HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Ragini, the light of my life is gone. (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31248)

Ragini26 11-23-2007 02:40 AM

Ragini, the light of my life is gone.

Dear All,

It is with a desolate heart that I have to tell all of you that my wife, Ragini, passed away last Sunday after a 9-year battle with this disease. She went through virtually every treatment imaginable ranging from chemo to Herceptin, to radiation, to a craniotomy for a brain met, to a trial with Lapatinib. She did not get a single moment's respite during that time, not one period of remission. She fought for her two daughters

In the end, she succumbed to a lung infection which, exacerbated by lung mets, spread so fast that even her huge heart could no longer take the strain. She was having severe pain in her back and legs due to the bone mets in her spine and there were signs of leptomeningeal involvement.
My only solace is that she is no longer suffering.

She used to ask me why even though she had the disease, why she did not have even a 6 month or 1 year respite from the treatment. I couldn't answer her. I sure hope God can, because she is going to ask Him....

You guys were a big part of her support group. I know that when she felt down, she would log on and get together with her sisters. It took away some of the loneliness felt by someone fighting this disease.
My thanks to all of you, and I salute all the breast cancer survivors for your courage.
'Live long and prosper'.

Raj Ramanujam

R.B. 11-23-2007 03:06 AM

I am very sorry for your loss which you and your daughters must be feeling deeply.

RB

tricia keegan 11-23-2007 03:27 AM

So sorry

My very deepest condolences to you and your daughter's at this very sad news, it breaks my heart to hear another sister has lost the battle with this disease. May Ragini rest in peace.

ita 11-23-2007 06:03 AM

Dear Raj,

My condolences to your family. Know that you and your daughters are in our hearts and prayers.

Ita

Sheila 11-23-2007 06:36 AM

Dear Raj
My deepest sympathy in the loss of Ragini...she fought so valiantly to overcome this disease...you and your daughters are im my prayers...yet another angel to watch over us.

dhealey 11-23-2007 06:40 AM

My deepest sympathies to you and your daughters for the loss of your beautiful wife. May God wrap his loving arms around you and your daughters in your time of great need. Know that your wife is now an angel watching over all of us. May she rest in peace.

tousled1 11-23-2007 07:16 AM

Sincere sympathy to you and your daughters on the loss of your loving wife. She fought a very difficult battle. She is at peace now looking down on all of us. My prayers are with your family.

pattyz 11-23-2007 08:00 AM

Dearest Raj,

You are so right in that the only solace is the end of Ragini's suffering. And that is not near enough to ease your deep loss.... I'm so sorry.

I was always so glad to see a post from you or Ragini, yet it was always bittersweet as the content was of progression and 'what next?'. Never a break for her.

With my heartfelt condolences,
Warmest regards,
patty

fauxgypsy 11-23-2007 08:47 AM

I am so sorry. I know that you have a tear in your world that words can't fill.

Leslie

lilyecuadorian 11-23-2007 09:06 AM

Dear Rag

She used to ask me why even though she had the disease, why she did not have even a 6 month or 1 year respite from the treatment. I couldn't answer her. I sure hope God can, because she is going to ask Him....
I sure she will ask that to our Dear God ...who else will answer that question ...
I know that when she felt down, she would log on and get together with her sisters.
I kow in my heart that she will still log in from where she is right now and watching over us ..
this broke my heart deeply, and please accept my my deepest sympathy in the loss of Ragini and my prayers are with you and your family

SoCalGal 11-23-2007 09:41 AM

Thank you for posting to let us know. I am so sorry for the sad, sad news.

May you and your family be blessed with strength during this time of sorrow. --Flori

Jean 11-23-2007 09:59 AM

My deepest sympathy to you and your daughters. This is such a sad loss.
Please know that Ragini and your family will be in my prayers.

Jean

lexigirl 11-23-2007 11:18 AM

Dearest Raj,

Please accept my sympathy. I am sorry for the loss of your beloved and will keep you and your daughtes in my prayers.

Hugs and Prayers,
Lexi

hutchibk 11-23-2007 12:16 PM

What an amazing and brave woman. I know you were right there with her through everything. I have to suppose that God needed a very special angel to do some very important work. Blessings to you and your family. Please check in from time to time and let us know if you need our love and long distance hugs...

Julie2 11-23-2007 01:11 PM

Hi Raj,

I remember Ragini from her posts. I am so sorry to hear the news. My deepest condolences for you and the daughters.

Julie

StephN 11-23-2007 01:20 PM

Dear Raj and family -

Having recently lost a near and dear loved one, I feel the sting of your tears and the ache in your heart.

I remember Ragini coming to this site years ago when it was fairly new and Herceptin was the BIG news. She always managed to find a way to get the new drugs - even coming to this country for the Lapatinib trial. such perseverence and bravery - she was a great role model for this disease.

Surely she touched and made a difference to many in her cancer clinic over there. She never said so, but I think her doctors learned a thing or two from her fighting spirit. Ragini was a light to many she never met personally.

Mary Anne in TX 11-23-2007 02:41 PM

Oh, Raj, what pain you must be feeling and also, perhaps glad that your sweet wife feels none. I'm glad her suffering is over, but how do you console those left behind. I'm so very sorry for your loss. A true warrior...9 years of battle. Thank you for taking time to tell us. ma

Lolly 11-23-2007 03:46 PM

Dear Raj,

I am so sorry for your loss. Your beloved Ragini will remain in our hearts and we will carry on the fight for her. Thank you for telling us of her passing, and I will keep you and your daughters and family in my thoughts and prayers.

<3 Lolly

Kim in CA 11-23-2007 04:34 PM

Dear Raj,

It makes my heart so sad to hear of your loss, and there just aren't any words at a time like this. I will keep you and your daughters in my prayers.

Kim

TriciaK 11-23-2007 06:20 PM

It is heartbreaking to hear your sad news, and yet we are so grateful to you for letting us know. She was such a brave warrior and we all were deeply touched by her posts and by her strength and courage. We all prayed for her, as we pray for each other. We will pray now for you and for your daughters, that you may find comfort in remembering all that she was, and still is, now on another level. We will not forget her! Hugs, Tricia