HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   The Power of Prayer - for Courtney - Please join me (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52724)

mmoons 01-03-2012 06:08 PM

The Power of Prayer - for Courtney - Please join me

Hi friends-

I have been away from the internet for most of the holiday. But came back to Courtney's update. And, like all of you, my heart is so heavy.

Being a firm believer in the power of prayer, I wonder if we could designate a time to lift her up. Please participate in whatever it is that you believe...prayer, healing thoughts, warm light...the thing that you each believe in. For me it is the extrodinary devine power of Jesus, the great healer.

I propose 8:00 tomorrow night. Whoever is able and willing, please let us all stop what we are doing and hold Courtney in our hearts and prayers at the same time.

Love to you all,
Maureen

adelay 01-03-2012 06:27 PM

Re: The Power of Prayer - for Courtney - Please join me

What an uplifting and wonderful idea...count me in!

Laurel 01-03-2012 07:39 PM

Nice. I've put it in my Outlook reminder! I am so forgetful these days....but I want to be there for a cosmic assault on the gates of hell that is Courtney's cancer! I am girding my loins for battle and putting on my knee pads for supplication before the almighty.

rhondalea 01-03-2012 08:04 PM

I'm in. It's a great idea.

P.S. You're Central time, right? So that'll be 9 pm Eastern, 7 pm Mountain and 6 pm Pacific.

chrisy 01-03-2012 09:27 PM

I'll be standing, or I should say kneeling, with you all.

7andcounting 01-03-2012 09:32 PM

Maureen, awesome idea. I will be on my knees praying for Courtney. Thank you for coming up with the idea of coming together to lift up and support Courtney through prayer, all together.

chemteach 01-03-2012 09:33 PM

Great idea. I will gladly participate.

bejuce 01-03-2012 11:30 PM

Hi Maureen,

This is wonderful! Thanks for suggesting it! I'll
forward the link to our local support group as well.

Hugs,

Marcia

KsGal 01-04-2012 12:47 AM

I can definitely do this...lots of prayers and positive energy going out for Courtney.

mmoons 01-04-2012 05:58 AM

Rhondalea, great question...I am in Michigan now so I was thinking 8:00 Eastern time.

Thank you

Sheila 01-04-2012 06:41 AM

Maureen
So that will be 7 Central....count me in to add my prayers for Courtney...the power of prayer can work miracles~~~

Ellie F 01-04-2012 07:07 AM

Hi
Will be joining you from across the pond once I have worked out the time difference!

I know the time difference with San Francisico and the UK but which time zone is that for you girls in America??

Hope somebody can help me out?

Ellie

karen z 01-04-2012 03:37 PM

Will be with everyone tonight.
karen z

Paula O 01-04-2012 05:28 PM

Great idea! :) I'll be joining you all in praying for dear Courtney and then will be lifting up everybody in this forum in prayer as well--great to know God knows everything there is to know about each of us personally and that He is able to do infinately more than we could ask or think.

Love,

Paula

“Prayers are instantly noticed in heaven. Wherever there’s a heart big with sorrow. Or a lip quivering with agony. Or a deep groan of sadness, the heart of God is open.” Charles Spurgeon

Ephesians 3:20
Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think....

chrisy 01-04-2012 05:39 PM

Ellie,
San Francisco (PST) is 3 hours behind Eastern time. So if diff between UK and PST is what, 8 hours? it would be 5 hours difference between UK and EST. 20 minutes from NOW.

chrisy 01-04-2012 05:41 PM

And thanks, Paula, I think we can all use some prayers!

ElaineM 01-05-2012 10:45 AM

I prayed for Courtney when I thought it was a good time to pray. I live in the middle of the ocean, so the time differences don't mean much to me unless I have to make a phone call to the "mainland".
Hey Paula I like your idea of praying for the whole group. I can do that. If we all try to do that it will help everyone of us.

Vicky 01-05-2012 12:34 PM

Great idea! Count me in! I'll definitely lift Courtney's name up along with all of you. She has been in many of my prayers already- but to have her name lifted in unison by all of us will be powerful!

Ellie F 01-05-2012 01:34 PM

Thanks for the help Chrisy. With you all in prayer.

Ellie