HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Yucky earwax and B.O. (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=39687)

harrie 06-02-2009 12:35 AM

Yucky earwax and B.O.

Wet ear wax and unpleasant body odors signal breast cancer risk: New research in the FASEB Journal shows that a "breast cancer gene" causes osmidrosis and makes earwax wet and sticky [Eureka News Service]

Isn't this funny???!!!

AlaskaAngel 06-02-2009 02:10 PM

Well...

Hi Harrie. As awful as it sounds (and could be at times), I definitely had both. I think the hormone production goes haywire around menopause for some of us. I had tons of earwax production the year prior to dx.

Both ended with treatment. (Just FYI.)

But then I'm still NED, so maybe these are good signs if one does end up with bc?

A.A.

Lien 06-02-2009 02:26 PM

I had none of these. The more risk factors are found, the more puzzled I become. How on earth did I ever develop BC?

LOL

Jacqueline

PinkGirl 06-02-2009 04:03 PM

Ah HarrieCanarie .... now there's more to ponder. I have blamed my
misfortune on being left-handed and having a mother with wide hips.

Now there's ear wax and body odour to contemplate. I have absolutely
dug some disgusting stuff out of my ears but I'll have to ask my friends
about the BO.

sassy 06-02-2009 04:47 PM

Maybe that's why nobody would sit beside me or look at the side of my head! I thought it was just a bad hair do!

Nancy L 06-02-2009 05:55 PM

I definitely had an alarming huge piece of wet sticky earwax in my left ear (same side as my breast cancer---never had earwax before so I thought it was very odd) that surfaced and I removed a few months before my nipple inverted. I am still very angry at all the physicians I had been going to (and paying the prior year) with various symptoms because I didn't feel well. All of them said "no way" to breast cancer because they couldn't feel anything in my breast and the mammos were negative for BC. My sister died of BC so I was always suspicious and I think they thought I was a a hypocondriac. I should have followed my gut and gone to the Mayo Clinic. If I had known about the earwax research, I would have. The more woman know about unusual things to look for, the better off they will be. Until science comes up with believable reasons for why we all got BC, I hope women can learn from all of us who weren't so lucky. I can't buy reasons like "You were a victim of bad luck", etc. as the reason I got this disease. We should start a thread where all women can post the reasons doctors have given them. I would also be interested in a survey of women with ER-/PR- HER2+ breast cancer about alcohol consumption since some literature is blaming our disease on drinking too much---I don't think so. As far as I know, they have only related alcohol to ER+ breast cancer because estrogen is fueled by alcohol. Anyone heard anything different in the research you have read?

Nancy

I am not sure about the BO----I don't think so but I will ask my husband. He is a cleanliness freak and I know he would have said something.

Rich66 06-02-2009 10:13 PM

Ah...for a second, I thought this forum finally had a post that was truly too much information.

harrie 06-02-2009 10:25 PM

PinkyGirl,...you are too funny!!!!!!

juanita 06-11-2009 11:24 AM

i think the chemo also changes your body chemeistry to where the same products you used before don't smell the same after. i have a hard time finding a deodorant that lasts and doesn't smell funny and the perfume i used before smells awful on me now.

harrie 06-12-2009 06:00 PM

I thought this article was more amusing then anything which is why I posted it.
But the funny part now is that now I find myself checking whatever I might find in my ears!!

Brenda_D 06-13-2009 05:31 AM

Quote:

I would also be interested in a survey of women with ER-/PR- HER2+ breast cancer about alcohol consumption since some literature is blaming our disease on drinking too much-
Nancy, I am ER- PR- Her2 +++ and I don't drink at all.
I don't know where they got their info. Lol