HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Herceptin / Tykerb (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Advice please (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48255)

hezzy 01-01-2011 05:37 PM

Advice please

Im beyond terried and I need super advise and any information I can get.

The other day I went into ER thinking that it was an ear infection. The doctor knowing my condition wanted a CTscan just incase it was more than ears. They gave me some pain medication and before I knew it I was resting intil I realized that I was being taken upstairs.
When I got upstairs they told me that there was something wrong and they saw fluid near 1/3 brain mets. tumor.
They ordered an MRI ASAP and told me there was a fluid build up around the tumor that was 3.4 ( long before the first radiation and CyberKnife .. Aug 09 it was near 4.00 mg) there are two more that have not been affected at ( 9mm,7mm to and from that date)
I went into panic and talked to the ONC.R.Dr and asked what could be done and he said due to the proir treatments they wouldn't be able to do them again on that area. He said that he was giving me steriods since the mass was liqued. He also said the brain was moving do to this. I was terried.

Right now I'm taking Tykerb, Herceptin, anti-E and Zometa. I asked him about taking Xeloda and he said Id have to talk to my ONC.DR Monday or Tuesday as soon as I could see her.
However, this morning another ONC.R.Dr came in telling me due to the chance of the brain movent along with it being liquid they could give me radiation again.

I'm not sure what to think or who to listen too ANY ADVICE PLEASE

chrisy 01-01-2011 07:24 PM

Re: Advice please

Hi Hezzy,
i'm afraid I'm not a brain mets expert by any means. I expect some of the gals with experience will chime in. I'll try to repost this with brain mets in the subject, so they will be more likely to spot it.

The only advice I have at the moment is this. Try to relax, breathe, and reduce the panic. Sounds like you are right now dealing with an acute situation, the fluid buildup that is causing symptoms. Let them deal with that and get it under control, then address the treatment questions. Clearly there is room for different opinions, and it is important to have the facts.

Sending calming thoughts and love your way,
Chris

Jackie07 01-03-2011 01:17 AM

Re: Advice please

Hezzy,

We are not doctors and can not give you the diagnosis. But from what you've written I'm guessing that the fluid is the cerebral spinal fluid that got pressured by the tumor and expanded to the wrong area of your head (eg. ear canal).

It's good that the doctor said they could do radiation. I've had several brain surgeries and I really think most of the brain problems can be taken care of these days. I'm sending you good vibes.