HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   pain in sentinal node scar (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45776)

Les 06-25-2010 07:40 PM

pain in sentinal node scar

Just wondering if anyone has had this happen. I am almost 7 yrs out now from stage1 bc erpr+ her2+++ no nodes and almost 2 yrs out from melanoma,stage 1 feeling great back at work cleaning ect.and this week I started feeling pain and burning in the area of the node biopsy scar, I'm hoping its just a pulled muscle because I can't feel anything but that side feels different anyways after the radiation. thanks Leslie

Becky 06-25-2010 07:49 PM

Re: pain in sentinal node scar

I am almost 6 yrs out and this happens to me and my lumpectomy scar too. I don't even know what I do but I do know weather changes affect it - it kind of was bothering me this week but it has been incredibly hot and humid. Cold really is bad - the first cold days of autumn/winter. Naturally, when it bothers me I give myself a breast exam but nothing is there. And it does go away in a couple of days or a week or so.

Les 06-25-2010 08:08 PM

Thanks Becky that's what I was thinking,I'm not 25 anymore!~

tricia keegan 06-26-2010 01:59 PM

I get the same from time to time and think it's still due to the cut nerves in that area.

It usually subsides fairly quickly though:)

Jean 06-26-2010 04:43 PM

I have had this also - have you been straining the area by carrying heavy items on the side of the surgery.
I have been over doing it and from my armpit down to my surgery site (high axillary area) has been hurting and is sore to the touch. Too much swimming, carrying heavy bags...etc. plus the weather plays its part as Becky mentions.

If the pain continues over 2 wks, have it checked.
Jean

swimangel72 06-29-2010 06:14 PM

I've been getting a pain in the area of my port placement - in my upper left chest area - sometimes it feels like it's more in the bone - othertimes the pain runs up my neck, following the path of the port tubes. I never had this pain before, so it's weird to suddenly experience it every day off-and-on for the past month or so. My port was removed over two years ago (it had gotten infected).......anyone else experience pain like that near their old port scar?

CLTann 06-29-2010 07:05 PM

Many patients after severe pain syndrome, such as herpetic (shingle) pain, continue to have pain off and on, even after years. For shingles, they are post herpetic neuralgia. My husband still has hpn pain 15 years after shingle.

Hopeful 06-30-2010 09:35 AM

My rads onc said that scar tissue continues to accumulate over the years. I get a twinge from time to time when I stretch a certain way, and I am sure it is due to the excess scar tissue.

Hopeful

Diane H 07-01-2010 08:23 AM

I also have pain issues with both lumpectomy scar and the port site, and am five years out. Some days are worse than others. I am headed in for a check up in a month or so and will definitely be asking about it but I think it is as the others have said, the scar tissue and nerve regeneration that can cause the pain. My breast surgeon said on one occasion that it would always have some level of pain on that side. Most of the time really not a prob. So I think you are in the same boat but of course I would ask your doc.

MJo 07-03-2010 03:30 PM

Interesting. I get pain in the lumpectomy site and the sentinal node site. I had a large, deep mole removed from my back years ago, and I sometimes get pain in that site too. Interesting how our scars sing to us.

candlegranny 07-03-2010 06:44 PM

I may be crazy but where is the sentinal node?
I have a little pain in my left side today and wonder if it is th4 scar? there is nothing there to see... jsut feels like a bruise when i touch it. but i dont know where that node is .. i lost so man i am sure the doc took mine lol