HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   I'm leaving on a jet plane... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=25689)

madubois63 10-13-2006 05:53 AM

I'm leaving on a jet plane...

Actually, it's a small 4 passenger private plane...I am off on my next adventure!! I am leaving Monday morning for Buffalo. Taking an Angel Flight (free) by myself. Got labs and then a dentist appointment to do that day. Staying at Hope Lodge (also free through the American Cancer Society) until I get admitted on Saturday. On Tuesday, I have to get an EKG, chest x-ray, see a social worker, nutritionist and the physical therapist. Wednesday, my sister is coming in for the family meeting. Thursday, is the caregiver meeting. More labs and they are replacing my Hickman catheter on Friday (I am NOT happy about that!!!). I get admitted on Saturday and chemo starts and goes until my sons birthday on the 26th :( The transplant is scheduled for the 27th. I'm freaking out a little, tears come easy when I look at my kids (ugh - I wish that would stop). My mind is racing about all the things that need to be done before I leave...I have been meaning to write everyone, but I run around all day like a chicken without it's head and then pass out the second I sit down. I had to get my car inspected so it would be ready when I get back and not illegal, I had to bring the dog to the vet for his shots, I replaced ceiling fans (one sparked/went on fire the last time I was in the hospital), I have to shop, cook, clean and pay the bills, cancel deliveries and appointments...ugh!! I'm going to need the hospital stay just for the rest!! I will try and stay in touch. I expect to be in Buffalo about 2 months - ugh!! This is 8 hours away from my home and I don't expect to see my kids, dog or many friends during this time. Please pray for my mom to hold up through all of this. She is taking care of my kids, the house, my dog, my nephews when my sister comes to visit and her own life...Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes!! I could not get through this without all of you!!!

Ora 10-13-2006 06:04 AM

I am praying for you and your family. I don't post much but I read a lot of the posts and you are a strong, beautiful woman and I am so glad you have the family support you need. Wishing you the best from my heart and soul.

MCS 10-13-2006 06:36 AM

Best of luck Maryann. You have struggled for this and God has placed this for yu to get well. I am sure of this.

Lots of thoughts for your transplant and recovery

MCS ( maria)

nitewind 10-13-2006 06:58 AM

Maryann, as I've said many times, you amaze me! I am so very proud of you even though we've never met. You deserve the absolute best of everything, I wish I were closer to you, I'd tag along and do anything I could to help you. There are a lot of cancer sisters and a lot of cancer stories here, but you, you dear sweet woman, are my inspiration. I pray for you constantly and I will keep your mom in my prayers as well. I'll be praying for you every step of the way and I'm sure when we all start storming heaven with our prayers, He will hear us.
I love you as a sister
Susan

Cynthia 10-13-2006 07:19 AM

Maryann,

What you go through, we all go through. Truly, we are all bonded together in our collective fights. I join the others on the Board in wishing you strength, peace and great success with your procedure. Please know you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Cynthia

Vi Schorpp 10-13-2006 07:30 AM

I wish you well..."Let go and let God" is hard to practice, but there are times when you need to sit back and let others help you. I will pray for your mom, your sister and your children. I will pray mostly for you though. You are a strong and courageous person, and you've handled everything so well. Although at a distance, we'll never leave your side! Be Well!

pattyz 10-13-2006 07:58 AM

Maryann,
Dear beautiful lady..... I hope you will use these next few days before your flight to TAKE CARE of YOU and play, laugh (cry) with your darling kids. Pack your emotional bag full with these moments and memories... to last you the full two months you'll be away!

Once again, hoping hard you'll be treated with compassion and kindness your entire stay and throughout treatments.
Wrapping you in warm thoughts,
with love,
pattyz

Mary Anne in TX 10-13-2006 08:40 AM

Hi Maryann!

I'm praying for you, your mom, kids, dog, etc. that this 2 months is a special time for them because they know it is a time that is meant for healing you.
God bless you and your family and may you receive the peace and courage needed each step of the way.
You're already blessing me!
mary anne

TriciaK 10-13-2006 11:01 AM

Maryann, What can I add but my love and prayers! You are such an inspiration to all of us in every way. We will all be praying for you and your family. Hugs, Tricia

tousled1 10-13-2006 11:21 AM

MaryAnn,

You are truly an inspiration to us all. I'm so happy that your transplant is finally go to take place. You are truy blessed. Wishing you a speedy recovery. You should be home in time for a real Holiday celebration.

jener8er 10-13-2006 12:52 PM

Good luck Maryann, I'm sure the time will fly by and you'll be back with your kids in no time. Just think how spoiled they will be by then!
We'll all be thinking of you and hope you can check in from Buffalo.
Good luck,
Jen

RhondaH 10-13-2006 12:59 PM

Good luck Maryann

and may your transplant be successful and your recovery swift. Huggs. Take care and God bless.

Rhonda

mts 10-13-2006 01:43 PM

Its amazing how much love and life you have orbiting you... You're special. Hope all goes well and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Maria (MTS)

Barbara H. 10-13-2006 02:12 PM

Maryann,
My thoughts will be with you and I am hoping that all will go well. You are a true inspiration.
Best wishes,
Barbara

bobbiw 10-13-2006 02:20 PM

Wishing you the best Maryann and a speedy recovery.

Bobbi

vickie h 10-13-2006 03:57 PM

Good Luck, Maryann, Take pictures of your children and thoughts of our love with you. I'm glad you're here to say Ugh! We are all your sisters and we will be there holding your hand, keeping watch through the night, circled in prayer around you at all times. Much love, Vickie H

koolbreeze 10-13-2006 04:08 PM

Best wishes...we will all be thinking of you. Kool

lu ann 10-13-2006 05:44 PM

Dear Maryann, I will be praying for you and all your caregivers as you travel this journey. God Bless You and Your Family. Love. Lu Ann.

Vanessa 10-13-2006 06:05 PM

Hi Mary Ann,

I too, will be praying for you and your family during this time. You are a strong and courageous women and I applaud you. You are a true inspiration and I look forward to hearing how this experience went after your sucessful surgery. I will continue to think of you and pray for you during this time. Best wishes!

Audrey 10-13-2006 06:13 PM

Maryann, I'll keep you and your family in my prayers and hope for the best during your stay in Buffalo. Wish I could meet you and give you a hug and tell you everything will be okay...I remember when I was at my lowest point during this cancer ordeal and I, too, would look at my kids and just cry...I hope you can feel all the love we have for you on this board --we're all pulling for you!