HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Sheila has earned her wings (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56789)

Mary Anne in TX 12-10-2012 07:41 PM

Re: Sheila has earned her wings

Bless you Jen. Whatever blessing you need day to day, may you receive it. Thank you for sharing with us the past few weeks. Sheila will always be loved and missed.

DanaRT 12-10-2012 08:05 PM

Jen, Carry with you the love and wonderfulness your mother gave you. I was privileged to spend a weekend with your mother in 2009(?) at Breastfest. My gosh, I so respected her knowledge and compassion of Her2. At that time, I was convinced I needed to be in a Neratnib trial. Sheila was a wealth of information including the correct pronunciation(!)...we laughed at the way I said the word. Gone too soon, tremendously honored to have known such a wonderful woman. Glad her fight is over, extremely sad that you've lost your momma. I truly repsected her. xo

lexigirl 12-10-2012 08:12 PM

Dear Jen,

Please accept my sincere condolences. I am very sorry for you and your family's loss of a wonderful mother.

Sincerely,
Lexi

evergreen 12-10-2012 08:24 PM

How brave your mother was. And such a role model.
She raised a faithful and loving daughter.
My greatest sympathy....

JillaryJill 12-10-2012 08:33 PM

Rest in Peace Dear Sheila. May God hold you in his arms and welcome you to the paradise of eternal life in Heaven. Love and prayers for Jen....your mother lives on through you.

Cathya 12-10-2012 08:46 PM

Jen;

I am so sorry to hear that you have lost your beloved mother. Sheila was a valued and wonderful gift to all of us and will be dearly missed....but not more than by her family so be assured that we will honour and remember her and think of those she left behind into the future. God bless.

Cathy

mamacze 12-10-2012 08:47 PM

Awwww, Jen; I am just heartbroken to hear that your loving kind hearted mom; faithful councilor to many many of us has passed on. May your family be blessed with her lingering love for you and Jazzy. May her kindness continue to pass forward through our members around the world. May she rest; pain free and joy filled while she watches you, Jazzy and your family with love and that twinkle in her eye. Having Sheila on earth was a blessing for all who touched her. God Bless you Jen and may you feel again the joy of your precious mom's everlasting love.
Love and hugs and love and hugs, Kim from CT

Mtngrl 12-10-2012 09:00 PM

Dear Jen,

I'm so sorry. I wish with all my heart you could have been spared the pain of this loss.

Thank you for keeping our community informed and sharing this time with us. Thank you, also, for trusting us with your feelings and reaching out. I hope we were able to help you.

My mom died a long time ago. I still feel her presence sometimes, though. I know she's helping me as much as she can. I see her in my children.

Sheila's strength, compassion, wisdom, and kindness will live on. She was such a good friend to so many of us.

I like the random act of kindness idea. I agree that the best way to honor Sheila's memory is to make a practice of being kinder than necessary. Everyone is, indeed, fighting some kind of battle.

I hope you will remember that we love you too and will help you any way that we can.

Stay in the light,
Amy

bejuce 12-10-2012 09:45 PM

I am so heartbroken to hear this. Sheila was one of the first ones to help me on this site and I'll never forget her loving smile. My prayers and thoughts are with your family at this difficult time.

SoCalGal 12-10-2012 11:29 PM

Dear Jen,
I am so sorry for your loss. Your mom was an inspiration - I always looked up to her in her grace and steady attitude in fighting this disease. May her memory comfort you and your family.

michka 12-11-2012 02:18 AM

Dear Jen, your Mom will be in my heart for ever. I am just one of the numerous persons she helped with her strength and kindness. Take care of yourself and of your family. Oh we will miss her so much! Michka

Ellie F 12-11-2012 04:27 AM

Oh Jen, so very sad to hear this news.your mum was a wonderful generous kind hearted person who helped so many to hang onto hope in times of desperation. I feel your loss and the pain it brings and hope that time will ease your grief a little. Your mum was so proud to have a daughter like you that I know she will be looking down on you with love everyday.
Hugs
Ellie

tricia keegan 12-11-2012 06:53 AM

My sincere sympathy to you Jen and to all your family at this very sad time, Sheila will be so badly missed here by all of us. xx

chrisy 12-11-2012 11:55 AM

I received a message this morning I wanted to share with you.

Like Sheila did, I have been getting up and leaving in the predawn hours for the 75 mile drive for chemo (mine is at UCSF) for years.

This morning on my way out I walked into the driveway to get the paper. It was cold and clear and of course very dark. I couldn't pick up the paper because, when I looked down, I saw that I was standing on it! When I finally figured out how to get my foot off the newspaper (ok, I don't drink coffee before the 1 1/2 hour drive). I grabbed it and stood up to see the brightest shooting star I had ever seen. Usually I wonder if I had imagined seeing it...but not this time. It soared brightly and almost purposefully for what seemed like several seconds and covered at least four inches of looking-at-the-sky distance. Doesn't sound like much when I say it like that, but it was a long way.

My mouth dropped open and I actually gasped when I saw it. Then unbidden, two words burst from my mouth all alone out in the driveway: THANKYOU. and SHEILA.

Here in the infusion room 5 hours later it sounds sort of WOO WOO and a bit Santa Cruz-y. But that's exactly what happened.

I love Sheila like a sister and will miss her dearly...but now I will always think of her soaring across the early morning sky. And somehow tricking me into stepping on the newspaper so I would look up at just the right moment to see it.

karen z 12-11-2012 12:54 PM

Thank you Chrisy for telling us this. Sheila was/is spectacular and powerful.

Jen 12-11-2012 01:33 PM

Sheila's husband my brother, sister and I met at the funeral home to go over final arrangements I asked if Mom had been creamated yet and they said "No she is downstairs" I asked if I could see her one last time they said yes so I got to kiss her one last time and touch her face and tell her how much she is loved and will be missed. She looked like she was sleeping and at peace.

Paty 12-11-2012 02:53 PM

She is sleeping and at peace my dear Jen, be sure of that.

Adriana Mangus 12-11-2012 03:00 PM

Dear Jen,

I'm sorry for your loss.

Your Mom was a very special lady, she meant a lot to me and to a lot of women on this site. She will forever be remembered and never forgotten.

I'll be more than happy to provide a gift in your Mom's name.

Love,

Adriana

Adriana Mangus 12-11-2012 03:04 PM

Dear Jen,

What a beautiful way to say goodbye to your Mom,
her spirit however remains on Earth.

Think of the happy moments you two spend together, what food she loved the most, movies, music, etc. Talking about our loved ones likes and dislikes its a beautiful way to keep their presence in our lives and it sure brings comfort to our heart.

Hugs,

Adriana

sassy 12-11-2012 03:22 PM

Sheila was a warm and loving spirit that will continue to be so as she moves on to the joys of heaven.

She will be greatly missed.