HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   I'm Getting a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33185)

Sheila 03-20-2008 02:12 PM

I'm Getting a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a great Easter gift.....I am getting a break from the Taxol.....only 6 weeks, or 3 doses, but hey I'll take it.....I feel like I got out of jail! Of course I will still be going for my Herceptin, so I can't completely detach myself from the umbilical cord of the chemo lounge, but I am elated to know that DECADRON will not be my companion until May....I seem to be "reasonably stable" (if there is such a thing), and I was told there is a good chance I will lose my hair again when the load me for Taxol in May, but I didn't like the somewhat bird feathers that have been growing in anyway, and this freedom to me is worth the chance of being bald again.
Happy Easter Everyone! FYI, we are slated to get snow tonight, up to a foot!!! Spring is here in Illinois!!!!!!

Jean 03-20-2008 02:27 PM

Sheila,
Your news puts a huge smile on my face. Understand what you mean about those feathers, I had them for a long time, so your right about no big deal loosing them. A nice break for Spring, so enjoy the 6 wks.
without those nasty steriods. I guess the Easter bunny will be carrying a shovel in your neighborhood.

Sending you lots of hugs,
Jean

Becca 03-20-2008 02:36 PM

Sheila, that is great news. It will feel so good for you to have some weeks without side effects bothering you (hopefully). This will give you time to mentally and physically get revved up for when you must start again. Best wishes for some relaxing weeks ahead.
Becca

Mary Anne in TX 03-20-2008 03:03 PM

Oh me, won't your 2008 Easter Egg hunt be fun this year! I can see it now! Energy and eggs everywhere! So pleased for you! May the bunny bless you richly. ma

kareneg 03-20-2008 03:13 PM

What wonderful news, you so deserve this break ENJOY!

tousled1 03-20-2008 03:15 PM

Sheila,

What a great Easter gift! A six week break from Taxol. Enjoy the time away from Taxol. I think we all need a "chemo break" once in a while. Just so our bodies can rejuvinate.

Karen W 03-20-2008 03:28 PM

Oh Sheila, what happy news! You made my day.

Karen

caya 03-20-2008 04:28 PM

I am so happy for you Sheila- enjoy your 6 week break, you deserve it.

all the best
caya

Patty F 03-20-2008 04:30 PM

Sheila
Congrats on the taxol break.
As far as the snow goes look at the positive....it will be easy to find brightly colored Easter Eggs in the snow. I am in Northwest Indiana....not sure how much we are suppose to get.

Joe 03-20-2008 05:09 PM

More Great News !

Christine had her routine brain MRI followup on Monday and today we visited her RadOnc. No new metasthesis and the old ones are rapidly disappearing.

Regards
Joe

Mary Anne in TX 03-20-2008 05:14 PM

What terrific news, Joe! And a great time to share it! ma

Andrea Barnett Budin 03-20-2008 05:19 PM

What A Happy Thread!!!

Sheila, How fabulous! I am elated for you. Enjoy your break. Surely you deserve it. I send you happy energy (as if you need any). But -- it couldn't hurt.

Joe and Christine, More good news. Thanks so much. I really needed that.

Happy Holiday to all who celebrate Easter. Peace... Health... Joy...
Andi

Mary Jo 03-20-2008 05:49 PM

Sending "thank you God" prayers for Sheila and Christine....

A blessed Easter to all....

Mary Jo

chicagoetc 03-20-2008 05:54 PM

Glad to hear about the good news Sheila (Taxol is apparently easy for some, not so easy for others)...

And glad too for Christine's MRI.

Snow here in Chicago too? [A white Easter?]

Melanie

Faith in Him 03-20-2008 06:06 PM

Shelia,

Wonderful news. I am so happy you can enjoy the next six weeks without chemo. What a blessing. Enjoy!

Tonya

Adriana Mangus 03-20-2008 06:38 PM

Great News!

Dear Sheila,

I'm so happy for you. I know what you mean- any little break would do it for me as well. Enjoy your break...Happy Easter to you, also.

Lolly 03-20-2008 06:41 PM

Sheila, GREAT NEWS on your "spring break"! Enjoy every minute :)

<3 Lolly

Adriana Mangus 03-20-2008 06:43 PM

Anyone going to Denver? Please reply ASAP

Dear Friends; I would like to join the hundred of bc survivors in May.

Is anyone is interested in meeting me in Denver, please let me know..We need to act quickly though, the airline industry has announced the increase on airline fares due to the high gasoline prices. Please respond.

Thank you. I need a break from everything and everybody...I'm an experienced traveler and won't be a pain in the neck, promise...:-)

Joan M 03-20-2008 06:52 PM

Sheila and Christine, Wonderful news! Joan

Bill 03-20-2008 07:17 PM

Sheila, what great news! You go whistling in the park after your vitamin H treatments. Joe, thanks for sharing your great news about Christine! "Let us all rejoice, for one more good thing has been added to the long list of good things in this world" Love, Bill