HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   I found out (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33146)

kareneg 03-18-2008 03:01 PM

I found out

What has been causing all of my fevers as of lately. I have a very bad UTI. And I feel horrilble, it seems like one thing after another I don't remember the last time I felt good. But I hope to be back to normal soon I started antibotics today hope they kick in fast. Thanks for listening I love you all and pray everyday for all of us.

Becca 03-18-2008 04:12 PM

Karen, glad it was discovered what has been making you feel so bad. Hope you will soon be feeling better. Right now I feel like I am playing around with a UTI, but my onco ran a test last week and said if I did not hear back from him that there is no problem with a UTI. Seems like I get them every few months now, while I never had any problem before.

I am also on abraxane. I take it every week and it has been hard on me. I feel like I have the flu with body aches, weakness, no appetite, slight fever for about 5-6 days-- then it is time for another treatment. I asked for a week off because of Easter and how rotten I feel. (Also I have been dealing with the head/chest cold that so many people seem to have right now). So I did not have a treatment today and hope I will have some better days this week. Does it make you feel this way? I have had 3 treatments so far, and my hair is just starting to come out. Ug, wish I could have kept it. I hope you are tolerating it better. Thank you for your love and prayers. I also pray for you and others on this site.

caya 03-18-2008 05:00 PM

Karen,

So glad it's "just" a UTI. Funny how practically anything other than cancer is looked upon as good now.

Try some sitz baths with epsom salts, it really helps.

all the best
caya

Mary Jo 03-18-2008 05:56 PM

Big HUGS to you Karen...............http://her2support.org/vbulletin/images/icons/icon7.gif I'm happy the reason for your fevers and how horribly you have been feeling has been figured out.

Praying, praying, praying that your antibiotics kick in QUICKLY.

May God's loving Arms be felt around you Karen................

Mary Jo

Becky 03-18-2008 05:58 PM

Get well soon Karen. Bladder infections are the worst and are my personal weak spot. However, only 1-2 days on the antibiotic and you feel better (but keep taking all the pills - usually Cipro). Drink cranberry juice (juice not cocktail). It helps too!

Love,

Lolly 03-18-2008 06:51 PM

Karen, I'm so glad to hear you've gotten to the bottom (so to speak) of the fevers etc. Like Becky says you'll be feeling better soon, but may I add if you don't take probiotics (like Acidophilus pills, or a mixture of A. plus other good bacteria) it would be a good time to start, while you're on antibiotics as they tend to wipe out ALL bacteria good and bad and can lead to a yeast infection once you've got the UTI cleared up. As we all know, yeast infections are no fun either, and I've found that a twice daily dose of one or two Acidophilus gel caps keeps the bad yeasties away.

You can find a good probiotic at any health food store and some grocery stores in their natural foods section. They're good for intestinal health too.

<3 Lolly

Faith in Him 03-18-2008 06:55 PM

Karen,

I hope you feel better real soon. Praying for you too.

Tonya

Bill 03-18-2008 08:40 PM

Hey Karen, I'm glad you found out what is causing the fever, but I'm sorry you feel so bad. Like Lolly said, (In case you don't know her, she is the little hottie playing all kissy-face with Dennis Hopper), try to eat some yogurt to help replenish your intestinal bacterium wiped out by the anti-biotics. I love you, Karen

sassy 03-18-2008 09:44 PM

Karen,

Glad you found this answer and that you will be feeling much better soon.