HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ~My Angel Mother-in-Law Has Earned Her Wings!~ (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=39362)

Believe51 05-10-2009 01:11 AM

~My Angel Mother-in-Law Has Earned Her Wings!~

It is with a broken heart I write that my Mother-in-Law has earned her wings with beauty and grace. I was not going to post this on Mother's Day but I deemed it appropriate, what better a way to tribute her? This is dedicated to a woman I view as my very own Angel, one of the toughest warriors I have ever known.

She just made it out of a coma and a seven week ordeal, she made it to the comforts of her home. Although she left the rehab against medical advice, I must admit she was almost ready. I spoke to her the night before chemo and she started with the same old conversations. Mom was happy to see her son so well loved and always said this was her dream, her only child being so complete. She mentioned what a terrific Daughter-in-Law I was and how blessed she was to have me. Although I am uncomfortable with compliments I valued her opinion. For the first time ever she was mad at me though, stemming from the rehab and me not springing her. I cried a little as I asked her if she was still mad at me. Her reply was that she is over it and we have already moved on. We spoke of our love and our blessings.

I was stunned by this news of her passing because she actually looked better than she had in years. On Saturday, May 9, Mom G earned the wings that all her life proved she deserved. As sad as I am I need to just say that she passed in her sleep like all Angels should, she was with her cat, in the woods. Mom passed before her son did and this was something that was really important to her. I am not so sure she could handle his journey from this day forward, rocky roads must be crossed. While we waited for the home to come she was surrounded by the friends and family that flourished on the love she gave. We told stories from the past and it was healing. She had no unfinished business, no admends to make, she was so very tired, so full of pain. I went into her room and told her I loved her and I thanked her for loving me. I spoke in her ears that I would always take care of Eddie and she would never have to worry. I kissed her for the last time. Ed went over Thursday because he thought he would be sick today and left a card to be opened only then. We have opened the card together for her a little while ago. The news has not sunk in for him and he is just going about a bit aimless right now.

I found it so special when I learned of her prayers to us here at Her2, she prayed daily for us all for years. She thanked you when she heard of your prayers for her. This meant alot to her. I know she will join others in Heaven because I know for sure God has plans for her. Thank you back my friends for allowing me to share her with you in numerous other posts. This was a woman I am so thankful to have loved. My heart is broken and time will have to mend it but she no longer hurts, she is free. Happy Mother's Day Joan, you have made me a better person just by knowing you.>>Marie

Midwest Alice 05-10-2009 04:26 AM

Marie, You life is a testimony of Gods blessing of hope and healing He promises all of us. I more I get to know you, the better I understand and the stronger I become. I'm glad for Joan that she made the finial journey and now rest with our Lord.
Blessings to you my dear Marie.

Sheila 05-10-2009 04:44 AM

Marie
I am so sorry to hear about your Mother in Law.....Please know that she is still above, watching over you and Ed, and showering you both with prayers....how lucky she was to have you for a daughter-in-law.

nitewind 05-10-2009 06:06 AM

Marie, I am so sorry for your loss.
Hugs

WomanofSteel 05-10-2009 06:22 AM

Marie, I was very shocked to sign on this AM and read about your Mother-in-laws passing. I know she had many health problems, but that doesn't make it any easier for you and Ed. I offer our deepest sympathies to you both and hope you know that we are here if you need us. I hope that Mom is finally without pain and at peace. I am sure she is telling them what to do up there already.

jml 05-10-2009 06:23 AM

What a beautiful tribute to your Mother in Law, Marie.
Thank you for sharing this & her with us.

God bless,

Jml

Lien 05-10-2009 07:14 AM

I am so sorry Marie. The tribute you wrote paints a picture of a warm, loving, generous woman, who deserves to be pain-free. You have both been blessed to have loved each other the way you did. The way you do. Because that kind of love lingers on in the universe.

Hugs

Jacqueline

Lori R 05-10-2009 07:25 AM

Dear Marie,
Your posts are always so beautiful. I agree that you loving tribute was ideal for mothers day. What a blessing you were to your mother in law. There is no greater gift then to allow your mother in law to leave this world in peace, knowing her child is loved and will be cared for.

Your strength and generosity never cease to amaze me.

There is certainly a special place for you in heaven.

I hope the circle of family and friends provides you with comfort as well.

Love...Lori

Mary Anne in TX 05-10-2009 11:08 AM

Marie, all I can do is send prayers and love. What a task you have at hand. But I know God is good and will open some doors for ya. luv u, ma

atdec05 05-10-2009 11:24 AM

Dear Marie,

I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for taking the time to share with us your beautiful tribute to your MIL. I agree this was very fitting for this day. And I also think that she got her wish of passing before her son.

take care all,

Gerri 05-10-2009 02:17 PM

My sincere condolences to you and Ed for the loss of such an important person in both of your lives. May you find peace and comfort in the memories you hold dear.

All my best,

alicem 05-10-2009 03:06 PM

Marie,

I am so saddened by your loss of such a special person in your life. Your mother-in-law was truly a blessing for you. I don't know what heaven is like, but I would like to believe that Ed's mom is now an advocate angel for him just like my dad is now for me.

I hope you are both able to find that peace that passes all understanding in the coming days ahead. A funeral and chemo on top of it is going to be very trying. May God bless you with that peace. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.

Alice

ElaineM 05-10-2009 03:40 PM

~My Angel Mother-in-Law Has Earned Her Wings!~

Thank you for sharing this experience with us. Even though you and Ed are full of sadness now the memory of your mother in law will warm your hearts forever.

Faith in Him 05-10-2009 03:46 PM

I am so sorry Marie. She was blessed, like all of us, to have you in her life. She must of had such peace knowing that her beloved son was well taken care of and so deeply loved by you. I am sure that she is whispering special blessings in God's ear for Ed and you.

Love & Hugs,
Tonya

Paty 05-10-2009 05:25 PM

Marie,

I am very sorry for the loss of your mother in law and the sadness that it brings to you all. I am sure that all the love that you gave one another will help the healing to come sooner. Once again ... it amazes me how strong you are. Please, let Ed know that I am with you both during this very sad time.

Much Love,

Paty

Joan M 05-10-2009 05:39 PM

Marie,

I'm sorry to hear about Ed's mother passing. Her thoughtfulness in praying for us is really a wonderful gift. She is in my prayers.

Joan

Barbara H. 05-10-2009 06:17 PM

Hi Marie,
My heart goes out to you and to Ed. Please accept my sincere sympathy. You are such a sincere kind person.
Barbara H.

eric 05-10-2009 06:46 PM

Marie,

I am so sorry for your and Ed's loss. I hope both of you have a relatively easy grieving process and know that my thoughts are with you both. On a positive note it sounds to me that both you and she were pretty lucky to have each other in your lives.

Eric

caya 05-10-2009 06:52 PM

I am sorry for your loss Marie. It sounds like you had a lovely relationship with your mother-in-law - very special indeed.

all the best
caya

Bill 05-10-2009 06:52 PM

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, Marie. Please know that you and Ed will be in our thoughts and prayers.