only natural. Then move on and get your game on to kick it to the curb.
Sending you many best wishes and hugs,
Jean

jaykay 03-30-2014 11:52 AM

So sorry to hear this and I can understand how you feel even though I didn't have chemo my first time around. To echo everyone else - you can do this

It does suck!

Jaimieh 03-30-2014 05:13 PM

So I had a PET on Friday that showed that it is currently only showing in the breast so the plan is a lumpectomy followed by chemo than rads. If I do AC I will be able to get herceptin and perjeta so that is the plan so far. I am not happy :( but I have a lot of living left to do.

Carol Ann 03-30-2014 05:21 PM

As much as this all totally SUCKS it is good news that your PET was clear. And that you can get the Perjeta along with Herceptin.

Keeping my fingers crossed you have minimal side effects from the AC ... how many rounds of it do you have to have?

Hang in!!

Carol Ann

Jaimieh 03-31-2014 07:06 PM

Carol Ann I am supposed to get 4 AC's dose dense and 12 taxol's weekly with H& P. Then after I am done a month later I start rads :(.

I did meet the breast surgeon today and she confirmed its in residual breast tissue. She moved her schedule and I will be having a lumpectomy and a port placed on Wednesday. So fingers crossed that things come back in the final pathology same or better.