HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   CourtneyL needs our support (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50739)

bejuce 07-13-2011 02:51 PM

CourtneyL needs our support

Hi fellow HER-2ers,

CourtneyL, our amazing and inspiring member, has recently suffered a setback in her treatment and is now taking Ixempra to control some disease progression in her breast, some new lymph nodes as well as a slight increase in one lung tumor and some bone spots.

She lost her hair again and is back to wearing a wig, but being the strong force that she is, she's exercising and planning on going on a trip with her family.

I think she'd love to hear from you, so please send CourtneyL your messages of support (you can PM her) and give her further strength to fight this setback.

Thanks!

Marcia

Sheila 07-13-2011 03:21 PM

Re: CourtneyL needs our support

Thanks Marcia for letting us know....I will PM her

krisvell 07-13-2011 03:31 PM

Marcia,
Will be sending more messages of support.

Kris......

Chelee 07-13-2011 04:31 PM

Marcia,
Thanks for telling us. I will send her a PM also.

Kris...thanks for the link to Courtney's caring bridge page.

Chelee

Joan M 07-13-2011 04:55 PM

Marcia,

Please tell Courtney that I'm praying for success with her new treatment.

Joan

StephN 07-13-2011 05:11 PM

Her Caring Bridge page says they are sending some tissue for a special path report. It will be interesting to see if her cancer is changing.

In the mean time she is taking Ixempra and Herceptin. I sure hope this combo will stop her progression in its tracks.

GO Courtney.

Jean 07-13-2011 06:51 PM

Marcia,
Thank you for letting us know ....will do...
jean

ElaineM 07-13-2011 08:46 PM

I have my fingers crossed for you Courtney !!!!!!!! You go girl !! Kick the cancer in the butt with your new therapy. Take good care of yourself.

Elizabethtx 07-14-2011 07:03 AM

My prayers are included for peace and recovery. Stay strong Courtney, we are with you!

Shobha 07-14-2011 12:31 PM

Courtney,

Please know that we are all praying for your recovery and strength! Hoping to hear good news from you soon!

Love,
shobha

chrisy 07-14-2011 01:24 PM

If you haven't visited Courtney's caringbridge page I encourage you to do so. Have a hanky handy. Her journal includes an absolutely beautiful tribute to her husband's support and is very full of that Courtney spirit!

tricia keegan 07-14-2011 01:31 PM

Thanks for letting us know Marcia and sending good wishes to Courtney!!

kimber 07-15-2011 10:49 AM

Hello ladies. Can someone please let me know the name of her caring bridge website. I know her first name obviously but not the last.

Thanks!

Sheila 07-15-2011 01:35 PM

Courtney does not want her link made public here on the site....due to spammers. IF ANYONE WANTS IT, Private Messge me

schoolteacher 07-16-2011 06:30 AM

Courtney,

Thinking of you. Hope to hear from you soon.

Shelia, thanks for the site address.

Amelia

caya 07-16-2011 10:01 AM

Sending big hugs and lots of prayers and good wishes to CourtneyL.

all the best
caya

CourtneyL 07-18-2011 09:14 AM

Thank you all so very much! Your messages of love and support really gave me a lift. I'm currently on a lovely vacation with my family in New England. Going for my second Ixempra on Thursday. So far, other than the hair loss, it hasnt been too bad. I see shrinkage already in the new tumors just under the skin. I really think it is working and will report back once I have confirmation of shrinking tumor markers.

If anyone would like the link to my Caringbridge page, Is be happy to send it to you privately. Thank you for understanding! My love to you all!!!

KDR 07-18-2011 09:48 AM

Courtney,
As always, love to you...have already read your page, saw it last week as well as the one written about your dear husband...you will persevere, dear one, you are an inspiration to all...always have been--
Love Karen

v-ness 07-18-2011 11:38 AM

welcome to New England, courtney, from here in Wild Western Mass. it's good to hear that you're out on this trip and that you can see shrinkage (i can't not think of george castanza when i hear that word). whenever i get an email telling me you've updated your page i zip right on over to it. your tribute to your husband was indeed gorgeous. i hated reading of your setback and really salute you for your candor and guts. yours, valerie

Mary Anne in TX 07-18-2011 01:55 PM

Hi Courtney! I look forward to all the "Shrinkage Updates"!!! ma