HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   OMG!!! I'm PREGNANT (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=34399)

LAURIE 06-17-2008 01:47 PM

OMG!!! I'm PREGNANT

The doctors office confirmed today what I already knew. I took 2 tests on Sat. that were positive. When the nurse practitioner heard my story today she got chills. I am only at 4 weeks. I will talk to my ONC next Tuesday. He wanted me to wait 2 years before trying. I knew in my heart I did not want to wait. I have talked to many of you about the struggle I have of even thinking of bringing a child into the world (with a stage IIIC diagnosis). Well we went for it anyways. Before being diagnosed with BC we had been trying to have a baby for 4 years. At one point I went on fertility and I still did not ovulate. Without help I only ovulated 1 or 2 times a year. When the whole BC came up we could not even preserve eggs because I just would not ovulate. Well after my first A/C I started my period. It continued until mid way through Taxol. It came back 2 months after Taxol. I have been regular ever since. No doctor has been able to explain it. It is normally just the opposite. Last week when I was waiting for my period, I didn't even think pregnancy, I thought that me not having a period meant that my BC was back. Crazy how our brains go right to the negative. So either this is going to be the best story ever or a sad one that I have to make a choice about. Obviously, my biggest fear is that I have a reoccurance during pregnancy. I choose to take the positive route and hang on tight. One thing I do know is that CHEMOTHERAPY has given me something that I never thought was possible. A pregnancy at 37 years old when they said it would not happen. Were celebrating today!!!!!

Believe51 06-17-2008 01:53 PM

Laurie....

Chills!! I think it will be the best story ever!! Sending Love and Prayers Momma.>>Believe51

Margerie 06-17-2008 01:56 PM

Congrats Laurie!! Best of luck during your pregnancy. What a nice miracle!!

Becca 06-17-2008 03:33 PM

Babies are so wonderful--best wishes that all goes well. We'll all be following your progress and cheering you on!

WomanofSteel 06-17-2008 03:35 PM

congratulations and best of luck. this is awesome news!

tricia keegan 06-17-2008 04:07 PM

Wow

Laurie, it sounds like this was meant to be for you, many congratulations and I really hope all goes well for you.
This is not the type of post we've come used to here and it's a wonderful change!!
Good luck!

lilyecuadorian 06-17-2008 04:12 PM

Laurie is a great reason to live longer ....congratulations ...

lexigirl 06-17-2008 04:12 PM

Laurie,

Wow!! I am so happy reading your post!! Congratulations on your pregnancy!! Your sweet baby will have lots of anxious aunties and a few uncles awaiting his/her arrival!!

Huge Hugs and Prayers,
Lexi

StephN 06-17-2008 04:15 PM

What a thrill for you and your family!

We here know that miracles CAN and DO happen as well as the sad stories. More miracles are needed to keep the scales balanced and this is pure gold.

Your positive attitude is uplifting and your eyes say you are up to this new challenge.

Sheila 06-17-2008 04:16 PM

Laurie
I have a friend who was diagnosed in her late 20's...had a lumpectomy, then chemo, radiation, then 1 yr later, a new primary in the other breast...had a double mastectomy, and Taxol...had been off taxol 3 months and found out she was pregnant ...she was told to wait 2 years also....well her little miracle...Molly, is soon to be 3, and she is expecting her 2nd child...miracles do happen...for a reason...you are blessed with this gift...celebrate!!!!! We will have to have a baby shower for you!!!!!!

Bill 06-17-2008 05:09 PM

Congratulations, Laurie! Celebrate and Rejoice!

Jean 06-17-2008 05:29 PM

Laurie,
Such happy news, see good things do happen to good people. What a special blessing.

Big Hugs
jean

dhealey 06-17-2008 06:01 PM

Laurie, Reading your post gave me chills. Something so wonderful and positive coming out of months of devestation and despair. God is certainly smiling down on you. Many blessings to you and your husband!!!!

Becky 06-17-2008 06:07 PM

Dear Laurie

I am thrilled that you are bringing a new life into the world for you and your husband to love. Also for its 100s of Auntie's on this board to go through a much wanted and DESERVED pregnancy. Look forward - you will be helping us too as well. All through the months of pregnancy and all the birthdays too. This is so special for you and I hope you share all the milestones with your sisters. Your little one will sure have a ton of family to learn about now. It will sure be nice to give advice on how to help you relieve morning sickness versus chemo nausea!!!

Hugs and happiness

Mary Anne in TX 06-17-2008 06:50 PM

Amazing, wonderful, fantastic!!!!

sassy 06-17-2008 06:59 PM

What a wonderful gift! I am so happy for you--the joy you feel now will only continue to grow! We will celebrate with you all the way!

D.W. 06-17-2008 07:05 PM

Wow!

Laurie,

I am so happy for you! Please keep us up to date on "little one's" progress.

D.W.

Lori R 06-17-2008 07:43 PM

Laurie,

Fantastic news. Welcoming a new child to your family is certainly a source of inspiration for many of us on the board.

I agree with Sheila. Let's have a baby shower!! Hmmm...How can I e-mail a piece of cake with pastel blue and pink frosting?

Celebrate and know that many of us are celebrating with you!! Lori

Faith in Him 06-17-2008 07:57 PM

Laurie,

This truly is a blessing. We are all so excited for you.

Tonya

juanita 06-17-2008 08:18 PM

Congratulations! I'm very happy for you!