HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Need some feed back from other stage IV sisters (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58079)

pibikay 05-12-2013 07:00 AM

Need some feed back from other stage IV sisters

Hema is showing improvement.Navelbin is effective and the breast is healing She is able to swallow now.Though with difficulty,The main cause for concern is a bit of loss of memory and not able to say or control her bodily movments.I am using Adult diapers now and taking her to the bathroom every 2 hours in the day time and twice at night.
My request for feed back is only on the loss of memory and controlling her bodily system. Her last PET in June 2012 disclosed advanced scelorisis in the spine than the one in 2011.
Hema's onc says that the loss of memory etc are the side effects of the WBR she had in Feb'Mar 2012.Her recent brain CT shows normal study indicating that the lesion has calcified.
I read during googling that spine mets also reflect such brain reactions like loss of memory lack of control etc.
I request you to share your experiences in that line
Praying for all of you

Mtngrl 05-12-2013 11:55 AM

Re: Need some feed back from other stage IV sisters

I haven't had experience with that, but I wanted to acknowledge that I read your request. I'm so sorry you and Hema are going through this.

I'm sure you're doing all you can.

Paty 05-12-2013 02:51 PM

PBK, no info on my behalf, just wanting to let you know that I am praying for Hema's wellbeing and you too. Hugs.

ElaineM 05-12-2013 02:55 PM

I wonder if Hema's oncologist can get together with a good urologist and figure out how to control her elimination a little better?
Some chemos and other medicines can affect the bladder. Ask the oncologist or urologist about this.
Take good care of yourselves.
As always we are wishing you and Hema the best.

KsGal 05-13-2013 09:45 AM

I don't have spinal mets, I do have brain mets and had whole brain radiation. I am having difficulties with my memory and concentration and communicating. I have difficulty when I am talking finding the right words, and often I forget what I am trying to say. I was told this was damage from the whole brain radiation.
I would also take Elaine's advice and see if you can get in to see a good urologist. Im so happy Hema is showing improvement, but Im sorry you are still dealing with these issues. Many prayers for you and Hema.

ElaineM 05-13-2013 02:36 PM

I am wondering if Hema's spine issues can be affecting her bladder too?
If the spine issues are in the lower back to the rear of her pelvis where the bladder and muscles that control the bladder are located the spine issues could also be contributing to the bladder issues as well as drugs can be affecting her bladder.
Contact a good urologist who can work with Hema's oncologist to uncover and possibily resolve the problems.
Take care.

tricia keegan 05-13-2013 04:16 PM

I have no advice sadly but will be wishing Hema well!

pibikay 05-14-2013 03:06 AM

Thank you all.
It is not only the passing of urine but also the bowel movements.
For the last 2 days there is some improvement.She indicates when she wants to go to the wash room.But is finding it difficult to control.But her mentioning is an IMPROVMENT.Her swallowing has also improved.She cannot remember what happened a few minutes back but can recall what happened ages ago.Hoping it will get better soon

Pray 05-14-2013 06:06 AM

Hema and you PBK are in my prayers always. I pray you will find the right answers to help Hema be comfortable. I think you are a wonderful man. Your love for Hema is breath taking. Peace my friend