HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Sign Petition to Stop Delay of the GP2 Vaccine (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62307)

europa 12-16-2014 11:29 AM

Re: Sign Petition to Stop Delay of the GP2 Vaccine

I'm going in Feb for my booster and draw. My nurse said everything is running normally

rhondalea 12-16-2014 11:59 AM

I hope it stays that way for the patients who are enrolled. It may be there were sufficient supplies to cover those who were in the program. It may also be that there is action behind the scenes to keep things running for the current enrollees until the court decides or there is a settlement. But the order isn't just an order or a history of the case, it's also a history of the vaccine trial itself, and until this is settled, GP2 is limping.

'lizbeth 12-16-2014 01:06 PM

Europa,

Sounds like much ado about nothing. It hasn't affected me in the clinical trial. I enrolled after the lawsuit and did the entire trial.

I doubt that this has much to do with the GP2 trial.
I'm sure this ties back to the discussion about the KRAS variant. I had no idea it would stir up such a ta-do. I was just sharing information that I hoped would advance standard of care.

Post all you want. The GP vaccine trial is moving forward despite the postings. Happy to have participated.

rhondalea 12-16-2014 01:23 PM

For the record, Phil did not participate in the discussion of the KRAS-variant study, and I doubt he even followed the thread, because it's not his area of interest.

I first heard about this petition on the Facebook site, so I logged into PACER, downloaded the order and the current appellate docket, and I made them available to anyone who had an interest in a more detailed understanding of the current status of the GP2 vaccine.

For myself, I do not care about the vaccine because I am not a trial participant. For those who want an opportunity to try the vaccine, I care deeply, which is why I signed the petition, even though I'm not confident it will help given the amount of money at stake in the litigation.

This is the second time you've made a totally baseless accusation about my motivations, 'lizbeth. Don't do it again.

europa 12-16-2014 06:01 PM

I think that every participating hospital received enough supplies for the number of participants to complete Phase II. That is what I was told. The only thing that gets sent out to Walter Reed is blood to see how people are responding to the vaccine.
I do know that my hospital has yet to hear if there will be a phase III. Looks like that part is kind of in limbo. The whole situation sounds sad and completely bureaucratic to me. But thankfully those that are enrolled will continue to benefit from the phase II.

rhondalea 12-16-2014 06:37 PM

That makes sense, europa. The hospital where I'm doing the metformin study has a closet full of five years' worth of giant pill bottles.

Norwell won't be in a position to put anything into play until it has all the documentation from the HJF, but the language of the arbitration award indicates it is eager to forge ahead with GP2 research. I have no idea how Norwell will deal with the premature termination of recruiting in Phase II, but the sooner the case is settled, the sooner it can patch the holes and get on with the research. Then it will be onward to Phase III.

phil 12-17-2014 01:48 PM

thanks for confirmation that enrollment requirements were not met , and i have heard that hjf still has data paperwork that norwell needs . . all info that should be looked into - i am neither pro norwell nor anti - hjf/dr p. - but pro - stage iv pt. none of these entities have the sense of urgency that stage iv requires - their lack of urgency is nothing personal , just their timetable is not ours. if they had an immediate family mbr w/ strong her2 overexpression - at dx or metastatic - they would be pushing for as quick a process as possible.
i dont think you have to fill very slot to move on to phase III, hopefully these entities wil settle and get going on to next phase .

Dakini52 12-27-2014 09:20 PM

Signed. Thanks Phil.

Catia 12-28-2014 09:48 AM

I too am a participant in the GP2 vaccine trial and have been told to continue to come (last month and again in April 2015) to complete my booster shots. I was also aware that down at MD Anderson they did fill all the slots for their portion of the trial...that being said, I am not sure about the legal responsibilities of studies to continue with the enrolled subjects once they have started?

I strongly feel that there are different ways to advocate. Whether you try to enroll yourself to contribute and move studies along or whether you raise awareness and organize to be heard or put pressure on companies or the public are just different ways to go about it. I think we all want the same in the end: A cure and access for all to get it!
I think you all are such effective and strong resource to all of us,...keep up the fight on ALL levels and thank you!

Dakini52 12-28-2014 01:44 PM

Wow Carol Ann, as long as I've been a member I didn't know there was a Facebook page. Just asked to become a member of the group. Can anyone explain what this lawsuit is about?

rhondalea 12-28-2014 03:48 PM

I'm not Carol Ann, but...

The Facebook page is new. europa started it the last time this site went down for several days so we'd all have somewhere to go if it happened again. Anyone else who is interested and who hasn't seen the post about it can look it up on Facebook with "Her2support." Currently, there are 84 members.

As for explaining the lawsuit, it might make more sense if you read the original order linked in an earlier thread. The bottom line is an agreement that didn't work out quite as anyone planned, followed by a disagreement about who owes what to whom. For details, though, the order is the best source.

phil 01-09-2015 12:09 PM

Norwell won the appeal ! The Federal Appeals Court threw out the Henry " Scoop " Jackson Foundations' appeal in very succinct fashion . Now we will see if HJF will expeditiously turn over the data to Norwell so the Phase III trial can begin : http://www.ca4.uscourts.gov/Opinions...d/141580.U.pdf

sassy 01-09-2015 04:44 PM

Great news Phil!!!!!

Keep up the good work!

Dakini52 01-09-2015 06:35 PM

fyi - just saw this on another blog and thought I would pass it along. good news for the GP2 vaccine? http://www.ca4.uscourts.gov/Opinions...d/141580.U.pdf

Dakini52 01-09-2015 09:24 PM

Wanted to clarify that the previous post refers to the court decision in favor of Norwell on 1/8/15 :-)

donocco 01-12-2015 03:19 AM

Signed

Paul

Rosalie 02-09-2015 10:13 AM

I am trying to contact Norwell directly about this to try and get new info. I can't find them online though, which is very weird. Does anyone know the best way to reach them?

phil 02-10-2015 09:35 AM

last I heard , after losing 2 court cases , HJF was still dragging out turning over data , and Dr. P is gone to Galena Pharma. will update when I get more info.

Rosalie 02-10-2015 03:47 PM

That's the last I heard too but it looks as is Norwell is no longer in business from the research I've done: http://www.corporationwiki.com/Texas.../39290919.aspx