HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   debsing is an angel (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=60778)

debsing 04-16-2014 02:32 PM

debsing is an angel

This is her daughter and I was able to look up pass codes and usernames she had written down. She used to tell me what wonderful chats she had with you all. She passed away around 5:15 am, and I was at her side holding her. I'm so lost without my mother. Now if I could just turn cancer into a human so I could slaughter it to death

KristinSchwick 04-16-2014 02:40 PM

Re: debsing is an angel

Your mom is an angel now, and she'd never want you to react with such violence. She was a wonderful woman and you can be proud to call yourself her daughter. I understand the pain, my mom died at age 60, only 3 years ago and before my stage IV diagnosis, now I know she is with me always keeping me safe and guiding me through life, treatments and everyday things.
Kristin

Laurel 04-16-2014 03:38 PM

I am truly very sorry for your loss. There is nothing in the world like a mother's love. I know she did not want to leave you. She said the same in a post. Her concern was for you always. My deepest condolences.

Nurse4u2day 04-16-2014 04:12 PM

Thank you for informing us of your mothers passing. I am so sorry for your loss. And yes your mothers greatest concern was leaving you behind. My deepest sympathy to you and your family .

FLfrost 04-16-2014 04:13 PM

I am so sorry for your loss of your mother, your pain has touched my heart. I want to reach through this computer and wrap you in big hugs if it were possible. I did not know your mother as I am a newbie. But I will get to know her thru her posts and others replies. This forum is about helping one another and I am certain your mother would love us to pour out love to you during this time of grief. If I can be of any help please feel free to send a private message. I have a daughter who must be about your age and she can certainly understands your pain and grief. I pray that you receive loving guidance in your grieving now and in the months to come.

Andrea Barnett Budin 04-16-2014 05:26 PM

It is true Deb carried you in her heart, and will for eternity, I have no doubt. Your mother did the best she could, up against a great foe. She fought to remain with you. And I agree, she would not want you to think of slaughter.

I see cancer as a bodily dysfunction. I can't even hate it. I seek only to defeat it, for myself, and for all who find themselves struggling for their lives against it.

Your mother adored you, as mother's do. She will live in your heart. I know you'll make her proud.

So deeply sorry for your loss.

We all thank you for taking the time to let us know about our Debsing. That is so very kind of you. We do worry about one another, and we all knew we needed to pray extra hard for your mom. She reached out to us. And we responded as lovingly as we could. You are a very caring and thoughtful young woman.

I'm sorry, I do not know your name, but I feel your sadness and I am sending you hugs.

Please feel free to post here anytime you have the need or desire. We are here for you. We know how difficult this must be for you. Keep talking to your mom, honey. She will hear you, and try to respond. Watch for the signs.

With love,
Andi

tricia keegan 04-16-2014 05:34 PM

So very sad for your loss, thank you for letting us know and she'll always be a part of our community here, may she RIP xxx

Becky 04-16-2014 05:49 PM

I am truly sorry for your loss. Deb was a big part of our community and she will be missed.

caya 04-16-2014 06:03 PM

Sorry to hear about the loss of your dear mother, debsing.

Please accept my condolences and know that your mother loved you very, very much.

all the best
caya

zhelmom 04-16-2014 06:24 PM

I can feel your pain, I am verry sorry for your lost.in this group even we didnt know each other we are like sisters.

Ceesun 04-16-2014 06:24 PM

I am so sad and sorry to read this. May Debsing rest in peace and live in your heart forever. Ceesun

Carol Ann 04-16-2014 06:53 PM

I am so sorry and sad to read this. As Andi wrote, thank you so much for taking the time to let us know of your mother's passing.

Carol Ann

Kkmom 04-16-2014 07:57 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. I remember on this board you mom was such a fighter. I will be praying for your comfort in the days ahead. Pam

crb 04-16-2014 07:59 PM

I am so sorry to hear of your loss! There is nothing in the world like a mother's love. I believe my cancer diagnosis hit my mother especially hard - she watcher her mother go through BC twice and finally succumb after it had metastasized. My grandmother passed away when I was only 3 and my mother 25. My mom has said since then that she truly believes her mom is an angel and watching over her - she has had clear signs over the years that no one would ever believe.

As hard as it is right now to think of life without your mom, she will still be with you forever...

Jackie07 04-17-2014 02:17 AM

Sorry for your loss.

The most important thing is for you (and your siblings, if there's any) to check with the doctors and find out if there's anything you all can do to prevent this from happening to any of you. In other words, find out if there're genetic traits and/or environmental factors related to the cancer.

Sending you good vibes.

Hopeful 04-17-2014 06:40 AM

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Hopeful

JillaryJill 04-17-2014 07:04 AM

So sorry to hear of your loss. Please know that those of us on the board are still fighting in honor of those that have gone before us. By participating in clinical trials, sharing our experiences, comparing treatments and generally never giving up....our hope is that we are all playing a part in "killing the beast" so that younger generations do not have to worry about a breast cancer diagnosis!

Mary Anne in TX 04-17-2014 07:41 AM

So sorry to hear about your mom. I'd be just as angry. But you can be so proud of her courage and fight to stay with you. It will be people like your mom who finally make the difference in the battle to "kill" cancer. God bless you. I hope you begin to find some peace soon, though the loss never goes away.

debsing 04-17-2014 09:45 AM

The support on here is amazing, and I'm so relieved to know now that my mother had you all. I already miss our trips to Siteman. I always took her to her appointments and we were known as the ornery pair. Between her and I, we tried to keep on top of things as much as possible. Often, we knew or recommended things that they hadn't even considered (MRI when the brain mets were found). Unfortunately, her peritoneal mets didn't show up on the last scan and ended up giving her the bowel obstruction, which was not reversible in her case. She was a warrior, and I was her horse she rode into battle. We put up a hell of a fight together.

KDR 04-17-2014 11:41 AM

I am soooo sorry. May be peace be with you and yours,

Karen