HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Doxil & The Dark Skin Splotches-HELP (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61592)

KDR 08-05-2014 07:50 AM

Doxil & The Dark Skin Splotches-HELP

It's summer and I'm loving going to the pool and beach. Problem is, I have hideous, and I mean ugly, dark skin splotches on the bikini area and under the arm. Anywhere the clothes rub on the skin, it happens. HOW DOES ONE GET RID OF THIS? It is the most unsightly thing ever.
Help ASAP,
Karen

tricia keegan 08-05-2014 02:01 PM

Re: Doxil & The Dark Skin Splotches-HELP

I'm sorry Karen and although I had Adriamycin I didn't have this side effect, worse thing I got was a deep redness on my face for a few days but hope someone else can help.

SoCalGal 08-05-2014 03:05 PM

hmmm, have not heard of this - is it a common s/e or an uncommon s/e of treatment? I'd ask your onc about it - or a dermatologist. (I have ugly age spots, and often horrible blood under the skin type bruises), so my new best friend is dermablend followed by setting powder.

KDR 08-05-2014 03:18 PM

It's DOXIL. I'll have to wait it out. "See a dermatologist, blah blah blah." More prescriptions. I must have 60 or so in my closet, so yeah, I'll find some cortizone cream. Yes, I'm sooo done. Why? Because I believe in The Cure and I know it's under our noses. Whoever is using RSO, please PM me, I need it.
And I'm personally not happy with all the Neratinib HYPE BIG MONEY JUMP 300% PUMP IT UP NEXT BIGGEST THING increase in stock. It too, sucks. Cranky today. Really just wondering what kind of pond I'm swimming in today...
Karen

SoCalGal 08-05-2014 03:31 PM

What's RSO? I love acronyms.
KDR---SO Sorry you are having a time of it - ignore your spots and dots. I'm sure they are ignoring you.

(?Watch something funny - if you liked Seinfeld, there is a web show called Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee).
xo xo xo

KDR 08-05-2014 03:57 PM

RSO is RICK SIMPSON OIL. I need the tincture. What is California paying an oz.? Did I hear $2,600 at the dispensary? Then you have to brew it. Carefully. Spain has evidenced-based data. People have data. Right now, People Data is enough for me.

Karen

SoCalGal 08-05-2014 04:25 PM

Pm yanyan. I think she has info. I haven't tried RSO.

KDR 08-05-2014 06:33 PM

We are speaking. Thanks SoCalCal.

CoolBreeze 08-05-2014 07:27 PM

I don't know if this will work but you might try Retinol. It's used to even out skin tone. It's Vitamin A so you might check with your oncologist. But you can find it anywhere in the beauty aisle, and it can be inexpensive.

But it takes a month of daily use to start working.

CarolineC 08-06-2014 08:10 AM

Karen,

I hope things are better for you today. I also believe in The Cure, although I think The Cure is within ourselves as much as the medicine to help us. I also take interest in People Data and those of us in the Real World who don't fit into the pretty little box of normal but still have so much information to offer.

I personally know someone who is taking cannabis oil for cancer and she doesn't feel pain even though she has bone mets. . I don't know if you've seen this thread on bco.org-https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/79/topic/818470. I started reading it awhile ago, but got quagmired in a bunch of stuff and it looks to be quite long now.

Love,

Caroline

KDR 08-06-2014 02:03 PM

Thanks, all.
Caroline, did your friend's numbers go down on the tincture? I know it has to be a certain, specific kind. I found a link to that today. Will get it soon.
Let me know. More People Data.
Love you
Karen

CarolineC 08-06-2014 02:52 PM

Karen,

Sorry, unfortunately she doesn't keep track of the numbers, but she feels good. She was rediagnosed last summer after 10 years of "cancer free". She then did chemo and recently did two rounds of TDM1. Now she needs a break so she has decided not to do anymore for awhile. She also has MS so has to consider that as well.

I think about my TMs sometimes, especially with the pain in my body and my CEA is now 37-I was keeping it around 20-25 last fall. I'm wondering (and hoping) that it is just a reflection of high cortisol in my body and definitely pain and inflammation. I have an MRI of my adrenal tomorrow morning and pray it won't show anything bad.

I feel that it is imperative to keep our bodies calm, be it by beta blockers, meditation, COX-2 inhibitors like aspirin, accupuncture, massage, gentle yoga or walking, anti-inflammatory diet, cannabis oil, or maybe even Wobenzyme, like Andi did as part of her healing.

I have been mad at myself for doing everything that is asked of me so as not to be labelled as "difficult", but when I do, I am the one that suffers. On a tangent, I was declared stable in May because my adrenal had stopped growing and my sternum was stable, but then I stupidly went for pain management and the doctor punctured my lung. I felt for three weeks like I'd been punched in the stomach and that was replaced by a very upset stomach and weight loss of almost 20 pounds in two months! I am 5'7" and now about 114 pounds and look nothing like my avatar.

The insurance companies are more accomodating to cover the drugs for us, but put a cap on naturopaths and healing modalities. The conventional doctors are treating what they can see on scans (and are trained to do so) and are treating our illness at the expense of tearing our bodies down instead of building them up, but who is there to help create wellness? We are on our own on this path and we need to collaborate towards our own "cure". The information and doctors (integrative, I believe) are out there, but it is alot of work.

Have you read the book "Radical Remission:Surviving Cancer Against All Odds"? It has been recommended to me and is by a doctor who researched people with cancer who have done well. I'll bet it has information that people on this site who have done well with metastatic cancer have already done.

KDR 08-06-2014 02:59 PM

I love your thinking. And I have not read that book. I will indeed look for it. Andi and I share the same integrative doctor. Look at the job he did with her. His part worked and continues to, and her part worked and continues to work. I only wish I'd started earlier.

Thanks for sharing. I, too, look nothing like my Avatar, I just always wanted to live in Jeannie's bottle and loved her outfit.

Karen