HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   FIVE & 1/2 years NED in my head (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=44946)

StephN 04-29-2010 07:29 PM

FIVE & 1/2 years NED in my head

I would like to add to the string of posts with postive news.

After having 2 tumors found in my brain in January of 2003, I now have joined the Five Year Brain Mets Club.

My rad onc looked me in the eye today and said, "You know you are in a very special group."

I replied,"Yes, something like 2% or less." He said, "Or less."

He seemed to be trying to see right into me to fathom the reason for my success against my cancer. Especially since he knows I have been off Herceptin for 18 months now.

Have blood work and scans again in mid-June, which will take me up near my 10 year mark of diagnosis. Very hard to believe!

caya 04-29-2010 07:38 PM

Re: FIVE & 1/2 years NED in my head

Big congrats Steph!!

all the best
caya

Kim in DC 04-29-2010 07:52 PM

Congrats Steph!!!

schoolteacher 04-30-2010 06:01 AM

Congratulations Stephanie. You know you are my hero too. I could not have done the vaccine without you.

Amelia

Ellie F 04-30-2010 06:04 AM

Well done Steph. You offer hope that we can beat this thing! Big thanks also to Christine and Joe for their work running this online group.

Ellie

Joe 04-30-2010 10:25 AM

I had always suspected that there was nothing there.

GREAT NEWS !!

Regards
Joe

CourtneyL 04-30-2010 10:36 AM

You are an inspiration Steph. You and Christine both. You give me so much hope. I hope to be in the 5 year club myself one of these days. I've got 4 years to go but with hope and faith, I will get there. Someday that percentage will be much MUCH higher. Thank you for continuing to inspire so many of us. I wish that when I initially Googled "brain mets breast cancer survival" your picture and story would have popped up instead of all of the other grim stuff out there. These stories of success need to be told. And I am glad this website is here for us to tell them.

ElaineM 04-30-2010 11:28 AM

This is certainly great news !!!!!!!! Keep up the good work. Whatever you are doing is working.

Shobha 04-30-2010 11:59 AM

Great news, Steph! Wishing you many many more NED years.

hugs,
shobha

chrisy 04-30-2010 02:50 PM

Steph - Way to go! I was going to say what Joe did, but the truth is there is definitely SOMETHING special going on there...

tricia keegan 04-30-2010 03:56 PM

Wonderful news Steph, many congrats to you!!!!! xx

Ceesun 04-30-2010 04:59 PM

Absolutely terrific news!!! Ceesun

krisvell 04-30-2010 05:13 PM

Steph
I am so very happy for you. I wish you many, many, many more years of NED. When I first logged onto this site last year, I read many of your posts and they gave be great hope. Now, you are sharing again with some very good news. Sending hugs your way.
Kris....

Gerri 04-30-2010 06:33 PM

Great news Steph! You are a source of strength and an inspiration to all of us here. I am thrilled you are doing so well.

misquam42 04-30-2010 06:41 PM

Your a a true survivor.... congratulations and best wishes.
Pat

Jean 04-30-2010 10:26 PM

Steph,
That is wonderful news and makes us all feel so good.
I am thrilled for you.

What a very special day to hear great news.
Keep it coming.
Hugs,
jean

ammebarb 05-01-2010 06:17 AM

Steph, your post gave me goosebumps and made my eyes sting! I am so very pleased that you continue to do so well. When I get scared for my sis, I come here to be encouraged and inspired. As my oncologist used to say, "Keep up the good work!"

Barb A.

lkc Gumby 05-01-2010 03:25 PM

Congratulations Steph. You are amazing !!

Bill 05-01-2010 07:18 PM

Congratulations, Steph, and thanks for all you do for all of us. You are truly one of a kind and very special. Just last night Joe and I were grilling out (he likes his ribeye steak medium rare with 2 or 3 pieces of bacon laid across the top and if you really want to impress him serve it to him with a small side of chimichurri sauce. Whenever I cook for Joe I like to have a "fake steak" that I flip around alot just for show, you know, with alot of sizzle and pizzazz. He loves that sizzle. He looks every time.) He looked up at the sky, took a healthy swig of his gin and tonic, and said, "you know, Bill, that StephN is one hell of a gal. Hey! You're not overcooking that steak are you?" I jumped a foot in the air. For those who don't know Joe, you never, ever want to overcook his steak. "No, Joe, it's gonna be just perfect, just like last Saturday, honest! Yeah, I agree, StephN is a real sweetie." "Ok then, Bill, I think it's time that you brought that steak over here and oh, yeah, PM Steph for me and tell her congratulations"

sassy 05-01-2010 07:59 PM

Steph,

What a wonderful inspiration you are, and what a wonderful person to continue to share your story of hope and joy to so many who need that hope.

May you remain forever NED!