HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Steroid Smackdown Round 3! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58284)

Andrea Barnett Budin 06-15-2013 04:05 PM

Re: Steroid Smackdown Round 3!

My thoughts of you, Neddy, and my prayers for you, are always with you...

And as usual, you are doing an outstanding job of working your way to wellness...! You never fail to amaze me, and to make me laugh out loud!! Ever grateful for that...

Andi

NEDenise 06-16-2013 12:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Friends!
Busy week ahead...

Avastin #4 tomorrow. Steroids down to 1mg/day!! I think I might be starting to "de-flate" - which is what inspired my choice of cartoon, below! I have to get in all my fat humor before steroids are a mere memory! :)

Brain MRI - at the crack of dawn - on Tuesday. Then right to the neurologist's office so he can read the "films" and give me the good news.
Funny...I've gotten so used to asking for a disk of the images when I get scanned...then viewing them and self diagnosing...Tuesday will feel weird. I won't have a chance to make up my mind before the expert tells me what he thinks. :)

Wednesday - nothing medical - unless retail therapy counts!

Thursday - CTs of everything except my brain - man I hate drinking that white glop! I've never read my own CT images before...but my onc is on vacation till Monday...so under the heading of "there's a first time for everything"...I'll learn by doing...and check out the CT disk myself.

Friday - I anticipate a bit of a celebration! Perhaps some sort of adult beverage...since steroids and liquor don't mix...it's been nearly 6 months since I've visited Margaritaville! (on the rocks, with salt - in case you're wondering)

I know several of us are having scans this week. And others are looking for new effective treatments. Please know I'll be praying for all of us this week! We need all the good news we can get!!

Sending love and healing energy to all of you!
Denise

Andrea Barnett Budin 06-16-2013 12:37 PM

Scales, mirrors, photographs -- and glass store windows. I am always taken aback when I see myself. Who is THAT?!, I first think. Then, THAT DOESN'T REALLY LOOK LIKE ME. (I am sooo much thinner in my mind...)

Nisey, I am with you. Tomorrow I see the surgeon. Tuesday is all about you. And Thursday. Isn't there a spare radiologist who can read your CTs and report?! Hard on your own. Hate my docs are out of town.

I plan on sipping wine, as you visit margaritaville, toasting to your health and newfound deflation. The cherubic look is kind of adorable you know.

When I look at old pix of myself, I think -- I was too thin. My face looks so long. And my mouth looks so big. And I had (note past tense) so much hair!!!!!! I am rounder now, happier than ever and far more serene.

Off to our family celebration of Dads -- Paul and two sons-in-law!!! They each surely deserve a whole day.

One grandchild is off at sleep away camp, so we'll be 10 (6 adults and 4 kids, ages 6,8, 9 and 16). Oh, and 7 dogs. The dogs always party with us... Love my granddogs too.

ANDI

Barbara H. 06-16-2013 01:19 PM

Hi Denise.
I am hoping that you hear good new. I do not have to drink the white stuff, although I did at the beginning. They offer other flavors that taste like juice. You should request that, If they don't offer it, perhaps you could request that they consider offering it.
I will be thinking of you.
Barbara H.

JillaryJill 06-16-2013 07:25 PM

Denise,
I had a margarita in your honor. Good luck this week! Prayers are being offered on your behalf.

dawny 06-16-2013 07:38 PM

Good luck Denny, we are waiting to hear your results, even if you don't get to interpret them first ( where's the fun in that?!)

Will have a nice drink with you too, Necey

Dawny. Xxxx

Cat 06-17-2013 09:25 AM

Hey Denise,
Right there with you and wishing you the best scans ever! I just had body scan late thur and MRI brain and neck late today. Never read my own scans but I have looked at them in amazement. This is my first brain scan so I hope they don't find it empty all together! Sitting on pins and needles and trying to decide whether to call on scan or wait till it's all done.
Hoping time flies for you waiting for doc to return.
Prayers to you,
Cathy

Cat 06-17-2013 04:22 PM

Best wishes for a great MRI tomorrow.

Bunty 06-18-2013 05:04 AM

Big hugs from me for a great result today (as I sip a lovely glass of Aussie red wine - can't do margaritas anymore!)
Cheers Marie

JennyB 06-18-2013 06:40 AM

Can't wait to have that celebratory drink with you later today - good luck xx