HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Sheila has earned her wings (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56789)

Jen 12-10-2012 12:27 PM

Sheila has earned her wings

My Mom passed away today. She lost the battle but won the war for her cancer is nevermore. Thanks for all the love and support you have given to her through the years. At this time I would ask for all of you to perform a random of kindness is honor of Sheila's kind and caring spirit.

Love,
Jennifer

sarah 12-10-2012 12:35 PM

Re: Sheila has earned her wings

Hello Jennifer,
I am so sorry to hear this news. Sheila was a special part of this site, she is greatly missed. My deepest sympathy to you and your family.
hugs and love
sarah

BonnieR 12-10-2012 12:41 PM

Thank you for sharing your journey with us. What a wonderful way to remember, with an act of kindness.
Keep the faith.

Ceesun 12-10-2012 12:49 PM

Jen, My heartfelt sympathies to you and yours. May I say, no battle lost for Sheila....she IS a winner in every way....always. She is in God's hands now. Ceesun

StephN 12-10-2012 12:50 PM

Glad to hear our dear Sheila is no longer suffering. There is a giving tree in our local Towne Center, where I shall put gifts for the needy in Sheila's name.

Jen -
Now it comes time for you to rebuild your life without your mom's physical presence. Just always remember that her spirit is with you, and you will feel her soft touch on your shoulder from time to time. Be open to "loving presences" and they will reveal themselves.

Vicky 12-10-2012 12:53 PM

I'm profoundly sorry for your loss~ my deepest condolences to you and your family. Sheila was a beautiful warrior spirit whose insight and wisdom gave me such hope when I was first diagnosed. Prayers for comfort and peace as you mourn the loss of your beloved mom. Will most definitely do an act of kindness with your mom in mind!

Kellennea 12-10-2012 01:00 PM

Jen,
I am so sorry for your loss. I try and do acts of kindness every day, today it will be in your Mom's memory and I will say a prayer for her and also for you.

Kelly

ammebarb 12-10-2012 01:04 PM

You and your family are in my prayers, Jen. I am so very sorry for your loss .

Barb A.

mmoons 12-10-2012 01:31 PM

So, so, so sad...

Stay well, Jen.

Love,
Maureen

KristinSchwick 12-10-2012 01:51 PM

Jen, Sorry to hear about your Mom- she will be missed. Like StephN said, now is the time to try and learn what it is like to have a parent in spirit. My own Mom died 2 years ago this spring- and I've learned to share my life with her as best I can though I can't see or hear her words. She is always with you because you are a part of her. God bless,

vballmom 12-10-2012 02:08 PM

Jen, my heart breaks for you. I don't post much but read all the time. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

chrisy 12-10-2012 02:48 PM

Jen,
Steph as usual has said it all so well. Your mom had/has such a strong spirit and I will always hold her close in my heart. I also will be open to her loving touches.

Sheila, I promise to be kinder than necessary - not just today, but from here forward.

MikeF 12-10-2012 02:52 PM

So sorry to hear this, I can see her now skipping down streets of gold. I too can attest to the very real presence in my life of both my parents after their passing. Take care Jen you are never alone.

Hopeful 12-10-2012 02:53 PM

Jen,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Thank you for being our link to Sheila when she could no longer keep in touch with us herself. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Hopeful

Pray 12-10-2012 02:58 PM

Gods Blessings to you Jen and your beautiful daughter Jasmine. May the peace of the Lord be with you always. Your mother will be missed so. Perpetual light will shine upon her always. If ever there is anything I can do please don't hesitate. You and your entire family are in my prayers. Peace. Your friend, Nancy

rhondalea 12-10-2012 03:03 PM

If my daughter loves and honors me even half as much as you have loved and honored your mother, Jen, it will be more than enough.

I am so glad she is out of pain now, but I will miss her voice here. From this day onward, when I'm given the opportunity to perform random acts of kindness, I will do them with Sheila in my heart and mind.

Pamelamary 12-10-2012 03:05 PM

Jennifer - very sad news, and my thoughts are with you and your family. I hope to honour your mother's brave spirit more than once in Melbourne.
Warm wishes..... Pam

Mandamoo 12-10-2012 03:07 PM

Jen I am so sorry to here of your loss and the loss to our community here.
Your Mum continues to inspire many of us and I too like Pam will be performing acts of kindness down here in Melbourne to honour her.
A xx

AlaskaAngel 12-10-2012 03:22 PM

Sheila, you held your arms around all of us with your wisdom, and you are deeply missed.

Thank you Jen for being our link to Sheila when she could no longer come here herself. May you find her again and again in spirit in the days to come.

A.A.

Paty 12-10-2012 03:28 PM

I am so sorry to hear this. Sheila is now a free being and in the presence of God. Jen, sending you hugs on this terrible physical detachment. Prayers are sending to you and your family in my behalf. Hugs.

With all my love,

Paty