HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Update on our dear Kate (Tousled1) (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32991)

Kavy 03-08-2008 02:57 AM

Update on our dear Kate (Tousled1)

Sorry to let you all know that our dear Kate is back in the hospital. She was taken yesterday ealy in the morning by ambulance with severe short of breath, also vomiting and diarrhea. The short of breath is because of inflammation in the lungs, and she was given steroid. The vomiting and the diarrhea is because of the new combo Tykerb/Xeloda that she started on Tuesday, so she stopped taking it for now.
When I spoke with her, she said she was feeling much better. She sounded good, and she was in good spirits. As you all know, she is very strong, and she is a fighter, and she is ready to fight again.
I feel so sad that she is going through all this, and she does not have a break. She is a wonderful person, very caring and very supportive, as you all know, and a great friend too. I was blessed to meet her here in this board.
Kate needs our prayers again for her to get better soon, and for this new combo to work fast so that she will have that deserved break.
Please, keep the prayers coming, and may God bless you all beautiful people.
KarlaV.

hermiracles 03-08-2008 03:34 AM

oh so sorry to hear this Kate. Hope this is just a short set-back and you'll be back on track real soon and feeling better.
Thanks for letting us know Karla
Lots of love to you Kate.
Blessings
Hermiracles

Sheila 03-08-2008 06:07 AM

Dear Kate
I do hope this is a brief setback...you need a break Kate....keeping you close at heart and in my prayers.

Yorkiegirl 03-08-2008 07:12 AM

I am so very sorry to hear that Kate had to be taken to the Hospital

Many, many BIG PRAYERS going out for her.

Thanks for letting us know.

Mary Anne in TX 03-08-2008 07:32 AM

Giant prayers is right! And belief that the combo will do it's work without all the side effects. Kate, we love you and know that no heart beats stronger with courage and caring than yours does. Your smile is a national treasure to those of us who benefit from it so often and so well! We're cheering for you and can't wait to hear that "all is well" message! ma

nitewind 03-08-2008 07:52 AM

I'm so sorry to hear that our Kate is having such a hard time. All of us on this board are praying extra hard, Kate you do deserve a break. I'm keeping you in my prayers constantly and praying for a great combo that will do the job and not make you so sick. In the meantime, waiting(not so patiently) for you to come back to the board. We love you!
Hugs

lilyecuadorian 03-08-2008 09:03 AM

She is in my prayers Kate and Kareneg ....always

kareneg 03-08-2008 09:30 AM

Dear Kate,

You are in my prayers. I am so sorry you are going through this. And I am praying so hard you get right back on track fast. Please let is know how you are when you get home. All my best.

hutchibk 03-08-2008 09:41 AM

Kate - I am so sorry that you are facing such challenges. All my love and prayers that this is a brief set-back for you!

goops 03-08-2008 09:47 AM

I am so sorry to hear that she is once more facing more challanges, I will remember her in my prayers.

lexigirl 03-08-2008 10:18 AM

Dear Kate,

Saying prayers now for recovery and that you will be back on your tx combo soon.

Hugs and Prayers,
Lexi

Karen W 03-08-2008 10:20 AM

Love and prayers, Kate for a speedy recovery.

Karen

schoolteacher 03-08-2008 10:22 AM

Kate,

I am praying for you. Hope to hear from you soon.

Amelia

Patb 03-08-2008 11:48 AM

Kate
Healing thoughts and prayers are headed you way. Take care of yourself.
patb

Jackie07 03-08-2008 02:11 PM

Kate, just want you to know that we are praying for you. Take it easy. And take care.

And Karla V, make sure you get plenty of rest. Staying up at 3:47 am is not a good idea. But, that's also the beauty of this board - we can communicate any time. Thanks for updating Kate's situation for us.

Soccermom 03-08-2008 02:23 PM

Dear Kate,
I am sending you all the positive thoughts and prayers I can muster! Hope you will get to feeling much better,SOON!
Hugs,marcia

Lolly 03-08-2008 02:24 PM

Kate, I'm sending big hugs and hopes that you will soon bounce back and be home.

<3 Lolly

tricia keegan 03-08-2008 02:53 PM

kate I too will be thinking and praying for you, sending all good wishes for a quick recovery and huge hugs...

LOPSIDED 03-08-2008 02:53 PM

Kate, I Hope You Feel Better Soon. Whenever I Post A Thread You Always Reply With Some Kind Words Or Advice.

Keeping You In My Thoughts & Prayers

sassy 03-08-2008 03:11 PM

Kate,

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. You have always been so supportive of all of us and we are here for you too.