HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Raised rash on back (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29320)

lexigirl 07-25-2007 09:42 PM

Raised rash on back

Hey Everybody,

I am coming on my two year cancerversary next month. Today I have noticed a raised rash, maybe 1/2 inch long, on my back. It's on the opposite side that my IBC affected. I am really nervous. I am shaking and my husband wants me to go get it checked. I will call pcp tomorrow. I guess I am just needing to vent and see if any of you may have any ideas other than a recurrence.

I'll keep you posted.

Hugs and Prayers,
Lexi

Mary Anne in TX 07-25-2007 11:33 PM

Hi Lexi!
A bubbly rash was how my shingles started. Have it looked at pronto! If it happened to be shingles they need to get you on meds quickly to start getting rid of it NOW!
Best of luck on it being something very simple to treat! ma

SoCalGal 07-25-2007 11:46 PM

many ideas

This is the perfect site for me because I just know I was a doc in a past life....Okay - Does it itch? Hurt? All over your back or just one spot? Were you at the beach, in the sun? Laying on a blanket in the park? Did you change your laundry detergent, use a new shampoo or sit on a couch with cooties or some little buggers like fleas that bit you and caused a reaction? If you take benedryl does it go away? It could be some random skin dermatitis thing that you will get a cream and it will clear up. I don't think it's common to have a recurrence for BR CA on your back skin. That's just my gut feeling. Breathe, call the doc in the AM and insist on a quick visit to put your mind at ease. I'll bet it's not related to cancer.
Blessings,
Flori

lexigirl 07-26-2007 07:54 AM

Thank you for responding to my post. Boy oh boy, I never thought that I'd be hoping to have a bad case of dermatitis or even shingles. I am sick inside and feeling very anxious. I did take some benadryl before bed and it didn't change. It is raised and red. Almost as if you burned yourself. I did get too much sun on my back on Saturday, however the rash is where I had no sun exposure at all!

Please pray for me. I will keep you posted.

HUgs,
Lexi

Heart Sutra 07-26-2007 08:39 AM

Hi Lexi,

I had a rash on my back a few months ago. My onc. couldn't say what it was from.
My daughter had just bought a fish in the same week and took it home put it in water and the next morning the fish was dead. She went back to the pet shop and they gave her another fish and told her that our town has recently changed the water purification process from chlorine to chloramines and that will kill the fish. She needed to treat the water so it was safe for fish.
I did some research and found that in some cases chloramines can cause a skin rash.
The rash was red, raised (looked like hives) and stings like a burn when you touch it. It took a couple of weeks to go away.
I had the director of our water treatment facility come and test my water and he said the rash is not caused from the water on your skin, it comes from inhaling the steam but because there are so few cases of this reaction it will be documented and nothing will be changed until enough cases are reported. He did say to take cooler showers making sure the bathroom is vented.
You may want to check your water supply if the onc. can't tell you what it is.
Hope all goes well
Sue

suzan w 07-26-2007 09:39 AM

Hope you are finding out the answer to your rash and I hope it is nothing!!!! Isn't is tiring to have to worry about everything? Sometimes my little brain just gets exhausted with all this cancer-worry! Sending happy thoughts your way!!!

lexigirl 07-26-2007 10:09 AM

Thanks Sisters! I am so happy to have you all to share this with. I am seeing my pcp at 2:50 pm today. I am hopeful that he will have an answer!

Lexi

Audrey 07-26-2007 11:17 AM

Hi Lexi, just wanted you to know I'm sending positive thoughts and prayers your way for your doctor's appointment today--please let us know how it goes.

Mary Jo 07-26-2007 11:22 AM

Hi Lexi,

I feel your anxiousness and have said a prayer for you. Please, please, please Lord let it be "nothing."

I can't wait to read an update from you.

Hugs from here,

Mary Jo

Mary Anne in TX 07-26-2007 01:23 PM

Hi Lexi!
Let us know what the onc says!!!! Hoping it's something totally boring!
ma

lexigirl 07-26-2007 04:50 PM

Hi ALl,

I just got home from my appt. The doc said it could be froma bite, but because of the IBC he thought it should be biopsied. He looked to get me in w/ a dermatologist, but they were booked til next week. He decided that he would go ahead and take the biopsy himself. He said if it proved positive for cancer that I could here back as early as tomorrow. However, if it's something the pathologists need to scratch their heads over, I won't hear so soon. I am hopeful that they will have really itchy heads about this!

Thanks for the love and support. It means a whole lot to me.

Lexi

suzan w 07-26-2007 05:35 PM

let's hope that it leaves everyone scratchin' keeping fingers/toes/etc. crossed

tousled1 07-26-2007 06:29 PM

Lexi,

Hoping that it turns out to be nothing other than a simple dermatitis.

Becky 07-26-2007 07:06 PM

Dear Lexi

I just want you to know that I am thinking of you too. You are always so nice to everyone on the site and in almost 3 years of me being here, you have never asked for a thing and you are always praying and thinking of everyone else.

Love to you now

LAURIE 07-26-2007 07:23 PM

have a glass of wine and chill, I'll have one for you too!!!! I'm hoping and praying everything is a-okay!!!!

Bev 07-26-2007 07:32 PM

I'm voting for spider bite. Some of them can be nasty. How nice of your onc to take care of it. Saying my little prayer all will be fine. Bev.

Karen Weixel 07-26-2007 07:45 PM

Lexi,

I have had quite a few rashes on my chest and left breast (bc breast) the last couple of weeks. I think it is probably a rash but better to be safe.

Sending hugs and prayers.

Karen

Patricia 07-26-2007 08:29 PM

Hi Lexi,

I am thinking of you and hoping (and praying for the best). We are all here for you and can relate to the anxiousness that these things bring. I personally am so grateful for this site, as we can all imagine the anxiety that you have from this and not everyone in our lives can relate, but that is why we have each other. Keep us posted.

Hugs,
Patricia

caya 07-26-2007 08:44 PM

Lexi,

Hoping for very itchy heads. It's probably nothing, that is what we are all praying for.

all the best
caya

Sherryg683 07-27-2007 01:14 PM

Hi Lexi, glad it's not shingles ..you sure don't want a bad case of those. Mine have been hurting now for 7 months and it's worse than any pain I had while on chemo. I am going to go in an have an epidural block for it when I get back from vacation. It's probably nothing in your case. I know we worry about everything being cancer, but chances are it's just a bite or rash..sherry