HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   1 Year cancer Free! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52032)

Kellennea 11-03-2011 02:37 PM

1 Year cancer Free!

Yesterday was my last Herceptin and today marks my 1st year cancer free.

My emotions are all across the board. Happy that I don't have to deal with all the pokes and prods and Drs visits every 3 weeks - BUT - sad at the me I ws last year, that I will never be again, also terrified that all my safety nets are gone. I feel like all of the support I had over the past year was just pulled out from underneath me.

Its been a rough road, so glad it's over (well, except for the tamoxifen)... hope it never returns! :) :)

ElaineM 11-03-2011 02:44 PM

Re: 1 Year cancer Free!

Congratulations. Thank you for sharing your happy news.

dawny 11-03-2011 03:33 PM

Fantastic, that's great news! Hopefully in time you will learn to relax those fears....

Dawn

chekmark 11-03-2011 03:47 PM

While I was having my herceptin treatment today I was thinking about you. I had hopefully my last muga also today. I hear ya sister, safety net, emotions. The holidays are fast approaching. Try to stay busy, decorate, shop and shop some more and try to focus on something other than cancer. I am told it just keeps getting easier. I have 1 more to go and then I will be joining you except for I still will be having surgery (reconstruction) in Dec.. We have no control over what happens now but you did everything that you needed to do and things look good. Stay strong. God Bless. Darlene

caya 11-03-2011 06:49 PM

It's your first cancerversary!! Big congrats - I remember feeling exactly how you did - and now I am 5, count'em 5 years out!!

It gets easier, with each passing day... I promise-:)

all the best
caya

Pray 11-03-2011 08:40 PM

Every day you will think about it a little bit less. Take advantage of every single day! God is good all of the time. You have received a great blessing. I was a afraid also and as each day passed my hopes were lifted. Much of it from all of the posts on this site. So you will be the one telling the new gals. It really does get better. (The worrying part). Let go and let god. I know this is easier said than done. Gods blessings to you! Please know that you are in my prayers.

Your Friend,

Nancy

NEDenise 11-04-2011 06:06 AM

Congratulations! I hope this is the first of many, many cancerversaries for you!

Give yourself time...If you can't regain 'all' of the pre-cancer you...I bet you get darn close!! You seem like a pretty strong and determined lady!

God bless you as you start year #2 of your cancer-free journey!
Denise

snolan 11-04-2011 06:50 AM

Congratulations on your cancerversery and a good clean bill of health. I had the same emotions when I finished my treatment, its kind of like a right of passage I guess that we all feel like our safety net has been removed. Here to many many more years of good health.

tricia keegan 11-04-2011 01:30 PM

Congratulations!!!!:)

Kellennea 11-04-2011 02:41 PM

Thanks ladies! :) I am sooooo happy I found this support group. I have had so many questions answered just by reading everyone elses questions. We are blessed to have eachother, we really are.

Darlene - yay! you're right behind me!!

Jackie07 11-04-2011 02:54 PM

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing.