HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   New Campfire (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52000)

teresalynn 01-19-2012 06:34 PM

Re: New Campfire

Hi, I am very new to the website, just recently joined the other day. Just learning how to interact on this site. I love this campfire idea. That is so fun. I eat alot of fish and veggies. So I will bring Salmon in lemon butter with aspargus to cook over the fire, for those who like fish. When are we camping??

ElaineM 01-20-2012 10:39 AM

Thanks for the salmon and asparagus. I like salmon very much. It is the only thing with a face that I eat since I am a vegetarian 99% of the time. With your dinner and my breakfast we have two meals to enjoy.
Bill started the camp and asked us to take care of it when he is not around. We come by to take care of the campfire, bring wood, cook, eat, rest, talk, tell stories, celebrate, pray, meditate and relax when we feel stressed out. It is open all the time. It is very near a nice lake for fishing and swimming and some nice woods for walking.

karen z 01-20-2012 10:50 AM

Yes, it is very peaceful. I am going to spend some time there this weekend. Feel like I could use some peace!!

ElaineM 04-01-2012 11:11 AM

I just came down to relax in the hammock and enjoy the spring flowers starting to bloom near the campfire.
It is nice and peaceful here with only the birds singing and the wind blowing gently through the trees.
There is a thermos of herbal tea near the fire for whoever drops by.

ElaineM 05-27-2012 10:41 AM

Hey Bill
Are you out there in cyberspace?
I think it is time for us to go clean up the campfire for the summer. Can you please help me? I will bring some snacks if you bring the clean up equipment. Do we have a deal?
Thanks.

Bill 06-07-2012 04:44 PM

Hi everybody! Yes, Elaine, we have a deal! This place looks pretty good, actually. You've been doing a good job keeping it straight. Let me gather up some of this storm debris and we can use it for kindling. I'm going to take my bow saw and cut up some of the larger pieces while I snack on the sweet fruits you guys have brought. It's good to see you guys.

Becky 06-08-2012 04:48 AM

Kumbaya my Bill, Kumbaya! Oh Bill, Kumbaya

ElaineM 06-08-2012 10:14 AM

It is great to see you too Bill. It has been awhile. Thanks for your help. I am going to clean up some of the leaves and straighten up a bit too. Here is a big thermos of ice tea for the clean up crew.

Jackie07 07-16-2012 07:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Been collecting pictures of lotus since May...

Bill 09-27-2012 02:52 PM

Hello Ladies! Thought I'd stop by and poke the fire a bit. I've been missing y'all. Sometimes I come to the edge of the clearing here and look in just to make sure you're ok, then I'm off again, but this time I want to sit the night, I think. I'm tired. I've lit my candle for Brenda and I think I'll just sit here with my girls and watch some sparks fly. It's a good night.

Becky 09-27-2012 03:27 PM

Hey Bill

Its's comforting to know that you are here for us always when we need you. It is a nice night to sit by the fire with a beer and reflect. Thanks for being here, Bill.

Jeanette 09-27-2012 03:34 PM

Thanks for being here Bill. A good night to just sit and contemplate. Praying for our dear Brenda, Jeanette

pwiswell 09-27-2012 04:43 PM

I just stumbled across this site, probably when I need it the most. I'd like to sit by the fire and just hang out for awhile. I recently found out that the Herceptin I'd been getting for the past three years is no longer working and my bone mets is progressing. Last week, I was switched to Xeloda and Tykerb, but had to stop taking it after the first week due to stomach pain. I hope to restart it next week. I'm trying hard not to feel sorry for myself. I just want to raise my 12 and 14 year olds and see them settled in life. Hope that isn't too much to ask. Anyway enough whining, I just threw a log on the fire and enjoying good company.

ElaineM 09-27-2012 09:08 PM

Thanks for keeping an eye on us Bill. I am very glad you are doing that. Enjoy your rest by the campfire tonight.
I am here for a little while too.

ElaineM 09-27-2012 09:11 PM

Welcome Pwiswell. Relax by the fire with us anytime.

ElaineM 03-09-2013 06:00 PM

Hi all,
I thought I would come to the campfire and get it cleaned up and ready for spring this weekend. Bill if you are available the outhouse needs a few repairs.
I also want to put a few healing herbs in the window boxes of the outhouse instead of flowers.
So, I am going to light a little fire and make a nice pot of veggie chili with some rice to cook slowly for dinner
before I put up the hammock and take a nap. There is a thermos of hot tea for anyone who drops by since the air is still a bit chilly today.

Bill 03-13-2013 06:20 PM

Hi Gang! Elaine, that veggie chili sounds great. It smells really good simmering over that little fire. I'll just be over here tinkering with the outhouse boards if you need me. It's good to see you again. I brought a little box of Do-Si-Dos if you guys want any. Help yourselves.

ElaineM 03-17-2013 06:05 PM

Thanks for dropping by to help Bill. We will have this place in shape for all the enjoy before summer.

Bill 12-17-2013 08:42 PM

I thought I'd stop by and throw a few branches on the fire and stoke it up a bit. Elaine loved it here. Every time I stopped in, she was here, poking the fire and humming to herself. I can sneak up on anyone, believe me, but not Elaine. As soon as I got near, she would shout out, "Hello, Bill! Welcome back!" and I would respond, "Hello, Mother Nature!" and we would laugh and sit poking the fire until others showed up to join us. She had an indescribable quality that will last through countless campfires and stars shooting across the midnight sky. Elaine will be at every campfire I'm ever at from now on. Please join me and throw a branch on the fire for Elaine, as a tribute.

SoCalGal 12-17-2013 09:00 PM

Hi Bill,
You know me - I've got my marshmallows...heading to the campfire, thinking of all the friends I've met along the way. Hope it won't be too long till Pinkie shows up. Could use some company tonite...