HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ~Dana Farber At 4pm Today With Mighty Oak~ (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40141)

Believe51 06-23-2009 11:07 PM

~Dana Farber At 4pm Today With Mighty Oak~

For those that do not know me well, I write with my fighting color! We will be seeing Dr Burstein today and I am packed with hope and ready to dismiss cancer from his brain. When the records were handed to me at OncoMan's I cried, I did not know that having those records handed to me would cause such a release. Dana Farber also called and told us we were all set, I cried then too. Looks like we are good to go, oh my, that must mean I have nothing to do but focus and emit positive energy for him all day (smiling).

To send prayers directly, we will be on the 9th floor, Breast Oncology (smiling). I will be the one with the crazy sneakers and the glimmer of hopefullness in her eyes. That quiet person holding tight to the records that hold the key and the list of options that carry hope. We will be there to claim back his life, the one cancer keeps trying to rob. No not today, we will leave with his life, his options and enough hope to travel the globe with. Sitting there will be just as much for him as for all of us! We will be there not just for the salvaging my husband's dismal outlook, but to break the rules once more. We will sit with sweaty palms as we beg for our miracle, for your miracle!

I am hopeful as much as this situation looks bad. I cannot lie to you all, I have read the reports and they are not good. Any other person would have burned those records, not us and neither would you. I have found that it is true, there is always hope. I am not sure when looking at the paperwork I can still see that hope, I think it is the fact that we continue to claim what is ours. My research reflects the hope in black and white. Ed has a race against time, I pray that he has enough time for science to help him.

So my 'lil Chickadees, that is my story and I am sticking to it (wink). I will not leave without more gifts of time, for him to come home with the inspiration to be courageous and wise enough to chose what is best for him. This is about his quality of life now and even if we can give him better QOL then I have done atleast part of my job.

If you would ask me what would you want our prayers to be I would reply this.....

......that Ed can obtain enough time to fairly fight with the options given.....that his QOL would be improved and if it is meant to be, that cancer take him systemically and not his precious brain. We cannot let cancer take his brain.

Thank you for helping me to be brave through this all. These roads have always been rocky but this time we need to get better traction. As we are sitting there and that twinkle in my eye is blinding, remember it is from having a part of you all in us. You are the toughest, most courageous and wonderous people we have ever met. You have allowed me to find the strength to search and destroy, the power to believe!!>>Marie

Ellie F 06-24-2009 01:43 AM

I read your posts each day and my heart goes out to you every time.Your struggle has been sooo hard and you are fighting so bravely.
I cannot offer you any advice but I know there are others who do this so well. What I do send you is my deepest prayers and heartfelt support that you both will receive a miracle today.
Love Ellie

Kavy 06-24-2009 01:51 AM

Marie,
Sending special prayers that everything goes well at Dana Farber and that Dr. Burstein makes the right decision for Ed's treatment, and that he will have good news for you... and for us.
Love,
KarlaV.

Colleen007 06-24-2009 05:22 AM

Good luck - you'll be in good hands with Dr. Burstein. I'll be thinking of you!

Colleen

Unregistered 06-24-2009 05:53 AM

I"m Talking to the Big Guy Right now

Marie and Ed,

I'm praying for both of you so hard and so much right now. Ed my dear man you have fought a long hard battle and Maire has been right there by your side day in and day out. I pray that you find peace and happiness. I pray for time so that science can fix your precious brain.

I'm telling God to sit beside you today as you sit on the 9th floor at DF, I pray that he holds your hands while you talk to the doctor.

With my heartfelt love, I pray for you!!!!!!!!

Randi

peachysue 06-24-2009 06:06 AM

New to the site but want you both to know that my prayers and hopes are with both of you. You are obviously warriors so keep up the good fight!

Mary Anne in TX 06-24-2009 06:15 AM

My prayers will be on the 9th floor with you. God bless you both as you step into this next adventure. luv ya bunches, ma

Jackie07 06-24-2009 06:24 AM

Marie,

I hope you are getting needed support there at the hospital. Travel safely and find time to rest. We'll be thinking of you and Ed.

schoolteacher 06-24-2009 06:44 AM

Marie and the Mighty Oak,

You two are my heroes. I will be praying today.

Amelia

Terri B 06-24-2009 07:47 AM

Marie,

I wish I could be up there with you to give you a great big hug in person! Poor baby. Sending you and Ed some warm thoughts from the hot south! Prayer Warriors working up a sweat for you!

lexigirl 06-24-2009 08:38 AM

Dear Ed and Marie,

Saying prayers right now for the comfort of Jesus to be with you on the 9th floor at DF. As bleak as the records may look, we all know that the Might Oak as stood up to ca and kicked its butt. I believe that the right tx will improve Ed's quality of life and may even get him to NED.

I hope that you and Ed will feel all the hugs and prayers coming from all over. We care for you both very much.

Hugs and Prayers,
Lexi

Believe51 06-24-2009 09:50 AM

Thank you for refueling me while reading this post. We are getting dressed and will be leaving shortly, I am armed and dangerous. So, I guess all that is left to say is that we are going to search in all of the corners for his treatment.

We are about to make history and hopefully be included in all them stray statistics that are not the norm. What we do today is for us all.

Uncharted waters but ready for the swim of our life. I will talk to you tonight and share even the things that may not help Ed but could help someone else.

And Peachysue, I welcome you and am touched that your first post was to me. I am looking forward to getting to know you and your story. Remember, I will be coming back with hope for us all and I wish that it will inspire your continued fight with the beast.

Love to all, you have made this experience as good as it can be considering the circumstances.>>Believe51

Shobha 06-24-2009 09:55 AM

Dear Marie and Ed,

Sending my deepest prayers for good news and hope for both of you at the 9th floor of Dana Faber. May God bless Ed with better quality of life and keep his brain and mind safe from any harm!

God bless you both with the healing touch.

love,
shobha

Soccermom 06-24-2009 10:00 AM

My strength goes with you ,Ed and Marie~
Marcia

Faith in Him 06-24-2009 10:05 AM

Marie,

In our hearts, we will all be on the 9th floor with you and Ed. I pray this morning that God will give you the peace to get through the day. That He will guide the doctor's to give you just the right answers and will fill you with more hope and encouragement.
I'll be on my knees again at 1:00 pm california time.

alicem 06-24-2009 10:13 AM

Now its my turn to have a "virtual" visit to Boston. I'll be there sitting on your shoulder, trying to remind you to take deep cleansing breaths. I pray for all you have asked us to pray for. In addition, I pray for you to have a sense of peace, calm and focus. I pray for clarity of mind so that you are able to make the best decision possible.

I also want to take this time to tell you that the name of Marie is very special to me. It is a family name - - the middle name of my grandmother, my mother, my sister, one of my daughter's and my niece. You wear the name PROUDLY, and serve it well!!!

Thinking of you all day,

Alice

Yorkiegirl 06-24-2009 12:03 PM

Marie & Ed many, many prayers going out.

Unregistered 06-24-2009 12:26 PM

I'm with you as well

Marie,

I am right there in Boston with you, so is God holding your hand. I pray for peace and well being for both of you.

Randi

Sherryg683 06-24-2009 01:48 PM

Sending you and Ed a big cyber hug and many prayers. You know you two are special to me. You are always so willing to help others...Ed is blessed to have you fighting for him..sherry

WomanofSteel 06-24-2009 02:20 PM

Marie, my prayers go out to you and Ed that all goes well in Boston.