HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Looking to Donate for our beloved Sister Sheila (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=64768)

Jen 04-13-2016 06:31 PM

Looking to Donate for our beloved Sister Sheila

Although our beloved Sheila passed away from breast cancer she left behind items my sister and I would love to donate to another fighter in need these items include size 38C and 38 B USA Size Masectomy bras (the kind you can fit a prosthesis in, regular bras size 36 D underwire and breast prosthesis amoena 259 B balance 20 size 2/3 and amoena balance 2D size 4. Message me for further details or pictures of items. Thanks- Jen

Donna H 04-14-2016 12:57 PM

Re: Looking to Donate for our beloved Sister Sheila

While I dont need either, that is really very sweet and generous of you to think the women on this site. That made me smile.

Laurel 04-14-2016 04:48 PM

Great idea, Jen! Your mom was such a terrific lady! I was blessed to have met and laughed with her. She is missed. Hope you and your family are doing well!

Jen 04-15-2016 08:51 AM

I am am hoping someone on here is in need of these items. Those of you who knew my Mom, Sheila remembers how much she loved/lived to help others in their fight as well. My sister and I both wish to continue our Mother's legacy by honoring our beloved Mother by donating these items to one of you. Please message me for further details. My stepdad is still going through her things. As we sort through it I might have more items to donate.

StephN 04-15-2016 11:36 AM

Jen, Is there a local branch of a Cancer Society Store that might take them? I have donated wigs and other things to such a store here.

This is a fallback suggestion if no one steps forward. Maybe contact Rush and see what they suggest.

Jen 04-15-2016 03:37 PM

Today I contacted Immerman Angels through FB. I think they are somewhere in Chicago and maybe I can take the items for donation with me and drop them off when I am in Chicago with Jasmine for a doctor appointment.

tricia keegan 04-16-2016 12:16 PM

What a very generous idea Jen, your Mom would be proud.:)

Mtngrl 04-19-2016 11:53 AM

Jen,

That's a very sweet idea. I hope someone here can take you up on it.

All the best,
Amy

Jen 04-19-2016 06:24 PM

I still haven't heard anything back from anyone needing these items. I also contacted Immerman Angels and waiting to hear back from them also..

Jen 04-22-2016 01:13 PM

Still in the process of donating items of my Mom's to someone in need. I have been putting some feelers out there no replies so far. Please comment on this thread or PM me if interested. I would love to see these items go to a good home with someone who can use them. Thanks- Jen